Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 126212 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #1005 on: March 16, 2020, 06:29:17 AM »
You're wasting your time comparing the number of US infected to countries that have actually been testing rigorously. Apples and Oranges.

S. Korea has tested about 230,000 of its citizens. 
We've managed about 15,000 tests in the same amount of time. 

"Don't Test, Don't Tell" is not the same thing as not having infected.

As the kits finally get out in distribution (a month late..yes flubbed), numbers of identified infected will skyrocket.

They are there, just haven't been able to be identified and counted because no one can get a test.

:rolleyes:
Ok so what the excuse for other countries that also have low numbers?
Or does our government run them too?  :rolleyes:
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1006 on: March 16, 2020, 08:09:49 AM »
QAnon?

:rofl

Oh look, an O that turns into a Q at 23 seconds in a Trump tweet about Corona Virus.

I'm sure his editors didnt notice /s

https://mobile.twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1239394598667071488?s=21

We have The 'Ndrangheta mob boss being arrested in Italy during the quarantine.  This is huge.
https://mobile.twitter.com/PUG_APU/status/1239326841657339904

We have people coming together all over Europe during quarantine even in bad times. Check this out.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 08:20:50 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1007 on: March 16, 2020, 08:35:17 AM »
Which is also what I have been saying.  Perhaps you didnt notice

Perhaps.  Since you are an obnoxious troll, I'm not putting too much effort into reading your posts.

Frankly, your signal to noise ratio is to low to bother with.  Welcome to the Ignore List.

Buh bye. 

P.S. Wave hi to Shuffler and DmonSlyr when you get there.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 08:49:34 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1008 on: March 16, 2020, 08:39:03 AM »
I went to pick up some TP,wanted to be like everyone else but the shelves were empty. So I thought maybe paper towels would do in a pinch but alas there was none,so I call my wife to tell her.She said see if there's any cheese and I was amazed to find plenty,so I bought several pounds then she told me to go to the drug store and find anything they sell over the counter with codeine,again there was plenty so I bought several bottles of different things that contain codeine.

Now when we run out of TP we are going to eat cheese and take the codeine,neither of us will need TP for many weeks.....where there's a will there's a way!

Besides I have plenty of vinegar and several sponges,1 million Romans cant be wrong.

:salute

PS: I guess I'm just not that smart,I heard corona was like a cold,not sure where everyone is going to get diarrhea from this,so why do you need all that TP.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1009 on: March 16, 2020, 08:43:53 AM »
Now when we run out of TP we are going to eat cheese and take the codeine,neither of us will need TP for many weeks.....where there's a will there's a way!

You're gonna blow up like Mr. Creosote.  :rofl

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #1010 on: March 16, 2020, 08:51:53 AM »
The normal flu for which we have vaccines and herd immunity affects 3-11% of the population each year.

If we end up with 30% of the population infected at 1% CFR that's 1,000,000.

So far our infection rate is .00001. This is probably the earliest response we've ever had to an epidemic.

The numbers we end up with depend on the choices people make.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1011 on: March 16, 2020, 09:18:04 AM »
Perhaps.  Since you are an obnoxious troll, I'm not putting too much effort into reading your posts.

Frankly, your signal to noise ratio is to low to bother with.  Welcome to the Ignore List.

Buh bye. 

P.S. Wave hi to Shuffler and DmonSlyr when you get there.

Such a grandstanding clown.

Typical of leftest morons today.

I don't believe anything this guy says. All he promotes is MSM fear.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1012 on: March 16, 2020, 09:24:58 AM »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1013 on: March 16, 2020, 09:30:47 AM »
Sign at bowling alley:

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1014 on: March 16, 2020, 09:36:17 AM »
The normal flu for which we have vaccines and herd immunity affects 3-11% of the population each year.

Common Flu has a R0 of 1.3.  CoronaVirus is conservatively estimated at 2.2.  I'm seen scarier estimates around 4.  But 2.2 is what I'm using for now.

Some experts believe that between now and when we get a vaccine 1.5-2 yr from now, we can expect 40-70% of the population to have contracted the disease.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-infection-outbreak-worldwide-virus-expert-warning-today-2020-03-02/

So far our infection rate is .00001.

But of course, that number is almost complete invalid because we've done minuscule amounts of testing.  The tests are just now getting distributed.  There will soon be drive-thru testing stations set up in major population centers.  Expect the identified infected rate to skyrocket over the next month.

The numbers we end up with depend on the choices people make.

To some extent.
Except for all the people who have already been exposed before they were warned about the threat.
Except for all the people who still had to show up for work and school until they started closing.
Except for all the people who had it brought home by family members.

Still, everything you can do helps bend that curve a little, but I don't see how we realistically don't get to 50% infection rate over the next year.

I'm guessing our CFR will be closer to 2%.  The two co-morbidity factors that are starting to jump out are age over 50 and (oddly)obesity.  Comparing Fried Chicken-Eating Boomer America to S. Korea, I'm expecting worse outcomes.  But not as bad as chain-smoking China.  ;)

So yeah, do the math from there.

Offline Firetech

• Copper Member
« Reply #1015 on: March 16, 2020, 09:42:34 AM »
Rest easy CptTrips.. now the parrots will believe it. It was said on the only network that tells only the truth, designed the scare the crap out of old white people. 

Surgeon General: Americans should follow federal guidelines

The United States will end up with as high a mortality rate from the coronavirus as Italy without an aggressive response that includes Americans following the federal government’s guidance, Surgeon General Jerome Adams said on “Fox & Friends” Monday.“When you look at the projections, there's every chance that we could be Italy,” Adams said.
“But there's every hope that we will be South Korea if people actually listen, if people actually social distance, if people do the basic public health measures that we've all been talking about as doctors all along, such as washing your hands, such as covering your cough, and cleaning surfaces.”

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1016 on: March 16, 2020, 09:48:16 AM »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1017 on: March 16, 2020, 09:59:14 AM »
The real and lasting damage will not be medical...

It will be economic

IMHO the bigger issue is ... are we going to be in a depression by the time this flu runs its course???

With the feds move to zero interest,  pumping of empty $$$ into the system from everyone signals to me there is a much nastier issue on the horizon

This is why along with toilet paper, gun dealers are having a selling boom

Be sure to have cash on hand if the banks get into trouble...which seems to be the way they are headed

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1018 on: March 16, 2020, 10:05:39 AM »
This event will cause USA to giving more focus on manufacturing and not having to depend on any other countries for our basic needs.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1019 on: March 16, 2020, 10:47:23 AM »
This event will cause USA to giving more focus on manufacturing and not having to depend on any other countries for our basic needs.

wish it was that easy.  once it's over we'll just go back to China and other countries.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.