Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 126174 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #1110 on: March 17, 2020, 02:01:36 PM »
I said before, to save lives you are going to have to shut everything down.  For over a year.

How you do that, I don't know.  But opening things back up is a function of how many people you are willing to let die to keep the economic engine limping along.

The study concludes that the suppression strategy will likely lead to the disease quickly spreading again once these measures are lifted, and that such measures will be needed periodically until a vaccine is found. It says: "The major challenge of suppression is that this type of intensive intervention package -- or something equivalently effective at reducing transmission -- will need to be maintained until a vaccine becomes available (potentially 18 months or more) -- given that we predict that transmission will quickly rebound if interventions are relaxed."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/17/health/coronavirus-uk-model-study/index.html

Don't let anyone tell you it's over and there is no more danger until you gotten a vaccine shot.  However long that takes, keep your guard up.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 02:17:05 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1111 on: March 17, 2020, 02:09:14 PM »
There have already been thousands removed from positions Including CEOs. Hundreds have been removed from government positions. Many are being arrested already.

Just look at Lockeed Martin and Bill Gates stepping down, disney ceo last week. And many many many more. The #s of CEOs resigning in the last year have been higher than ever before.

The military tribunals are next..

ceos get removed quite often. it didn't just happened in past year.  truth is you have no proof and the more you talk it becomes more evident that you are the only one being indoctrinated.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #1112 on: March 17, 2020, 02:21:39 PM »
... That is why we are all here on these forums isn't it, for Aces High afterall.

So please do us all a favor and stop the political crap.

I understand it affects various aspects of our lives but it doesn't belong here and it doesn't change anyone's opinion.

There's more than enough hate in the community already without politics.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #1113 on: March 17, 2020, 02:42:03 PM »
Amazon just announced they're prioritizing products in these categories to help people during the epidemic. Maybe TP will be available again.

Baby Products
Health & Household
Beauty & Personal Care (including personal care appliances)
Grocery
Industrial & Scientific
Pet Supplies

It's nice to see private industry step up, like Walmart, CVS, and others setting up drive thru testing. Walmart also started a low cost health service last September which should help reduce hospital visits for minor issues.

Offline Firetech

• Copper Member
« Reply #1114 on: March 17, 2020, 02:54:23 PM »
Heads up CptTrips. Just saw this.

“ NEW: Three of Dallas County’s new confirmed #Covid19 cases are currently hospitalized in critical condition. And two of those are young: one in their 20’s, another in their 30’s. The third critical patient is in their 60’s. No underlying health conditions.
#WFAA #Coronavirus”

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #1115 on: March 17, 2020, 02:57:44 PM »
Yep, it might be that chloroquine (cheap and plentiful) helps against SARS-2 infections.  Chloroquine is a quinine-like antimalarial medication that's been around since the 1940's and used a lot.

The other medication supposedly having inhibitive effects is the antiviral drug remdesivir.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41422-020-0282-0

Researchers tested various medications and found remdesivir and chloroquine to be effective at low toxicity levels.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1116 on: March 17, 2020, 03:07:28 PM »
Heads up CptTrips. Just saw this.

“ NEW: Three of Dallas County’s new confirmed #Covid19 cases are currently hospitalized in critical condition. And two of those are young: one in their 20’s, another in their 30’s. The third critical patient is in their 60’s. No underlying health conditions.
#WFAA #Coronavirus”

Thanks for the heads up.

I guarantee you there are hundreds in the metroplex.  We just don't know it yet because there hasn't been testing.  Some may be spreading with little or no symptoms.

:salute

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #1118 on: March 17, 2020, 03:20:22 PM »
I said before, to save lives you are going to have to shut everything down.  For over a year.

How you do that, I don't know.  But opening things back up is a function of how many people you are willing to let die to keep the economic engine limping along.

You can't shut everything down, even briefly, without killing millions of people. That's why the strategy is flattening the infection curve to avoid over-whelming the hospitals. China screwed the world by not announcing this in November.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #1119 on: March 17, 2020, 03:27:20 PM »
Good thing we have real journalism and freedom of the press to expose fraud and corruption. Thank God for our constitution that we dont have to put up with the WHO paid bureaucrats clowns promoting hysteria while never really doing anything to actually help anyone. Just another slush fund they are trying to rob Americams for.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/exclusive-evidence-shows-director-general-of-world-health-organization-severely-overstated-the-fatality-rate-of-the-coronavirus-leading-to-the-greatest-global-panic-in-history/
Can you ever back anything you say with ANYTHING other than worthless conspiracy sources? Who the hell is "the gatewaypundit"?
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1120 on: March 17, 2020, 04:00:27 PM »
You can't shut everything down,

Never say never.

You might be amazed at what happens if US deaths reach 1000 a day. 

That exceeds the systems design specs.  I'm not sure what happens in that test case.

BTW, NYC is considering "Shelter in Place".  I'm not sure how that works. Does that mean you can't go out at all?  Will they have National Guard in hazmat suits leaving boxes of MRE at your door?

At some point I could see all major population centers following suit.  It just depends on how bad things get.  Please maintain sufficient provisions to handle extended isolation if you are required to or desire to.

:pray

« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 04:10:01 PM by CptTrips »

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1121 on: March 17, 2020, 04:19:01 PM »
Yep, it might be that chloroquine (cheap and plentiful) helps against SARS-2 infections.  Chloroquine is a quinine-like antimalarial medication that's been around since the 1940's and used a lot.

Researchers tested various medications and found remdesivir and chloroquine to be effective at low toxicity levels.
All you Nam vets should remember your medics making you choke down your salt and malaria pill (Chloroquine) every day in the 60's.  The later pill was a stronger variant and was once a week. 

Just gave most a little nausea and GI issues though which were a bummer in the field where TP from the c-rats ran out real fast.
Ground Pounders ...

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #1122 on: March 17, 2020, 04:40:24 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/17/health/coronavirus-uk-model-study/index.html

Don't let anyone tell you it's over and there is no more danger until you gotten a vaccine shot.  However long that takes, keep your guard up.

I watched some of the UK news conferences on SkyNews and I keep wondering if the UK government is actually carrying out some sort of national cull/eugenics program by keeping pubs and schools open while trying to achieve some sort of national herd immunity (their term, not mine).  As one virologist pointed out - herd immunity is a by-product - not a strategy.

=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #1123 on: March 17, 2020, 04:40:57 PM »
There's an article in the journal Science that suggests only 1 in 7 cases are severe enough to seek treatment and get counted. That would mean 40,000 currently infected with a CFR of .2%.

There's also a theory that the virus has been here at least since October because there were a lot of flu like illnesses that did not test positive for flu. That would mean a lot of people with mild symptoms have already had it and spread it. https://medium.com/@justin_hart/has-cornavirus-been-here-all-along-13b414a3bea6

My younger brother and his wife both teach nursing and he still works in ERs. He mentioned a few months ago that he was swabbing a lot of respiratory infections for testing, of course there was no COVID-19 test at that time.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 04:53:20 PM by FLS »

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #1124 on: March 17, 2020, 04:55:51 PM »
Thank God there is only 3 more and it's over.

(Furtive glance at Shuffler, DmonSlyr, and Drediock....)

U.S. coronavirus death toll reaches 100

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/us-coronavirus-death-toll-reaches-100/2020/03/17/f8d770c2-67a8-11ea-b313-df458622c2cc_story.html

=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate