Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 126180 times)

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #1245 on: March 18, 2020, 06:08:01 PM »
I nominated you for political hall monitor not political leg humper.  :D

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00154-w

Wow I thought we were done, here you go and spoil it and pull out a line as old as the hills and even used in the AW forums.  Say it ain't so!!

Hungry
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1246 on: March 18, 2020, 06:09:24 PM »
We can bail out Goldman Sachs but we can't save the last North American manufacturer of airliners?
There really is a reason so many airline pilots (like me) refused to fly Airbus airplanes in favor of Boeings. But between this crisis and the Ethiopian 737 fiasco, I kinda figure a great American company is toast.

I hope not. Perhaps the management needs updating but the product doesn't and the employees don't need to pay the price, either. Bail `em out but with enforceable strings.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1247 on: March 18, 2020, 06:10:56 PM »
Wow I thought we were done, here you go and spoil it and pull out a line as old as the hills and even used in the AW forums.  Say it ain't so!!

If you think its me winding up you spring then I suggest more introspection. ;)

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/coronavirus-gov-inslee-places-30-day-moratorium-evictions-case-numbers-increase/XIDPHMLVOJAAREQ5YCL75367PU/

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1248 on: March 18, 2020, 06:12:28 PM »
If you think its me winding up you spring then I suggest more introspection. ;)

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/coronavirus-gov-inslee-places-30-day-moratorium-evictions-case-numbers-increase/XIDPHMLVOJAAREQ5YCL75367PU/

Change of tactics? you just cant stop yourself?

Hungry

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1249 on: March 18, 2020, 06:14:55 PM »
We can bail out Goldman Sachs but we can't save the last North American manufacturer of airliners?

You don't think they should first have to sell some of the billions in stock buybacks they purchased to pump up their share values so executives could cash out stock options at top dollar?

Don't corporations sell stock to raise capital?  They don't even have to issue new stock.  Just sell back the shares they bought back. 

Boeing has almost as much in share buybacks as they want to government to give them.  Does that seem right?

https://wolfstreet.com/2020/03/17/after-blowing-4-5-trillion-on-share-buybacks-corporate-america-airlines-boeing-other-culprits-want-taxpayer-fed-bailouts-for-these-shareholders/
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 06:17:58 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #1250 on: March 18, 2020, 06:15:02 PM »
To Hungry and Arlo, I hope I speak for others when I ask you guys to drop the Republican vs Democrat crap.

Its science that's going to solve this world crisis and before they do, a whole lot more human beings are going to die. The job of the politicians is to make sure those scientists aren't constricted by a lack of resources or an abundance of bias.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #1251 on: March 18, 2020, 06:20:46 PM »
You don't think they should first have to sell some of the billions in stock buybacks they purchased to pump up their share values so executives could cash out stock options at top dollar?

Don't corporations sell stock to raise capital?  They don't even have to issue new stock.  Just sell back the shares they bought back. 

Boeing has almost as much in share buybacks as they want to government to give them.  Does that seem right?

Frankly when the world is facing a medical crisis as potentially significant as this one, I don't give a flying f*** how Boeing raises money. But with this situation, the world's airlines will be decimated and I would prefer that the fleet that emerges from the wreckage wasn't totally Airbus.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1252 on: March 18, 2020, 06:22:37 PM »
To Hungry and Arlo, I hope I speak for others when I ask you guys to drop the Republican vs Democrat crap.

Its science that's going to solve this world crisis and before they do, a whole lot more human beings are going to die. The job of the politicians is to make sure those scientists aren't constricted by a lack of resources or an abundance of bias.

Gladly, but unfortunately I don't think politics is done in this thread even without me

Hungry

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1253 on: March 18, 2020, 06:24:31 PM »
Frankly when the world is facing a medical crisis as potentially significant as this one, I don't give a flying f*** how Boeing raises money. But with this situation, the world's airlines will be decimated and I would prefer that the fleet that emerges from the wreckage wasn't totally Airbus.

Then they can sell their buyback share and raise enough capital to weather the storm.  You know, like capitalism is supposed to work. 

If they've sold off all their buybacks and still need a little help, then we help them a little more. 

Problem solved.

We've gotten into a perverse habit nowadays where corporations are convinced that their profits are private, but losses needs to be shifted to the public balance sheet.  And moral hazard is only for the little guy who didn't build a big enough 401k.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 06:29:15 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1254 on: March 18, 2020, 06:31:14 PM »
"People with blood type A might be more vulnerable to the coronavirus, while those with type O blood could be more resistant, according to a new preliminary study from China. Researchers studying COVID-19 in its outbreak epicenter, Wuhan, and the city of Shenzhen found the proportion of Type-A patients both infected and killed by the disease to be “significantly” higher than those with the same blood type in the general public.
Type O patients, meanwhile, made up a smaller proportion of both those infected and killed by the virus"

If its true I wonder why this would be, they don't say in the article.  I wonder if US or other countries data would support this info

Geez what blood type am I

Hungry

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1255 on: March 18, 2020, 07:26:17 PM »
You shoulda got you one to fight for Trump online when you received your huge dividend from all the winning this tax season.

(P.S. There are free ones.)

Americans stand up for Trump because he stands up for them. Simple as that. No pictures needed for that. Easy to see who dislikes Americans and the US.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1256 on: March 18, 2020, 07:44:12 PM »
I'm an American.  i don't stand with him shuffler.  and no i don't hate Americans or our nation. just disagree with you.

so you are wrong when saying stand up for this or that or you hate our country.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1257 on: March 18, 2020, 07:48:28 PM »
Americans stand up for Trump because he stands up for them. Simple as that. No pictures needed for that. Easy to see who dislikes Americans and the US.

At the risk of chastisement for engaging you on this I wish to remind you that I am an American that served this country and love it dearly. Your blind and reckless accusation doesn't serve you, whether it's inferring that my (or anyone's) good nature, loyalty, compassion or patriotism doesn't exist merely because you love Mr. Trump the way you do. Those that love their country tend to love it more than that.

That being said, I still think you're better (or capable of being) than this.

Now, it's been noted that the political deviation going on in this thread is not universally appreciated. Here is the opportunity for another Mulligan for all.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/17/coronavirus-could-be-saving-lives-pollution-carbon-emissions/5066718002/

:cheers:

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #1258 on: March 18, 2020, 07:52:36 PM »

Shuffler and Guncrasher. Could you please read the request I posted to Hungry and Arlo. We're all facing a world crisis and it's way beyond the time that all people of all nations should be pulling in the same direction.

Offline Firetech

• Copper Member
« Reply #1259 on: March 18, 2020, 07:53:42 PM »

What a nice sweet ignorant statement. I see you are just a few more steps away from posting some Q crap saying you are in the know of more things that are coming. 

It's funny how your version of being American is by stating that if you don't agree with a reality tv hotel manager idiot who managed to become an impeached clown, then you're not American. The part you're missing is we (as Americans) have the right and the duty to stand up to and against threats against in America. So if you stating America as a whole (and majority rules), America does not support the impeached circus clown.

Just to stay on topic. CDC now saying 20-44 year olds are at much more danger then previously thought. While their death rate is still low, the life long damage due to the "hoax" (wait that was 2 long weeks ago) I mean COVID019 (wait that was yesterday), I mean China Virus.

The child like clown in charge is a proving yet again that if he says something and Tweets something enough his parrots will repeat it back.