Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 126197 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #1380 on: March 20, 2020, 04:26:25 PM »
While the article makes some good points I'm taking it with a grain o salt,

The writer

"Tim Miller is a contributor to The Bulwark and a communications consultant. He previously served as senior advisor to the anti-Trump Our Principles PAC, communications director for Jeb Bush, and spokesman for the Republican National Committee"

Taken from the Bullworks own "about us" page, not exactly what I would call balanced / impartial writing

Hungry

Damn your fast. :D

Yeah, at least they are honest about it.  Full disclosure.

But it is what it is.  The facts don't change because you don't like who's saying it.

Basically, it stinks to high heaven, isn't the first time, and there needs to be thorough investigation.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1381 on: March 20, 2020, 04:30:31 PM »
Oh nevermind.

If we live though this, we can hang them later. ;)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 04:33:54 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1382 on: March 20, 2020, 04:43:56 PM »

Yeah, at least they are honest about it.  Full disclosure.

But it is what it is.  The facts don't change because you don't like who's saying it.

I agree with you on the crime and punishment, but like Joe Friday said so eloquently "Just the Facts Maam" why cant they stick to the facts and leave the personal opinions out of it.

Ill Gov Pritzker (more proof billionaires can buy elections) and Chicago Mayor Lightfoot just gave a next steps press conference shutting down the state, thing is they just couldn't help themselves they just had to get those digs in on the Federal Govt, really couldn't just leave it out for now in a time of crisis

Hungry
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1383 on: March 20, 2020, 04:55:22 PM »
I agree with you on the crime and punishment, but like Joe Friday said so eloquently "Just the Facts Maam" why cant they stick to the facts and leave the personal opinions out of it.

I'm just putting a book marker on it.  We have bigger fish to fry at the moment, but I want them put on notice.  It's been recorded.  We will be coming back for you later.  And if any had been profiteering, they better hope the virus gets them between now and then.  But that's for another time. 

At the moment...whoa..if we have 5 million people loose their jobs all in April, I'd start to be worried about civil order.  Stuff could get "real".
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/20/the-upcoming-job-losses-will-be-unlike-anything-the-us-has-ever-seen.html

Dallas is a big food economy.  It's going to get hit hard.  This is becoming sureal.

It might be time to head to the cabin sooner than I thought.  Decisions decisions.  At least it's not cold anymore.

[edit]  I already know 3 friends that have lost jobs.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1384 on: March 20, 2020, 05:05:10 PM »

I'm very sorry to hear that.  :(

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1385 on: March 20, 2020, 05:09:08 PM »
I'm just putting a book marker on it.  We have bigger fish to fry at the moment, but I want them put on notice.  It's been recorded.  We will be coming back for you later.  And if any had been profiteering, they better hope the virus gets them between now and then.  But that's for another time. 

At the moment...whoa..if we have 5 million people loose their jobs all in April, I'd start to be worried about civil order.  Stuff could get "real".
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/20/the-upcoming-job-losses-will-be-unlike-anything-the-us-has-ever-seen.html

Dallas is a big food economy.  It's going to get hit hard.  This is becoming sureal.

It might be time to head to the cabin sooner than I thought.  Decisions decisions.  At least it's not cold anymore.

Just did a quick "World" unemployment numbers search, its everywhere.  Dam, well to be frank, my family which consists of five "sub familys" plus the wife and I,  have our provisions and hardware ready.  The rally point has been picked out, it would take me about an hour to load the RV, fully equipped with a generator, cooking ability and some fresh water, God I pray it never comes to that.

I asked one of the sons how long would it be before we turn from defenders to aggressors, what a lousy thought.

Hungry

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1386 on: March 20, 2020, 05:52:40 PM »
Of all the things we have to worry about here's one more (copy and pasted from the article)

Interpol has announced a huge takedown in 90 countries targeting crooks cashing in on the coronavirus endemic.
Items seized as part of Operation Pangea XIII included 34,000 bogus surgical masks, Interpol said Thursday.
The outbreak of the coronavirus disease has offered an opportunity for fast cash, as criminals take advantage of the high market demand for personal protection and hygiene products, officials said.

“Once again, Operation Pangea shows that criminals will stop at nothing to make a profit,” Interpol Secretary General Jürgen Stock said in a news release. ”The illicit trade in such counterfeit medical items during a public health crisis shows their total disregard for people’s wellbeing, or their lives.”

Storyful reported that there were 121 arrests and seizures included substandard hand sanitizer, unauthorized antiviral medication and potentially dangerous pharmaceuticals worth more than $14 million.

Interpol said the operation had resulted in more than 2,500 web links, including websites, online market places, and social media pages, being shut down, with a similar number in the process of being taken down.

Be careful out there will ya's

Hungry

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1387 on: March 20, 2020, 06:01:22 PM »

Case.  Case.  Cluster.  Cluster.  Boom.

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1388 on: March 20, 2020, 06:07:42 PM »
Just be careful if you're offered any green disks for eating.  Don't ask for their ingredients.  :devil
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1389 on: March 20, 2020, 06:17:14 PM »
Just be careful if you're offered any green disks for eating.  Don't ask for their ingredients.  :devil

You mean these little green discs? lol

"Promise me!, Promise me!, ya gotta tell em!, Soylent Green is People!!!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IKVj4l5GU4

Hungry

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1390 on: March 20, 2020, 06:22:05 PM »
You mean these little green discs? lol

"Promise me!, Promise me!, ya gotta tell em!, Soylent Green is People!!!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IKVj4l5GU4

Hungry

Yeah, but if you remember, it was everyone's favorite flavor.  :t

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1391 on: March 20, 2020, 06:30:38 PM »

Ah hahaha  :cheers:

Hungry

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #1392 on: March 20, 2020, 06:35:40 PM »

:aok

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #1393 on: March 20, 2020, 07:57:37 PM »
Cartoon model predicted 84 deaths as of today in Washington State.

Actual is 83.  (As judged by current reading on:  https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ )

Not good.

But I am hopeful that chloroquine (or failing that, ammonium chloride) is a great treatment for SARS-2 infection.

Cartoon model predicts 32 deaths as of today in Washington State.

Actual number is 37.

Worrying part is if 1 week from now the number is about 84, and 2 weeks from now about 223.  That's a doubling every 5 days.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #1394 on: March 20, 2020, 08:02:42 PM »
We live in interesting times.