Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 126194 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #1395 on: March 20, 2020, 08:29:18 PM »
But I am hopeful that chloroquine (or failing that, ammonium chloride) is a great treatment for SARS-2 infection.

I keep hoping smart people will find some pharma to help up hold the line until the vaccine cavalry can arrive.

However, I haven't seen anything yet that would be as effective as draconian isolation.  It can really have an amazing effect.  But you have to go all out.  Total commitment.

Skip to 13:44

That's the biggest level we have to alter the outcome until we get a vaccine.

How can we do that?  Shut it down.  Shut everything down by National Emergency decree.  All bills, all loan payments, all mortgages are suspended.  Monthly cash payments to all Americans.  If you are not police, fire, medical.  Total lock down.  Whatever it costs.  We'll worry about that later. 

Otherwise we are looking at something like Italy 5X.  Potentially millions.  The failure to grasp the scale of this could have staggering repercussions.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1397 on: March 20, 2020, 10:10:44 PM »
I already know 3 friends that have lost jobs.

Just to keep some balance, please recognize that it is not easy being an employer when there is no income.

- oldman

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1398 on: March 20, 2020, 10:27:17 PM »

Just to keep some balance, please recognize that it is not easy being an employer when there is no income.

- oldman

Well, sure.  I think all reasonable people understand that.

What I would like to see if I were king, in addition to the National Emergency Lock-Down Decree I mentioned above, a emergency furlough system where companies receive Federal assistance to keep their employees and receive money to distribute to them as a furlough stipend.  That would make it easier on everyone to stay locked down to save lives while maintaining a connection between employers and employees so that when this is over there has been less disruption and companies can more easily spool back up their operations having maintained their employees so they don't have to go through the addition disruption of having to new hire and train an entire replacement workforce.

Yes, that would be massively expensive and lead to massive national debt.  But this it the Big One.  This is where we should pull out all stops and worry about the bill later.

We try and play it cheap, and we'll be picking through the rubble for a decade.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1399 on: March 20, 2020, 10:42:52 PM »
Well, sure.  I think all reasonable people understand that.

What I would like to see if I were king, in addition to the National Emergency Lock-Down Decree I mentioned above, a emergency furlough system where companies receive Federal assistance to keep their employees and receive money to distribute to them as a furlough stipend.  That would make it easier on everyone to stay locked down to save lives while maintaining a connection between employers and employees so that when this is over there has been less disruption and companies can more easily spool back up their operations having maintained their employees so they don't have to go through the addition disruption of having to new hire and train an entire replacement workforce.

Yes, that would be massively expensive and lead to massive national debt.  But this it the Big One.  This is where we should pull out all stops and worry about the bill later.

We try and play it cheap, and we'll be picking through the rubble for a decade.

remember when once upon a time companies used bail out money to buy back their stock.

i would rather have unemployment give a higher percentage to laid off workers and just help employers with rent or other to keep them from closing permanently.

i have no trust due to personal experience that employers have employees in mind.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1400 on: March 20, 2020, 10:48:24 PM »
remember when once upon a time companies used bail out money to buy back their stock.

i would rather have unemployment give a higher percentage to laid off workers and just help employers with rent or other to keep them from closing permanently.

i have no trust due to personal experience that employers have employees in mind.

Yes, well that is easy enough to stipulate in the decree.  Any company that doesn't want to agree to that can decline the assistance.  There would also have to be some limit to executive pay to some reasonable multiple of the average employee pay.

You could just do it through unemployment, but keeping employers and their employees relationships intact  would make recovery so much less difficult.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1401 on: March 21, 2020, 12:19:57 AM »

Yes, well that is easy enough to stipulate in the decree.  Any company that doesn't want to agree to that can decline the assistance.  There would also have to be some limit to executive pay to some reasonable multiple of the average employee pay.

You could just do it through unemployment, but keeping employers and their employees relationships intact  would make recovery so much less difficult.

it's not personal, it's just business.

ever read this on employee book.  company and employee can terminate contract at any time with or without reason.  company expects 2 weeks notice.

last job i worked i got hurt.  several months later i was told i needed surgery by 3 different doctors company sent me to.   i had a meeting with safety department and i was assured i would get the surgery i needed ti get back to work.  2 days later i was in a meeting with those two guys and hr telling me they could not accommodate my disability. 

so how much trust do i have in company/ evoke l evoke l employee relations? none.  years 25 years ago i could not hire employees with a good employment record because they were over 30. they prefered new college graduates who didn't know crap.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1402 on: March 21, 2020, 05:56:25 AM »
could not hire employees with a good employment record because they were over 30. they prefered new college graduates who didn't know crap.

semp

That one is easy:  Why pay someone who knows what they are doing $30 an hr when they can hire "wet behind the ears" for $10 an hr?
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1403 on: March 21, 2020, 09:36:53 AM »
Current scoreboard.

Most you find are not really live but rather old.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #1404 on: March 21, 2020, 09:43:05 AM »
How do they get live information? Don't they just get what's reported as each country updates?

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1405 on: March 21, 2020, 10:19:55 AM »
Yes, someone went to great lengths to make the available data easy to read.

I prefer this to importing data into a relational database myself.

I lost my patience in the 90s when I was busy migrating data from foxpro to access.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1406 on: March 21, 2020, 10:37:43 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/19/politics/richard-burr-coronavirus-comments/index.html

Oh I'm sure these goobers did not technically break any law (at least not so it can be proven).  They have very well paid lawyers that instruct them exactly how to skate along the edge.  And they are in a convenient position to vote against any laws that might keep them from doing this stuff.

And it's impossible to prove he didn't sell based on what he saw on CNBC rather than what he saw in he top secret security briefings.  Yeah, it doesn't pass the smell test, but it is not what you know, it is what you can prove.

Justice won't come from an indictment, or censure.  It'll come from shining a light on the cockroaches with Congressional investigations in the House, media.  Public shaming is all you're going to get, but they still get to retire with their millions.

How are your retirement investments going?  :O

There shall be a reckoning.  Obviously the House and Senate can't be trusted to investigate themselves on this one.  They are all in on it of friends of theirs are.
I guess this is where you bring in the FBI. 

I'm and Independent.  I'm not on either "team". I'm happy to see profiteers on either party nailed to the wall.  No mercy.

And much as some of you hate the MSM, this is why the Founding Fathers wanted a free press.  They may be annoying, but they root stuff out and expose it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/21/coronavirus-trading-house-senate-140260

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1407 on: March 21, 2020, 11:28:51 AM »
How do they get live information? Don't they just get what's reported as each country updates?

Ive been referring to this one

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Data sources: WHO, CDC, ECDC, NHC, DXY, 1point3acres, Worldometers.info, BNO, state and national government health department, and local media reports.

Hungry
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1408 on: March 21, 2020, 11:34:14 AM »
Ive been referring to this one

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Data sources: WHO, CDC, ECDC, NHC, DXY, 1point3acres, Worldometers.info, BNO, state and national government health department, and local media reports.

Hungry

Not sure what to make of Mexico, very low numbers, they either don't have the resources to test and report, fewer large population centers, travel to Mexico is less to a degree that they aren't getting exposed to it as a country like Italy would?

Any thoughts?

Hungry

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1409 on: March 21, 2020, 11:45:12 AM »