Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 126181 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #1755 on: March 29, 2020, 10:17:46 PM »
Of course not.  And neither would Austrians.

There is a difference between an event outside of economics that you need to respond to (like a war or an epidemic)

Awesome.  Then we are in agreement.

Some money is needed to deal with SARS-2.  But of $4 trillion, only a smaller portion is going to be used for SARS-2.  Most of it will go to companies that have problems because, long before there was SARS-CoV-2, they packed themselves to the gills with bad debt.

The mission at hand is to get through the next 18 months without our civilization ending up in a pile of rubble.  If we have to prop up some zombie companies until we get through this, I'll accept that.  If we have to do that so the populace will tolerate months more of extreme quarantine so we can save hundreds of thousands of lives, I'll accept that.

As soon as we get a vaccine, by all means, legislate changes to how we allow companies to operate in this country.  I'll sign your petition.  But at the moment, I see no sense in committing an economic suicide-bombing  just to prove a point.   

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #1756 on: March 30, 2020, 12:53:31 AM »
As soon as we get a vaccine, by all means, legislate changes to how we allow companies to operate in this country.  I'll sign your petition.

I'm in favor of less market manipulation, not more.  I'm for free markets; no bailouts (bailouts are the opposite of free markets); no market manipulation by the Fed.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1757 on: March 30, 2020, 05:44:53 AM »
You are talking like it WILL be over. It is another flu. It may stay and we live with it.

The spike will be over at some point and it will become as common as the flu once everybody has built up immunity from either a vaccine or having had it.

It's the huge spike in cases that does the damage..........not the trickle we get from the flu.

It's because coronavirus is new.

I knew how this would go back in january and it's now starting to explode.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1758 on: March 30, 2020, 05:51:43 AM »
I have no idea if any Doctors or Nurses play our game... or maybe you have one of these professionals in your life. But in the same way we thank Military Service men and women for their service, it's time that we all pay tribute to the medical experts for their courage and dedication.

My fiance is a nurse testing specializing in testing for coronavirus. 

I studied molecular biology and aviation in college and worked a level 3 containment on projects overseen by Robert Gallo.    I've also self studied epidemiology pretty heavily since 1994.

It was obvious this would happen from how it initially spread that it was not containable.   

The sad part is the moronic behavior and denial that helped propagate the virus.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1759 on: March 30, 2020, 06:02:47 AM »
Once the they stop eating bats, it'll be wiped away from human populations. So rest assured.  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1760 on: March 30, 2020, 07:22:42 AM »
Once the they stop eating bats, it'll be wiped away from human populations. So rest assured.  :old:

as if we don't eat weird stuff.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1761 on: March 30, 2020, 08:36:23 AM »

It was obvious this would happen from how it initially spread that it was not containable.   

The sad part is the moronic behavior and denial that helped propagate the virus.

Exactly..
Anyone with common sense, (if they were paying attention), could see this comin..
Asymptomatic spread for up to 24 days, was all I needed to see..

Did ya see the vids of the Mega Church attendance yesterday???
That is exactly what happened in Korea, a week later they had a massive spike in cases..
That just happened again, all over America..

This, is why I am short on optimism..
People just won't take it seriously, until they see it in person..

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1762 on: March 30, 2020, 08:50:25 AM »
You talk of the daily loss of lives in car accidents to downplay the lives lost, so far, to the corona virus. A car ran through our apartment a week and a half ago (thankfully no one was hurt). None of us had to be inoculated against 'car wreck' and the odds of any of us catching 'car wreck' as a result of that accident is slim .... because a car wreck is an accident and not a highly contagious and deadly disease. (Edited out the unnecessary last bit .... well, and first bit. After all, we're all in this together.)  :cheers:

I do not downplay deaths. I just do not dream and hope for mass deaths like some seem to in this thread. I would rather be realistic.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1763 on: March 30, 2020, 08:52:09 AM »
The spike will be over at some point and it will become as common as the flu once everybody has built up immunity from either a vaccine or having had it.

It's the huge spike in cases that does the damage..........not the trickle we get from the flu.

It's because coronavirus is new.

I knew how this would go back in january and it's now starting to explode.
Agreed as it does every time.... swine flu and such.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1764 on: March 30, 2020, 09:16:06 AM »

They are still eating bats today. Those markets are the grossest thing youd ever see. Amazing sickness doesnt come out of there every week. That's why its sorta weird to me for this virus to just magically show up one day next to a level 4 bio lab.. just sayin.

My fiance is a nurse testing specializing in testing for coronavirus. 

I studied molecular biology and aviation in college and worked a level 3 containment on projects overseen by Robert Gallo.    I've also self studied epidemiology pretty heavily since 1994.

It would have been contained in China if they had immediately shut down all airports right after the first case.  They did not. China didnt even think it was bad for a week. Americans arrested over 350 chinese nationals trying to cross the American border a couple of weeks ago. How did they get there? Now did the person who brought it first to America not get screened in China? How did it get into a nursing home? How did it spread from there? Next thing we know cases pop up in Sanfran and then all the way in New York? Why are there such small amounts of cases in middle states? For what it's worth, videos that were taken in china do not match up to cases in America for how quickly it spread in China. China was done in less than a month. How is that so?

They've still got the public buses and trams going here in Oregon. Why is that? Seems like a great way to spread it.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 09:20:40 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #1765 on: March 30, 2020, 09:43:36 AM »
as if we don't eat weird stuff.

semp

People can't catch the virus from eating it. The Ph of stomach acid would destroy it. Amazing to me that when obesity is a major killer in America, that we would see fit to criticize another culture for their choice of diet.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1766 on: March 30, 2020, 10:44:51 AM »
I'm in favor of less market manipulation, not more.  I'm for free markets; no bailouts (bailouts are the opposite of free markets); no market manipulation by the Fed.

So am I.  But as you said, this is a unique external emergency, not a normal Free-Market force.  The task at hand for the next 18 months, is survival.

If we have to use market manipulation, then I'm fine with that.
If we have to use bailouts, then I'm fine with that.
If we have to use Fed money printing, then I'm fine with that.
Like WWII, we need to throw the kitchen sink at thing thing and anything goes.  Whatever it takes.

After this is over we should reform a lot of stuff.  But for the moment, it is a time for practical common-sense not ideological Wahhabism.

:salute

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1767 on: March 30, 2020, 11:04:59 AM »
After this is over we should reform a lot of stuff.  But for the moment, it is a time for practical common-sense not ideological Wahhabism.

Here is an example of why I am willing to hold my nose and use every trick in the bag to get through this.  This is not just the normal business cycle.  We are staring into the abyss.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/30/coronavirus-job-losses-could-total-47-million-unemployment-rate-of-32percent-fed-says.html

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 11:16:11 AM by CptTrips »

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1768 on: March 30, 2020, 11:26:04 AM »
Just as many do every flu season.

Not sure what this is supposed to mean Shuff? Stand 12 ft away or wash your hands and face?

I was just trying to inject some humour.Oh and I was wrong before,not everyone pays a little some dont pay a thing but still get the healthcare they deserve.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1769 on: March 30, 2020, 11:29:35 AM »
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/cbs-news-caught-using-footage-from-an-italian-hospital-to-describe-conditions-in-new-york-city-video/

They should be punished for this kind of negligent reporting.

https://mobile.twitter.com/punish4q/status/1243984010126254080

Interesting about who Trump said was going on these medical ships. "For other reasons other than that"...

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion