Author Topic: TE, Clipboard MAP, Other questions  (Read 619 times)

Offline Hamish

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
TE, Clipboard MAP, Other questions
« on: August 11, 2000, 06:47:00 PM »
First, thanks AKWabbit, your BMP converter ended many hours of frustration trying to get a terrain file to work. I think Ogre's was overloading my poor cpu heheh. I tried 3 different times using terrains using the S&D mapmaker, but everytime i went to use it in H2H, i got dumped to desktop right after the login/pword screen. (i don't know if this is an overload of my system or what) but when i used AKWabbits terrain converter and his test map, it worked fine and i flew a bit.
Yay! Now, i've got the hang of making the terrain and placing the objects, on to the clipboard map. I have a 512x512 version of my map, but have no idea how to accurately cut it into quadrants for the individual sectors. Am i misinterpreting how this is done? or does anyone know of any good programs that will let you split bmp's into halves/quarters? or am i being to exact and just use the MK 1. Eyeball to cut it up? Any help would be greatly appreciated, i got a map of okinawa itching for me to finish  
Oh, my other question, after i import a terrain from AKWabbits tool, or the S&D tool, is there any way to see what the elevation of a vertice is? (real world maps are not always cooperative in making "flat" sectors for airfield/factory etc. placement) Or again should i MK 1. Eyeball it?  
Thanks in advance!

------------------
Hamish!

<===<The ASSASSINS>===>

[This message has been edited by Hamish (edited 08-11-2000).]

Offline LuckyDay

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dailyplanetmusic.com
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2000, 07:05:00 PM »
Macromedia's Fireworks can easily do what you need with its slice tool.  You can download a 30-day free demo at macromedia.com, I think the program is $199 or so.  It is the best I have seen for optimizing images for the web, as far as adaptive palletes for gifs and jpeg compression that retains excellent image quality even at high compression levels.  Not that you need that for bmps, but it works with those files too.  

Seems like I work for them I guess; well, I don't, but this is one of the best products I have used.  Call me a cheerleader...

------------------
LuckyDay
"What're you going to do, bleed on me?"

Offline Hamish

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2000, 09:42:00 PM »
Thanks Lucky, It worked great, neat program when ya figure it out   I been playing around with it all day. Got another prob now tho hehe, know anyone who can e-mail me the .obg files for the med airfields? (feeling real dumb here..) I accidently deleted the groups  

Hamish!

RDRedwing

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2000, 02:32:00 AM »
You've got mail hamish  

And you're not the only one who deleted some of those object groups...  

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2000, 08:18:00 AM »
Go into the editor, and enter Terrain editing mode.

Now place your crosshair on any grid edge or center vertice.

Now look at the upper right control panel. It will tell you the X,Y, and Z value of that vertice. Of course you can only edit the Z value.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure
"Real Men fly Radials, Nancy Boys fly Spitfires"