Author Topic: British independence day  (Read 6383 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: British independence day
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2020, 08:50:42 PM »
Poor Soviets can't handle and debate real research so they scream and cry to get the thread closed. Typical.

Again, congratulations Britian. Thank you for putting bureaucrat sellouts in their place. We look forward to doing business with you.  :salute

:bolt:
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2020, 09:04:44 PM »
Poor Soviets can't handle and debate real research so they scream and cry to get the thread closed. Typical.

Again, congratulations Britian. Thank you for putting bureaucrat sellouts in their place. We look forward to doing business with you.  :salute

:bolt:

Sorry to tell you, you do not debate, you berate.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2020, 09:06:58 PM »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2020, 09:19:19 PM »
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2020, 10:27:43 PM »
Time to check back in on this one...

Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2020, 11:37:02 PM »
All I see y'all doing is making fun of violator every time he says anything...pretty sad
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2020, 12:34:47 AM »
All I see y'all doing is making fun of violator every time he says anything...pretty sad

Not 'anything.' They're making fun of some specific things he says then he keeps ratcheting the crazy up another notch and that gets even more laughs, ya okie. ;)

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2020, 04:10:37 AM »
This thread has obviously gone:

(Image removed from quote.)

I don’t know why but that made me laugh hard  :rofl
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2020, 07:52:33 AM »
This has been quite the educational thread.. :aok

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2020, 08:17:24 AM »
lol violator, thousands of years of national identity and culture? we talking about Europe? dang, didn't know the countries of Europe have been independent of each other that long.

satanic forces are coming, satanic forces are coming.  i bet you even believe Paul revere went up and down by himself screaming at the top of his lungs.

semp

He's not far off the mark (1719 yrs), the oldest independent country in Europe is San Marino (est 301 AD), followed by Bulgaria (681AD), France (843 AD), United Kingdom (927 AD). I once read a claim that Portugal (est 1139 CE) was the oldest but the author was a bit off his rocker as CE = AD, BCE = BC, CE = Common Era. So 1139 CE = 1139 AD and this is 838 yrs after San Marino (301 AD) became an independent European country.

It's amazing what a little bit of research can yield... .

:salute
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 08:20:02 AM by Ciaphas »
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2020, 08:35:42 AM »
He's not far off the mark (1719 yrs), the oldest independent country in Europe is San Marino (est 301 AD), followed by Bulgaria (681AD), France (843 AD), United Kingdom (927 AD). I once read a claim that Portugal (est 1139 CE) was the oldest but the author was a bit off his rocker as CE = AD, BCE = BC, CE = Common Era. So 1139 CE = 1139 AD and this is 838 yrs after San Marino (301 AD) became an independent European country.

It's amazing what a little bit of research can yield... .

yup i Google that too.  pretty interesting reading actually.  for example France came out of small kingdom hundreds of years after 843.

but i was talking more about culture and unity.  that doesn't go back thousands of years, specially unity. otherwise we could argue that France culture goes back to 20,000 years ago because of some cave paintings.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2020, 08:37:24 AM »
yup i Google that too.  pretty interesting reading actually.  for example France came out of small kingdom hundreds of years after 843.

but i was talking more about culture and unity.  that doesn't go back thousands of years, specially unity. otherwise we could argue that France culture goes back to 20,000 years ago because of some cave paintings.

semp

=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2020, 09:08:57 AM »

semp

San Marino has 1719 years of culture and unity within it's borders. If it didn't have unity and a thriving culture such a small country would not have survived as long as they have.

Even assuming that the paleolithic era (assuming you are referring to the cave paintings at Lascaux) produced anything remotely close to countries is ludicrous. It wasn't until the advent of agriculture that nomadic tribes settled areas, formed early governments and territorial boundaries, But let me check Google really fast.

Yup, Agriculture started in the middle east circa 10,000 BC (makes sense) and shortly there after in other parts of the world. I would assume that Europe would have been in the later group due to the abundance of animals. It was at this point that the banding nomadic tribes created settlements, worked the land and formed small governments. Even with the advent of agriculture, settlements and governments (crude form of the word) settlements were no more than a nomadic tribe remaining stationary to work the land and hunt the wildlife for self preservation.

So no, one could not argue that France goes back 20,000 years, at least not argue it with any semblance of intelligence.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 09:10:38 AM by Ciaphas »
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2020, 10:43:30 AM »
People hunted in groups far back in history. I would call that unity.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2020, 10:58:39 AM »
People hunted in groups far back in history. I would call that unity.

That's not exactly what I'd define as a Nation State.  Wolves hunt in packs, that doesn't make them a Nation. 

Besides, you can't have a country until you have a flag.  No flag; no country!

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.