Author Topic: CH Fighterstick issue  (Read 837 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
CH Fighterstick issue
« on: February 12, 2020, 06:58:32 AM »
Lately my Fighterstick will set itself into auto - level flight. The dashboard yellow light illuminates when doing so. Any stick input negates the situation but the same thing happens again while maintaining straight and level travel. What's causing this to happen?

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: CH Fighterstick issue
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 07:14:25 AM »
Check in controller / stick mapping in the game and see if button 14 ( I'm pretty sure that's the one) has been mapped to something else

iirc, button 14 is the one that changes the stick through the modes unless I'm mixing it up with the CH pro throttle

You can go into windows/devices and right-click your controller/stick and see which button # it actually is

Edit: on the CH fighterstick the stick's button to change the stick modes is button# 3....  on the CH pro throttle it is button# 13.... <------ this has nothing to do with how you might have your 4 modes set up in-game...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 09:47:24 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 10:43:18 AM »
Sounds to me like one of your switches is flaking out. I don't recall that particular issue happening to me when I was using mine. So to be clear it's just kicking on auto level without any input? No button press? Just flying? Only other thing I can think of and again never had this happen, check each mode and look at the X and Y axii and see if anything is mapped along the travel. That's in map controllers. I had to reset some stuff there after an update long ago but don't remember exactly what. Worth a look.

If you don't find anything in the mapping then you're gonna have to test the buttons. Bring up a testing app and move the stick around and see if you can replicate it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 10:54:03 AM »
I misread where the yellow light was coming from...... Max said dashboard yellow light and my brain said yellow mode light on the fighterstick :D

With that acknowledged, if you have cntrl-x programmed to one of your hats, buttons, switches that input could possibly becoming flaky as Drano said.....but am betting that a windows 10 update may have messed up your stick map settings

Good luck
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 03:46:06 PM »
also you may want to check options>preferences>flight
and make sure you haven't accidentally checked auto engage autopilot

this will turn the ap on when you release the stick
"fly as far as you can into the crash"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 03:53:12 PM »
If none of that works try a cat scan as it may all be in your head.   :neener:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 04:20:42 PM »
also you may want to check options>preferences>flight
and make sure you haven't accidentally checked auto engage autopilot

this will turn the ap on when you release the stick

BINGO! Was experimenting with stall limiter the other week and must have accidentally checked the engage auto pilot box in the process.

Appreciate the replies gents!

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 04:36:43 PM »
excellent, glad you got it sorted and it was an easy fix.
"fly as far as you can into the crash"