Author Topic: Move kill spam to its own channel  (Read 8426 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Move kill spam to its own channel
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2020, 11:22:35 AM »
You can put the system messages on a different window, then you lose the useful info such as hanger down, gun down, fields taken your own kills etc.  Absolutely the worst change they could make to the message system and no reason not to make it optional for the very few who think it is a good idea.

So move it for the few who think it is a bad idea....
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2020, 07:39:54 AM »
You can put the system messages on a different window, then you lose the useful info such as hanger down, gun down, fields taken your own kills etc.  Absolutely the worst change they could make to the message system and no reason not to make it optional for the very few who think it is a good idea.

You can find this vital information on the clipboard as well... .
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2020, 11:38:10 AM »
no reason not to make it optional for the very few who think it is a good idea.

Actually there are at least 3 reasons not to change it off the top of my head. It is simply a question or more pros or cons. And that question I have not yet come to a conclusion.

HiTech

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2020, 11:51:25 AM »
Actually there are at least 3 reasons not to change it off the top of my head. It is simply a question or more pros or cons. And that question I have not yet come to a conclusion.

HiTech

One consequence, I bet just about nobody was using the multiple tab option before. ;)

My only thing was, I liked the other HOST info showing up in my main chat window.  Thinking about how I used to use it, color coding it in the new window might work too once a person got used to it.  I don't notice landed kills like I used to, same with base takes and bombing results.

Although maybe the messages I remember weren't really there...

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2020, 12:03:45 PM »
As many or most players don't land their kills consistently I see this change as a way for those players to shine as at least their kills are announced for all to see.

If the end result is more ppl playing and a healthier AH3 then I am all for it.

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2020, 02:42:27 PM »
I wonder how many will admit that they love there name in the lights, just not in that light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2020, 03:35:57 PM »
"Actually there are at least 3 reasons not to change it off the top of my head. It is simply a question or more pros or cons. And that question I have not yet come to a conclusion."

Could you tell us what the downside would be to make it another check box as far as the players are concerned?  I have truly tried to come up with one and have not been able to and I have not seen one in any of the replies, just some positive comments on having the kill info available.  However, as one of the previous posts also stated, I have learned more about the message system while trying to make the kill spam go away in the time since the change than I had in the past 4 or 5 years.  I also just learned how to use the quote function after I posted this. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 03:43:27 PM by mustng2 »

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2020, 06:42:14 PM »
I don't remember the way it was before it was turned off although I was here, what did I have for breakfast again?  :old:   , but what were the reasons then?

Was system channel overload a factor then?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2020, 09:28:47 AM »
How about a ticker on the top.of the AH webpage that constantly shows the kill messages going on in the MA?

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2020, 08:18:04 AM »
This is still a major issue in the game.   Again, if someone would please tell me what is the downside to the players of making the spam its own check box on the message settings?  If you want to watch it you can, if not your message screen is not filled with useless info. ??????

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2020, 08:38:11 AM »
This is still a major issue in the game.   Again, if someone would please tell me what is the downside to the players of making the spam its own check box on the message settings?  If you want to watch it you can, if not your message screen is not filled with useless info. ??????

If it is useless.... turn it off. Simple enough.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2020, 09:23:55 AM »

I think the issue is that the other host messages are important (ie the effects of your bombs, base captures, etc). I actually like the kill messages (entertaining to follow) but sometimes miss those that are relevant to me.  I'd like to see a different shade of color used to differentiate them. Ie green for friendly, purple for range, orange for help, gray for 200, yellow for host, gold for kill soap opera etc
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 09:27:27 AM by atlau »

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2020, 09:44:29 AM »
I would if I did not lose all the other info!!   AGAIN, WHAT IS THE DOWNSIDE TO MAKING IT OPTIONAL???????????????  No one has answered that.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2020, 09:47:37 AM »
I would if I did not lose all the other info!!   AGAIN, WHAT IS THE DOWNSIDE TO MAKING IT OPTIONAL???????????????  No one has answered that.

There is only one person that CAN answer that. Why dont you email Hitech and ask him?

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2020, 10:18:07 AM »
There is only one person that CAN answer that. Why dont you email Hitech and ask him?
No, I was asking what the downside to the players would be.  Any player can answer that if they can think of one.  Obvious downside to HT is more work to program it.