Author Topic: Submitting Terrains  (Read 565 times)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Submitting Terrains
« on: December 06, 2000, 07:03:00 AM »
10bears, Redwing, Nuttz, jihad, & any other terrain builders out there. PLEASE submit any finished terrains to HiTech asap!

As of this writing he has not recieved any terrains since Verm's Med.

If there is any way that I or the CM crew can
help please contact me.

------------------
Maj Ghosth
XO 332nd Flying Mongrels
AH Trainer Corp

[This message has been edited by Ghosth (edited 12-06-2000).]

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Submitting Terrains
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2000, 11:41:00 AM »
what size (miles) do you want for submission?

NUTTZ

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Submitting Terrains
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2000, 02:48:00 PM »

Originally posted by Ghosth:
10bears, Redwing, Nuttz, jihad, & any other terrain builders out there. PLEASE submit any finished terrains to HiTech asap!

As of this writing he has not recieved any terrains since Verm's Med.

If there is any way that I or the CM crew can
help please contact me.

In this forum i'm up to my eyelids in questions that I post that go unanswered. I haven't given up, But if they were answered the trial and error wasted time could of been phased out.
I know you guys been busy, i've been asking to get on the CM team for some time now. Jihad is in touch with me now, but most of my questions are still unanswered and i haven't a clue who could even address them. I have 5 terrains on the drawing board, 1 of which people are already playing in H2H.  I wish HTC would pop into one of my maps ( or 10bears,from what i've seen ,,it's a beaut),to see what i have to offer, or even to tell (me, us mapmakers) if we are even on the right path ( which i believe we are).
 Also there is supposed to be a new terrain editor, and understandably down the road. But with that information I think many future terrain builders are putting projects off ( which i am). My tiles are all "homemade" and not copyrighted pics or tiles from "other" Sym's.

If you would like to see some "eyecandy" in your sym, I suggest you pop into one of our maps, give us criticism, give us suggestions, and I think we can follow your lead. even the acknowledgment that you've seen what some people do will give us hope.

I've been running a map in H2H called "PAC" (not to be confused with one called Betapac) around 7:30 EST till....
"Come on in, the waters fine!"

NUTTZ

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
Submitting Terrains
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2000, 03:31:00 PM »
Well Nuttz, it looks like you're on the cutting edge of terrain design; you're a pioneer.  The bad news is that people are looking to you and your cohort (that is, this first generation of terrain builders) for the guidance you seek.

BTW, nice PAC duelling terrain -- that rock texture is perfect for cliff action.  (Although you should probably put the H spawn point in the Hangar, and add a separate S one).

I think everyone appreciates your work.

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Submitting Terrains
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2000, 04:19:00 PM »
Hmmm,, i never thought of it this way.... But it's hard to lead a charge , if you know not what your fighting for.

NUTTZ

Offline Ghosth

• Plutonium Member
Submitting Terrains
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2000, 04:20:00 PM »
Nuttz,

Well while I am a member of the CM Corp, and was on the terrain team (although i've requested reassignment to Scenarios)I really can't answer your questions.

As to adding you to the CM team, thats strickly Verm's & pyro's department. Lets just say yours is one of several names that the CM team would love to see added.

As to Terrain editting itself, Verm is probably best able to answer questions. Lord knows the little I've messed around with it has raised more questions than answered.

Size, well as a designer what do you consider a good size? I know scale also comes into play here. Verm's Med terrain is aprox 2.5-1,
I think anything from 1-1 up to 2.5 to 1 would be workable. As CM's we can very easily design events AROUND a terrain once we know what we have to work with. Preferably you'll want a mix of distance's between both types of fields.

Last, I know most of us have been VERY busy with Afrika Corp, Snapshots, & the like.

If anyone is considering a terrain for the MA, I'm guessing you'd  likely want to fall somewhere between the beta & sfterr terrains as regards # of fields, & distances involved.

If in doubt, please email or call HTC.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Submitting Terrains
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2000, 04:40:00 PM »
Well here I've poped 'em up on my server..
First one, Stalingrad,

Click here http://www.ilhawaii.net/~bear1/zips/stng02.zip

And now for something different         .. A TA map of Barksdale AFB in Louisiana  Its only 64 miles across

Ovr here! http://www.ilhawaii.net/~bear1/zips/barksdale.zip

10Bears--

[This message has been edited by 10Bears (edited 12-06-2000).]

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
Submitting Terrains
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2000, 08:18:00 PM »
Thanks for the terrains 10Bears!

SD

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
Submitting Terrains
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2000, 07:14:00 AM »
Nuttz, I have already told you that I could and would answer any questions you have regarding the terrain editor, EXCEPT for modifying textures, since I don't know anything about that aspect of the editor.

That capability was added after I built my terrain so I need to learn it myself.

Write me an email with detailed questions, and I will respond.

If your looking to be added to the Scenario Corps, why haven't you contacted me? FYI we may be adding a few members in the near future.

---------------
Vermillion
Senior CM, Aces High Scenario Corps

Offline Ghosth

• Plutonium Member
Submitting Terrains
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2000, 08:22:00 AM »
10bears, I have just submitted Luzon2 to HTC
along with a link for the Stalingrad terrain.
(hopefully with your permision) I also included your email address in case they needed further files, etc.

Ok with you?  (I hope)

Nuttz, cc'd a copy of your email to Verm & ronni, stand by for answers    

(stands over Redwings emaciated bleeding body & cracks the whip) Faster! Faster!

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Submitting Terrains
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2000, 02:23:00 PM »
Thumbs up Ghosth  ..

No comment about the music..

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Submitting Terrains
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2000, 02:29:00 PM »
Thumbs up Ghosth  ..

No comment about the music..

"Country music 10Bears? If you insist on sending theme music with your maps why not the Chili Peppers or something.. Something a lil more rock n roll eh?"

Offline Ghosth

• Plutonium Member
Submitting Terrains
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2000, 03:29:00 PM »
(Rolls eyes) Artists! Hurmphhhhhhhh!

10bears, right the first time. "No comment about the music".    

Although a ingame Mp3 player would certainly be a plus IMO.