Author Topic: GV Spawn Engine Status  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
GV Spawn Engine Status
« on: March 02, 2020, 08:20:12 AM »
I wish the default setting for engine operation when spawning in a GV was OFF?  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: GV Spawn Engine Status
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 08:22:58 AM »
You sneaky bugger...... :devil
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 08:39:58 AM »
Spawn Camping too easy. At least they should have to look around for a few seconds to find you.  :) The Vehicle DAR alerts them to an upper. The essentially points them right to you, while there shut down.  Seems like too big an advantage for the camper.

Although we've made a bunch of suggestions to improve the chances for the Spawnee, they are never implemented.  I have a feeling HiTech wants the Camper to have the current advantage. Not sure why.
Who is John Galt?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 10:58:56 AM »
I wish the default setting for engine operation when spawning in a GV was OFF?  :salute

If you timidly stop you engine after spawn, odds are that the engine sound will never be sent to anyone in the area. Normally ittakes a while to appear on the campers screen.

HiTech

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 12:20:47 PM »
If you timidly stop you engine after spawn, odds are that the engine sound will never be sent to anyone in the area. Normally ittakes a while to appear on the campers screen.

HiTech

I've tried shutting down upon spawning, and I've heard others do it when I'm at a spawn. Usually there is a short duration of engine sound. So It will work intermittently. Also, some may want to run away asap and don't want to wait for engine start, especially if multiple people spawn in together to break the camp. 

So I wish for a menu option under preferences [like Tracers, and Auto take off]
1) Check box for 'GV Spawn with engine on' if checked,
2) Check box for 'GV Spawn facing East' if checked [one for North, South, East, West...obviously it let's you pick one of them]

:salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 12:47:29 PM »
tsk  tsk tsk
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 12:52:23 PM »
 :headscratch:

Does anyone else think it's a bit odd to request a vehicle be able to "beam in" silently?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 01:02:56 PM »
:headscratch:

Does anyone else think it's a bit odd to request a vehicle be able to "beam in" silently?

Wiley.

Normally when a vehicle is coming.... it is running.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2020, 01:11:20 PM »

Is it that odd of a request when other players can silent watch over an area they know others will "beam in" to?

Maybe enemy with x radius of a team's spawn point show on dar?  Add some risk to spawn campers instead of letting them have first shooter advantage?

In BF, spawn campers are considered the lowest form of life, just below child-molesters and lawyers.  ;)

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2020, 01:18:29 PM »

Is it that odd of a request when other players can silent watch over an area they know others will "beam in" to?

Maybe enemy with x radius of a team's spawn point show on dar?  Add some risk to spawn campers instead of letting them have first shooter advantage?

In BF, spawn campers are considered the lowest form of life, just below child-molesters and lawyers.  ;)

I'd say yes, it is.  At some point the camper had to drive a bit to get to where he is.

I've often thought the way to deal with spawn camps is the longer you are in a location and shooting, the more accurate the positional data on the map should be.  When you start out, there's a relatively large area that shows you're there.  As you stay in that spot and snipe, the info on the map gets more accurate until it's basically an icon.  Of course people would hate it and it would require completely redoing how GV dar works.

Always thought aircraft dar should be a similar "blob" on radar over much longer distance that gradually gets more refined the closer you get, more like it was IRL, and actually make NOE work with LOS.  But both are likely just a pipe dream.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2020, 01:24:21 PM »
I'd say yes, it is.  At some point the camper had to drive a bit to get to where he is.

I've often thought the way to deal with spawn camps is the longer you are in a location and shooting, the more accurate the positional data on the map should be.  When you start out, there's a relatively large area that shows you're there.  As you stay in that spot and snipe, the info on the map gets more accurate until it's basically an icon.  Of course people would hate it and it would require completely redoing how GV dar works.

Always thought aircraft dar should be a similar "blob" on radar over much longer distance that gradually gets more refined the closer you get, more like it was IRL, and actually make NOE work with LOS.  But both are likely just a pipe dream.

Wiley.

Only because he knows exactly where to drive.  :devil   If there was no spawn he would be moving to cover the whole country side to find bandits and the odds of the hearing each other would be equal.  So make it equal.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2020, 03:43:07 PM »
Bring back the pre-storch GV icon rules so that aircraft can break up the spawn camps.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2020, 03:49:17 PM »
Bring back the pre-storch GV icon rules so that aircraft can break up the spawn camps.

I've done a little more CAS the last little while just for curiosity to see how easy it is.  While it kind of sucks hunting wirbs that can hit you before icon range, IMO if you extend the icon range it makes it awfully easy to identify a target, roll, and drop on it in one pass.  At the moment IMO it's doable, particularly if there are multiple aircraft involved, without making either side too tremendously easy particularly if there's air cover involved.

As far as making spawning equal, it already is.  Both sides spawn in with engines on.  Advancing is risky for both sides if the other side is waiting.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2020, 05:21:33 PM »
I’d settle for GVs having the same icon range for planes as planes have for them.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2020, 06:34:46 PM »
I've done a little more CAS the last little while just for curiosity to see how easy it is.  While it kind of sucks hunting wirbs that can hit you before icon range, IMO if you extend the icon range it makes it awfully easy to identify a target, roll, and drop on it in one pass.  At the moment IMO it's doable, particularly if there are multiple aircraft involved, without making either side too tremendously easy particularly if there's air cover involved.

As far as making spawning equal, it already is.  Both sides spawn in with engines on.  Advancing is risky for both sides if the other side is waiting.

Wiley.

It should be easier to bomb GV's. As it is now, it's not worth the trouble for most players to take an aircraft to a GV fight looking for targets. Instead, they up another GV or take a flight of buffs to pork the GV hangar. We need more front line action and returning to a system that promotes more anti-vehicle sorties for aircraft.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com