Author Topic: Yamamoto Crash Site Doc  (Read 452 times)

Offline TEShaw

• Silver Member
Yamamoto Crash Site Doc
« on: March 04, 2020, 08:56:27 PM »
"The Portillo Expedition" documentary on Amazon... maybe you've seen it, but no mention of it here.

Worth seeing for me just because of footage I've not seen elsewhere.

People go to the Yamamoto plane crash site, various things happen, the story of the P-38's is told...

Some of the narration is very basic; it explains the mission for a general audience.  No one will complain the narration of the subsequent story is too polite or dignified.  The story does go in wonderful unusual ways, even in its meanness.

If you already know the story of the air-battle, I recommend seeing it unsober.

Regards,

T. E. Shaw

ps I grew up on the south side of Chicago and never heard of this north suburban hot-dog guy; but I've had many of the famous Chicago dogs though I prefer cheeseburgers.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Yamamoto Crash Site Doc
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 08:01:37 AM »
Thanks!
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 11:51:36 AM »

"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 04:38:31 PM »
WOW! That was pretty good! Thanks for posting  :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain