Author Topic: I give up  (Read 461 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
I give up
« on: December 09, 2000, 12:21:00 AM »
I'm out of the map making business

after a month of trying to place feilds i gave up.

TheWobble

I give up
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2000, 12:51:00 AM »
Nuttz, I feel your pain!

I have had a finished map for weeks but whenever i place the fields no matter what I do it wont show them all (cant fly from them) I have recieved little help too so I gave up aswell.  CAACAA!

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
I give up
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2000, 01:56:00 AM »
 Have you guys read the help file?
 http://downloads.hitechcreations.com/AHEDITDOC.ZIP

It`s easy (and normal) to get frustrated when your learning to use the editor,I just lost a map for the 3rd time due to hard disk failure and thought about throwing in the towel-had a good nights sleep and I`ve started it again.   Don`t give up NUTTZ!

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
I give up
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2000, 09:15:00 AM »
Nuttz, I got your email, and I was going to give you a call today or tomorrow to talk about your questions.

Keep the chin up! Its not that bad.

Edit: If you place a field and it doesn't show up, typically your problem is that your fields are not sequentially numbered. Ie you had fields 1,2,3,4,5.  And now fields 3,4,5 are not showing up. It means that somehow you deleted field 2 or 3, or never had a field of that number in the first place.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

[This message has been edited by Vermillion (edited 12-09-2000).]

TheWobble

I give up
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2000, 07:00:00 PM »
Vermillion,
I deleted and replaced all the fields on my map at least six times and I have yet to make more than 2 show up,
I number the right (field:1,2,3...) and yet they dont show, I posted about a month ago asking for help and I got none.  THat damn map editor is kinda flakey any way.  Ill wait.

RDRedwing

I give up
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2000, 05:32:00 AM »
Wobble I had serious problems placing fields too... I read your older thread asking for help but I don't really understood what your problem was/is... but here's how I did it, and it worked just fine.

All fields have to be field owned, don't worry about the country ownership stuff. As Verm said number them sequentially. Since the default country setting is Bishop you should end up with the desired number of fields on your map, and they all should be bishop.
Next go to "setup" -> "field settings". Change the field's country alignments and things should be fine.

I guess you already knew about that, but when I started placing fields on my map I didn't, I was always playing around with the field/country ownership setting in the object editor because I thought I have to set country alignments in there. Took me 2 days to figure it out  

TheWobble

I give up
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2000, 05:37:00 AM »
Ya red i did exactly that and...*poot* no workie, ill mess with it more though.