Author Topic: Covid19 Paranoia  (Read 10704 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Covid19 Paranoia
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2020, 10:18:08 PM »
google london acid attacks

Sorry my comment was ambiguous. I don't think Bruv is in London. I'm aware of the acid attacks, and the fact that defending yourself, even in your own home, can get you in trouble. They even limit the power of pellet guns in the UK.

But it's not violent everywhere and I hope it's safe where Bruv lives.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2020, 10:29:18 PM »
Right now I have other desires with the gun fund. Tack solution barrel and compensator for my buckmark and a s&w 686-2 6" just because the trigger gets me excited when I shoot.

I've got a 686 6" a local cop that shoots PPC in the USA gave me that he had the S/W performance center do a trigger job on.

I also have 50k in .22lr ammunition alone (another 50k of 556/762/12/handgun/etc, + the million rounds my company buys every quarter from Winchester alone in the magazine at the office).  If the border wasn't a giant PITA I'd boost your .22 stock up.  A lot.

Agreed regarding the civil unrest - it doesn't take much.  The ice storms that shut down Quebec a number of years back for example - they were a couple days away from people having NO food and other essentials due to the power being off 7 to 10 days.  Few people  have cash anymore on hand, and when the little plastic cards stop working due to no sparky, things move from annoying to desperate very fast.  When faced with either starving or stealing, many people will steal.  That will involve violence.

Luckily things are holding together in terms of food and water distributing/etc right now. 

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2020, 12:03:51 AM »
I've got a 686 6" a local cop that shoots PPC in the USA gave me that he had the S/W performance center do a trigger job on.

What year or - I'm very envious.

HiTech

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2020, 12:11:26 AM »

I have a six-inch Model 28, bought it for my father in 1974.  Doesn't need a trigger job. 

Recoil bothered me at first, but I put some Pachmayer grips on it, and now it's a dream gun.  Ordinarily I'm a 1911 person, but this one shakes my assumptions.

- oldman

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2020, 12:40:40 AM »
Oldman do you have a favorite 1911?

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2020, 12:54:05 AM »
I just landed 7 kills in a seafire!!   :rock  :banana:

Trust in our military.

God bless the United States of America.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 12:56:04 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2020, 01:10:35 AM »
I just landed 7 kills in a seafire!!   :rock  :banana:

Trust in our military.

God bless the United States of America.
Not true, unless the Whines are documented  :devil Thought that I was feeling a "Disturbance in the Force". Figured it was the Beans.....thankfully I was wrong :rofl Seafire? NOOB! I see your 7 landed...to my Land a 20 plane kill streak in a fighter. YES....just as shocked as YOU are :uhoh Oh, and check you messages :D
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2020, 02:08:18 AM »
US accused of 'Piracy'  by  Germany....   

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-52161995

Face masks!!! 

on a more serious note,  It's very concerning the amount of infections and deaths USA is having, in 2 weeks time I hate to think what they will look like.  Not just in NYC either.    :(
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 02:10:16 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2020, 04:35:54 AM »

Face masks!!! 

on a more serious note,  It's very concerning the amount of infections and deaths USA is having, in 2 weeks time I hate to think what they will look like.  Not just in NYC either.    :(

Listen to George Webb on YouTube. 

Donald Trump is a HERO

Communist NWO will fail.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2020, 04:38:45 AM »

Face masks!!! 

New york city is almost half the deaths in the US.

No one has any idea how infections are increasing as everyone is not tested. Only sick people are tested and not all sick folks are positive.

Texas has around 30 million people and 90 deaths.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2020, 06:09:56 AM »
Looks like a certain someone is doing his best to flatten the curve of another thread down straight into the gutter. On one hand I think people gathering all this arsenal are crazy, on the other hand people setting 5G masts on fire to "stop the Coronavirus" are equally crazy. Hope you guys with guns also have helmet cams, gun cams, sight cams and such with full batteries and empty SD cards for YouTube.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2020, 06:43:38 AM »
If he keeps digging he'll end up in China.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2020, 07:04:02 AM »
Oldman do you have a favorite 1911?

I know this question is for Oldman but I'd like to throw my two cents in.  I've been a gun owner for over 50 years and have had 3 .45s.  A Colt model 1911M that I shot competitively, a Remington 1911 Carry, and now an S&W MP Shield .45.  Of the three the Remington shot the best accuracy wise and now I favor the S&W MP Shield 45.  It's a smaller .45, easy and convenient to carry.

I'd look into the S&W MPs' HiTech, they have 9mm models also.  The 45 comes in two models one with a safety and one without.  I have the one without. Small, light and easier to conceal.  Very easy to break down and clean.  Just a suggestion.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2020, 07:20:51 AM »
My virus " paranoia " is that the economic damage caused by the steps we are taking to minimize damage/ strain of our healthcare system and populous will be much greater than the damage/ deaths the virus would cause as we are plundged into economic chaos.

When others feel that this was a calculated risk taken by an embarrassed China to punish the US and its trade wars of the last 3.5 years and the quelling of the civil unrest in Hong Kong (what happened to that?) which then resulted with a new reserve currency as the dollar is way dead, given the then current mentality of a desperate nation/ world- we are then thrusted into another neverending war.

At that point I don't know if it will matter

At that point your mini miltias will not matter as it will be extreme martial law and unless you think you can take on the national guard your guns and ammo are long gone

That my concern about this whole thing

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2020, 09:00:36 AM »
I know this question is for Oldman but I'd like to throw my two cents in.  I've been a gun owner for over 50 years and have had 3 .45s.  A Colt model 1911M that I shot competitively, a Remington 1911 Carry, and now an S&W MP Shield .45.  Of the three the Remington shot the best accuracy wise and now I favor the S&W MP Shield 45.  It's a smaller .45, easy and convenient to carry.

I'd look into the S&W MPs' HiTech, they have 9mm models also.  The 45 comes in two models one with a safety and one without.  I have the one without. Small, light and easier to conceal.  Very easy to break down and clean.  Just a suggestion.

My best-shooting .45 is a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec, which I had a very good gunsmith accurize and equip with real sights.  But my favorite is a Kimber Ultra Carry (the first model), which has a fuller grip and just feels better.  Plus I can take it with me during the day because of its size.  You know, in case of zombie attack.

- oldman