Author Topic: Foul language  (Read 4231 times)

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
Re: Foul language
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2020, 11:17:10 AM »
Someone tell me what purpose it serves in the game to curse like that. ? You trying to impress somebody?  I just relocate everytime I hear it on Range

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2020, 11:24:09 AM »
Firstly online experiences are not covered by ESRB, auto Mature
and... look at all the blood when you get a pilot wound
People do need to be considerate, but you can't force them.

:old:

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2020, 11:25:46 AM »
Someone tell me what purpose it serves in the game to curse like that. ? You trying to impress somebody?  I just relocate everytime I hear it on Range

Squelch also works nicely.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2020, 11:27:11 AM »
Firstly online experiences are not covered by ESRB, auto Mature
and... look at all the blood when you get a pilot wound
People do need to be considerate, but you can't force them.

:old:

You can't force them. In which case the game gets a rating and turns to 18 and over. Not sure how that works with how AH is setup.

LOL Red Dead Redemption II has a rating.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2020, 11:37:43 AM »
It is totally inappropriate.  Report and wear headphones for gods sakes.  With that said I can remember me and Razor getting cussed out by you a year or so ago for lifting off of "your" carrier.  SMH
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2020, 11:46:29 AM »
https://youtu.be/efZQhYu1E5s

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2020, 12:31:34 PM »
It is totally inappropriate.  Report and wear headphones for gods sakes.  With that said I can remember me and Razor getting cussed out by you a year or so ago for lifting off of "your" carrier.  SMH

Wearing headphones still doesn’t solve the problem of the verbal chest thumpers.  These types are usually yapping continually and jamming up the channel anyway.  It only shields those within hearing distance of your computer.  Squelch provides an immediate solution.  .Report provides follow up emphasis from HiTech.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2020, 12:58:52 PM »
Squelch early squelch often report as needed. Controlling online behavior will never be perfect. If you're that concerned about your kids detune everything, they likely aren't using channels anyways right?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2020, 01:45:40 PM »
Stop whining about grown men being potty mouths. You are all adults, act like it. If you don't like what people are saying, squelch them. If that is not enough, avoid people. Listening to people moan about bad words is petty and shows a character flaw I would describe as spineless.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2020, 01:50:19 PM »
Stop whining about grown men being potty mouths. You are all adults, act like it. If you don't like what people are saying, squelch them. If that is not enough, avoid people. Listening to people moan about bad words is petty and shows a character flaw I would describe as spineless.
The flaw is in those who never grow up.... the ones using the language. It is just another reason some left I am sure.

You simply can't avoid those of poor character online. In public you can avoid areas where the bottom feeders stay. Online they kind of permeate.

Ignore and report as necessary.... then move to an area with better folks.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2020, 01:57:12 PM »
Yea Shuffler, I am sure the population of Aces High is down because of potty mouths  :aok
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2020, 02:52:11 PM »
The flaw is in those who never grow up.... the ones using the language. It is just another reason some left I am sure.

You simply can't avoid those of poor character online. In public you can avoid areas where the bottom feeders stay. Online they kind of permeate.

Ignore and report as necessary.... then move to an area with better folks.
And you're CM staff? Hitech is slumming.....If you have to cuss, go find a game that teens with filthy language habitate. Get out of a game that intelligent adults play.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2020, 03:06:59 PM »
This sounds like a crying old man fest...

Use squelch...keep ur grandkids away from the idiots that you know are on here that have been here just as long as you have...

There is the dot report feature that you know about that you can use...but we're gonna come here and make the game look like its filled with tons of foul mouthed younguns on here that have no self control...

WTG ...you've succeeded

Stop acting like you can't tell these same guys that you have came to the boards about for years to shut up...you have played with them for years...

Weak
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2020, 03:07:30 PM »
Sunday evening about 9:30 I have a player call me and want's to complain about moderates because he just received the result of a 2 week mute by being reported.

Before I could begin to discuss the situation he threatens that he will then simply put something in is squad name complaining about the moderators. I don't think I have ever been so angry at a customer on the phone in the last 20 years. Because.

1. Its late Sunday, I'm enjoying a scotch watching TV.
2. I'm nice enough to answer the company phone in case a player cant get in for some reason (normally forgotten login).
3. Suddenly I have a player swearing at me on the phone.
3. I now have to go up stairs to my office and search the logs, find the reports and hence the player id.
4. Find all the entries I need to block him.
5. Go into the arena and type .eject

30 mins later he calls back  :rolleyes: by this time I am calm and get to play the extremely over polite person on the phone.

HiTech

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2020, 03:50:33 PM »
And you're CM staff? Hitech is slumming.....If you have to cuss, go find a game that teens with filthy language habitate. Get out of a game that intelligent adults play.

It is not about me. I am just saying that policing 200 grown, adult men is a can of worms. The easiest solution is to customize the environment to your liking by squelching those who you do not want to hear. Yes, I think whining about it here is petty.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 04:06:48 PM by perdue3 »
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com