Author Topic: Foul language  (Read 4229 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
Foul language
« on: April 05, 2020, 02:24:31 PM »
I would really like to play this game as if my grandchildren we're setting here with me. I taught my grandson how to count to four by the cyclic rate of the T 34 tank 1, 2, 3, 4 fire. Today when I asked someone to please watch their language they told me they would say what the f*** they want. Other players chimed in and said they will say what the f*** they want. It was suggested I quit the game and go play church bingo.
I don't consider myself a prude I served 3 years in the army and lived in the barracks. I never had an office job I worked in construction. My last job was at a state prison. I try to conduct myself as if your wife , mother or children was hearing my conversation.
I can't tell you how disgusted I am with these people!
AkCaine

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Foul language
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 02:29:42 PM »
Good for you. I'd like to see adults exhibiting self-control in the game, as well. I work on it both in and out of game. I have been known to come up with somewhat inventive pseudo-cussing, however.

Flag-nab clubby chung poog flippin flarg.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 02:31:35 PM »
Report vox and report txt

Film it and email to support@hitechcreations.com

Understand your frustration, but bringing it to the message boards solves nothing

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 02:33:52 PM »
I would really like to play this game as if my grandchildren we're setting here with me. I taught my grandson how to count to four by the cyclic rate of the T 34 tank 1, 2, 3, 4 fire. Today when I asked someone to please watch their language they told me they would say what the f*** they want. Other players chimed in and said they will say what the f*** they want. It was suggested I quit the game and go play church bingo.
I don't consider myself a prude I served 3 years in the army and lived in the barracks. I never had an office job I worked in construction. My last job was at a state prison. I try to conduct myself as if your wife , mother or children was hearing my conversation.
I can't tell you how disgusted I am with these people!

Yeah, those that wail on like a 12 year old on the playground are pretty much without self control, and lack a vocabulary of word with more than four letters.  Don’t quit because of their lack of emotional control.  :salute

A preferred way to deal with those who can’t resist the simpleton vocabulary is to mute them.  For those most part, they don’t have anything game essential to say anyway.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 04:46:30 PM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 02:34:19 PM »

Understand your frustration, but bringing it to the message boards solves nothing

Hope this helps

TC

+1
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 02:42:38 PM »
Did file report on the first potty mouth. Didn't film it though
AkCaine

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 02:44:53 PM »
And how many fools will say "If I can't talk the way I want to I will quit! They're ruining the game!"  I have no patience for those who can't find alternate language for cuss words....
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2020, 02:48:54 PM »
And how many fools will say "If I can't talk the way I want to I will quit! They're ruining the game!"  I have no patience for those who can't find alternate language for cuss words....

Flim-flamitty crab jammies.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2020, 02:56:35 PM »
Need HTC to mute people without letting them know they are muted. That way they can cuss to their hearts content!

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2020, 03:13:32 PM »

Hope this helps

TC

+1 Good point TC.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2020, 03:20:14 PM »
I understand an occasional outburst followed by a quick apology, however when my 6 year old is playing a game on the computer beside me and keeps saying "bad word" because of what she hears coming out of AH I think it's  a bit much.

I do squelch the worst offenders as well as the people who think they're at the bar and babble incessantly as it's very distracting. I just wish that I didn't have to re-squelch everyone every time I logged in.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2020, 03:35:29 PM »
There's a few characters I wish I could 'perma-squelch.'  :D

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2020, 04:07:16 PM »
There were a few that I would log in and after a minute for the roster to load I would search the list to see if they were on and squelch them before I even looked for a fight. It is the way I learned to spell "squelch" btw :)

A sign of maturity is learning to watch your language, unfortunately some people never grow up. Calling them out on the radio, or even asking them to cool it is only going to fire up the other morons.

Squelch and .report is the best think to do.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2020, 07:34:05 PM »
Squelch them and move on. Coming here and voicing your opinion will not improve your MA experience. People are going to say what they want and there is nothing you can do to stop them. Squelch and fly.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2020, 09:43:35 PM »
A sign of maturity is learning to watch your language

Best comment yet.

- oldman