Author Topic: Covid 19 Prevention discussion ONLY  (Read 23361 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Covid 19 Prevention discussion ONLY
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2020, 09:22:01 PM »
If it came from that lab, which is not out of the realm of possibility, I would suspect that is by far the likely answer.

I see nothing that that looks to me an intentional act.  It just would make any sense.  Their economy has taken a massive hit.  A failed economy have even more dire consequences for their leaders than it does for ours.  They don't want to look like a late Soviet economic failure.  Look what happened to them.

Never ascribe to evil plots what can simply be explain by good old fashion fkup.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #181 on: April 15, 2020, 07:48:27 AM »
Sounds like plasma from cured patients might be the best bet for immediate treatment

That said should we require a donation from the cured victims before they are released?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #182 on: April 15, 2020, 07:52:54 AM »
Edit
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 09:18:54 AM by Eagler »

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2020, 08:06:41 AM »
Sounds like plasma from cured patients might be the best bet for immediate treatment

That said should we require a donation from the cured victims before they are released?

Eagler

:noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid
i don't think we should make anything like that mandatory.  :old:
there is a pretty big incentive already in place, saving lives.  if thats not enough. a 500$ check would do it.  :bolt:

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #185 on: April 15, 2020, 08:19:54 AM »
I like california plan, at least as a start for discussion if nothing else.

This virus aint going anywhere.  We need a plan going forward, i dont want any chaos in the streets!

Hopefully the 6 steps will actually be feasible in the next 3 weeks, ahem 2 weeks.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #186 on: April 15, 2020, 02:06:39 PM »
R 4
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 07:51:01 PM by hitech »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2020, 02:14:09 PM »
Nice job Bustr.  Well at least the number of pages were more than doubled on this thread.  Some people seem to be learning at least.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2020, 03:22:37 PM »
R 4
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 07:50:14 PM by hitech »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2020, 06:53:59 PM »
R 4
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 07:36:40 PM by hitech »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #190 on: April 16, 2020, 06:40:27 AM »
County has a 9pm curfew now

I was thinking when someone will publish a how to book about self quarantining and social distancing.

It could be an attempt at a serious instructional manual type or light hearted comedy poking at the ridiculous side - either way I think it would sell well

Eagler

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #191 on: April 16, 2020, 07:44:25 AM »
sounds like a good idea.  my, and probably some other with a greater understanding, believe we are in this for a long time, forever in fact.

the drug trials and drug availability looks like around fall, before mass distribution, and that is if anything even works.

The hope it will all just go away is looking more like a waste of time.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #192 on: April 16, 2020, 12:36:19 PM »

The ‘Everyone’s Got It’ Theory
https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/coronavirus-testing-undercounting-covid-19-cases-likely/

When the history of this is finally written, I suspect the US' performance up to this point is going to be a real national embarrassment.  We didn't handle beginning phase of this competently.  I'm not saying we are the only clown show, but I expected better from the world's only super-power.  Our lack of performance is going to cost tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/16/world/coronavirus-response-lessons-learned-intl/index.html

Let's see if we can redeem ourselves in the second half...

Also, a very cogent analysis of lockdown.  I couldn't have agreed more, which given the author is kinda shocking. 
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/04/15/the-absurd-case-against-the-coronavirus-lockdown-189265

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #193 on: April 16, 2020, 01:15:48 PM »
Also, a very cogent analysis of lockdown.  I couldn't have agreed more, which given the author is kinda shocking. 
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/04/15/the-absurd-case-against-the-coronavirus-lockdown-189265

I'm still looking for the analysis , I see big straw man (compare to flu). Comparing to flu is not an argument in any way of what we should do, but it is good for a sense of scale.

Then an opinion with no proof.
If we are going to have 60,000 deaths with people not leaving their homes for more than a month, the number of deaths obviously would have been higher—much higher

Followed by more arguments based on his unproven and non quantified assumption with out any analysis of what the net treasure and blood are going to be from the shutdowns .

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com