Author Topic: To all you forum flyers  (Read 4879 times)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
To all you forum flyers
« on: April 14, 2020, 09:54:12 PM »
What would it take to get you back in the game. (I mean the ones that post here but don't play)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Re: To all you forum flyers
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 01:12:57 AM »
Caveat:  I like fighter on fighter game play.  I also understand that others may choose to play a different way.

• Increased fight density.  Too long between fights was a major factor in me not playing
  • More fighting less running
  • Increased visibility of GVs (esp wirbs) so that I can avoid them when chasing down runners.

There have been many posts about how these might be achieved.  They have usually attracted various degrees of derision from others and slowly but surely those that thought the same as I do left the game.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 06:02:09 AM »
Use only small maps Euro TZ, that will give more opportunities for fights.

Remove the instant radar, and give it a long enough delay so you cannot trust the radar for outmaneuvering an enemy, lose sight should be = lose fight.

To mitigate Fess run-away and fight instead to an extent, give planes that have extensive run-away capabilities a lower ENY / perk factor to make them less common.

I want the scenario/squad base attack/defense  and the bombers are included in it (less the Tiger armor based B-26), without only instant Wirbie battalion defending it alone.
A way to do that could be  to have reserve field clusters, owned by the main field owner.

Fix the Yak-3 max dive-speed, let it shred it's parts above 400mph in a pullout (like in a competitor sim, and closer to French manual numbers), and remove the ridiculous armor it currently have.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 07:27:03 AM »
What would it take to get you back in the game. (I mean the ones that post here but don't play)

- Triple population (yesterday in my timezone's primetime there were 55 players on)
- Get rid of the magic tail warning radar
- Eliminate GV sector dar
- Buy me a new trackir  :devil

Nothing of that will happen, so I will just keep doing my AH stats stuff  :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 07:32:57 AM »
I've been playing in the MA a bit more recently, it has been fun. Can't help but reminisce about the old days when I'd spend every free minute I had flying. 

The large maps often spread out fights which is a shame, and sadly the small maps with close bases usually get reset in a matter of hours.

I'm on the fence about the GV dar and range dar. It has both helped and hurt me, so that is a wash.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 10:06:31 AM »
Same as the other Euro players really, not enough players on during my prime time to make it worth logging on. I am only interested in aerial combat and amongst those few players from my timezone that are online a large fraction will be GVers or player combat avoiders. I'd come back if AI planes were introduced into the MA, even if these were just bombers. Shooting down AI planes would at least be something to do while waiting for a human to fight and might act as a seed to get a fight going and more players logging in.

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 10:17:58 AM »
As with most other people these few weeks, corona lack of work (and now finally as i am fired lack of job...) got me back into the game.

For new players, none of the details we older ah folk notice are a dealbreaker. For most new guys as far as I've seen is the 15 buck a month model of payment. They would stick around if the system is different. In what way - I have no idea, I'm terrible with money and money systems (which will surely come in handy now that im jobless and no with no 6 month prospects due to corona)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2020, 11:09:35 AM »
Bring back Dot-Dar.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2020, 11:32:10 AM »
As with most other people these few weeks, corona lack of work (and now finally as i am fired lack of job...) got me back into the game.

For new players, none of the details we older ah folk notice are a dealbreaker. For most new guys as far as I've seen is the 15 buck a month model of payment. They would stick around if the system is different. In what way - I have no idea, I'm terrible with money and money systems (which will surely come in handy now that im jobless and no with no 6 month prospects due to corona)

Hang in there man...it will all work out  :salute
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2020, 12:08:38 PM »
I am flying some.... have never left. Was away over a year because of hurricane Harvey.

For 20 years played nothing but Ah.... for the first time playing RDR2. Kind of been busy in there.

Was spreading 38 parts in MNM though. WOOOOT
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2020, 10:53:17 PM »
- Triple population (yesterday in my timezone's primetime there were 55 players on)
- Get rid of the magic tail warning radar
- Eliminate GV sector dar
- Buy me a new trackir  :devil

Nothing of that will happen, so I will just keep doing my AH stats stuff  :)

Get rid of gv sector dar the same time you 86 3/4 of the trees

Chuikov

Offline Litjan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2020, 01:09:59 AM »
1.) Historically realistic setups, only one nation per "country" (i.e. early, mid, late war - Knights = Axis, Bishop = Allies,...)

2.) Gameplay that forces goal-driven gameplay (i.e. channel player action towards certain goals that avoid the rampant furball for the furballs sake style)

3.) Update some of the horrible graphics (tracers, hit sprites, explosions...)

4.) Beef up action by adding smart AI aircraft that will do bombing runs, fighter cover etc.

In other words - look at War Thunders simulator mode for aircraft, called "Enduring confrontation". You can see all of my above suggestions beautifully implemented.

I know this will never happen here with all the "missunz" haters and "I wanna fly 2 seconds and then furball with planes that can´t run away from my Spit9"...but hey, you asked.

Litjan

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2020, 09:37:09 AM »
1.) Historically realistic setups, only one nation per "country" (i.e. early, mid, late war - Knights = Axis, Bishop = Allies,...)

2.) Gameplay that forces goal-driven gameplay (i.e. channel player action towards certain goals that avoid the rampant furball for the furballs sake style)

3.) Update some of the horrible graphics (tracers, hit sprites, explosions...)

4.) Beef up action by adding smart AI aircraft that will do bombing runs, fighter cover etc.

In other words - look at War Thunders simulator mode for aircraft, called "Enduring confrontation". You can see all of my above suggestions beautifully implemented.

I know this will never happen here with all the "missunz" haters and "I wanna fly 2 seconds and then furball with planes that can´t run away from my Spit9"...but hey, you asked.

Litjan

People playing choose how to play. AVA has 2 sides and no one goes there. The main arena has a little of everything. It is your choice where you want to be in that equation. If you want to force others into yours.... think about you being forced into thiers.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2020, 09:59:07 AM »
Actual enough time to play
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2020, 11:41:06 AM »
Bring back Dot-Dar.

Coogan

Some already have some sort of dot dar capability.  Interesting when sitting in a corner or other random spot in a given gv dar square, air cons fly directly overhead and start bombing.  No search involved, just “direct to”.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 11:59:37 AM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all