Author Topic: Questions about films  (Read 761 times)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
Questions about films
« on: April 17, 2020, 09:58:53 PM »
Lets say we have 2 planes in a film. I've noticed that 1 will track smoothly through it's path while the other one will be very jerky almost random jerks. It seems to be a consistent thing for the pilots who do it. Any ideas?

Also, my film view is stuck in night mode. Any ideas?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Questions about films
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 10:31:12 PM »
Are you using AH to film or a third party program?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 10:15:10 AM »
Lets say we have 2 planes in a film. I've noticed that 1 will track smoothly through it's path while the other one will be very jerky almost random jerks. It seems to be a consistent thing for the pilots who do it. Any ideas?

Also, my film view is stuck in night mode. Any ideas?

If you are talking about jumping in and viewing from plane 2 its jerky, yes that is the way it is. When in your plane it has ALL the data for your flight. When jumping in another players plane your only getting the positional data your computer receives during the filming. Thats why you dont see the gauges and control surfaces actuation from your film.

The night time thing is a problem. Some people have said it fixes itself when you restart the film viewer. I havnt had that happen. The film viewer crashes often for me so I restart it a lot but it doesnt clear the times for me.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 03:59:15 PM »
If you are talking about jumping in and viewing from plane 2 its jerky, yes that is the way it is. When in your plane it has ALL the data for your flight. When jumping in another players plane your only getting the positional data your computer receives during the filming. Thats why you dont see the gauges and control surfaces actuation from your film.

Maybe I wasn't clear.
If there are 3 planes in the film, A, B and C and I am in plane A the issue I'm talking about is with planes B and C. B will be solid and track through it's flight path predictably where as C will be bouncing around in it's flight inputs.
I am not talking and my plane vs another plane. The planes that do this seem to be consistently the same people but it doesn't look like lag, it just looks like random stick inputs or something that's confusing the predictor code.

I'm using the AH film viewer for this.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 04:39:56 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 06:26:56 PM by hitech »
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 04:41:01 PM »
It will depend how far the plane you're in is from the filmers plane.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2020, 03:15:12 PM »
I understand what you're saying hitech but these are close in fights. 1vs1 one guy will track smoothly at close range while another guy will be very jumpy. This seems dependent on the player and not the range and doesn't appear to be lag.
I will see if I can find a film to demonstrate it.