Author Topic: How to run DX9 version with steam  (Read 679 times)

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
How to run DX9 version with steam
« on: April 19, 2020, 02:56:20 PM »
I keep getting stutters with the DX11 version that steam runs, today was the last straw, augered a Tempest while strafing an M3 because of the stutter. 
Someone mentioned that the DX9 version is in the steam files to run, but I can't find it.   Is it possible to tell steam to open the DX9 executable instead?  I'm currently downloading the game from the site at an agonizing slow speed, hopefully my account will still work on the non steam version.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
Re: How to run DX9 version with steam
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 03:23:50 PM »
Im pretty sure it's not possible with the steam version

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 05:52:22 PM »
bummer, looks like steam account is not playable on the regular version
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 04:02:46 AM »
I'm back to aces high and find surprising that the dx11 freeze problem hasn't been fixed nor aknowledged.

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 09:47:09 AM »
I'm back to aces high and find surprising that the dx11 freeze problem hasn't been fixed nor aknowledged.

I've done a little research on it and I'm pretty sure it's not just an aces high problem. From the research I've done there didn't seem to be a solid fix

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 03:22:38 PM »

I've done a little research on it and I'm pretty sure it's not just an aces high problem. From the research I've done there didn't seem to be a solid fix

thanks for the effort!