Author Topic: Special events for Special schedules  (Read 651 times)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
Special events for Special schedules
« on: April 19, 2020, 09:45:42 PM »
I have a work schedule that doesn't allow for me to make most of the special events.

According to the events calendar most of the events are Fri, Sat, Sun.

Are there any chances to changed up the event days or to host other events on other days? Days I'm most interested in are Wed and Thursday.

I bring this up because I used to look forward to flying FSO every week but not it's impossible with my current schedule.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Special events for Special schedules
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 05:49:50 AM »
Monday Night Madness
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 09:36:45 AM »
I am also trying to get the Thursday tank battles going again as soon as I get privileges back.Also thinking of a weeknight battle like the old TT  let me know what you all think.

Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 09:39:12 AM »
I am also trying to get the Thursday tank battles going again as soon as I get privileges back.Also thinking of a weeknight battle like the old TT  let me know what you all think.

Seems a bunch enjoyed that too. They would appreciate that.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 10:15:12 AM »
Speaking from the Special Events Arena side,

Snapshots were typically held on Wednesday Evenings Eastern Time, however due to shrinking numbers and a few other reasons, the CM team had no choice but to remove them from the schedule.

Despite being laid off at the moment, I personally have a difficult time scheduling anything before 11PM EST on any day.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 10:24:42 AM »
Shhhhhhhpppppppprrrrrrrr! I'll habitate the room as fodder once it's back up!
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2020, 05:31:45 PM »
In order to get more Special Events, it will take one simple thing.  More volunteers to join the CM team.

Once there is a large pool of CMs, individual CMs can with their RL availabilities host various Special Events.  It's a process that takes a few months to be a CM.  Then, it takes awhile to learn how to balance an event.  Balance is the key. 

Right event, right balance = fun.   Fun is what we strive for.  Most of the time it is a success.  Some times not.  CMs are people and unintentional mistakes happen.

Only YOU can make the difference.  PM Spikes and your journey to being a CM can begin.  :salute
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020, 05:41:33 PM »
Monday Night Madness

I work until 1600 to 2400 EST all days but Wed and Thurs so this would be out I think.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2020, 05:47:17 PM »
Only YOU can make the difference.  PM Spikes and your journey to being a CM can begin.  :salute

Thanks. PM sent.

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2020, 06:28:16 PM »
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2020, 02:00:42 PM »
I work until 1600 to 2400 EST all days but Wed and Thurs so this would be out I think.

Hopefully something can get setup. Hate to see anyone miss out on these great events.   :salute haz
80th FS "Headhunters"