Author Topic: Is it possible to host a dual offline without an account?  (Read 701 times)

Offline ULPink

• Copper Member
Is it possible to host a dual offline without an account?
« on: May 17, 2020, 05:25:36 PM »
I was wondering if I can host a dual with my friend who can't afford the $14.95 a month right now.  Is there a way to host an arena without signing in?

I also wonder if you made Spit 5s, M3s, LVTs, and Panzer tanks free, if you would get a lot of people addicted to playing this and eventually paying.

Thanks

Check Six!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Is it possible to host a dual offline without an account?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 05:56:38 PM »
I assume by offline you mean a custom arena. You can host a custom arena with your account, I don't recall if a non-subscriber can join but it won't hurt to try. If that doesn't work just use the training arena, you'll know who won even without damage and you can reset without having to take off again. You can also duel in the WW1 arena which is a free arena.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 06:00:48 PM »
Yes, you can host a custom arena and your friend can join without a paying account.
He'll still need to register as always but he won't need to use a credit card etc.

I was running a room for the last 3 or 4 weeks just for that purpose using the combat terrain.

Darn countries need to be rotated each time it's used. I'll try to fix that later tonight.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 06:06:41 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 01:30:43 AM »
They would still have to make an Account though. HT started that about a month ago? So..yes, as per others :kiss: lol
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 01:47:06 AM »
Duel*
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 07:02:05 PM »
Yes, you can have your friend try out Aces High without having to pay.  When you look at the arenas, anything with a dollar sign requires a paid subscription, but the arenas without the dollar sign can be paid for free.  So get your friend to sign up, set up a custom arena, and have some fun.

I was trying to use this a few years ago to host events for prospective players, but I never could figure a good way to advertise such an event and get prospective players to come.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline ULPink

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2020, 01:21:35 AM »
Thank you everyone, I will set up my own arena.
Check Six!

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020, 05:45:12 AM »
Send one of us a PM if you need help.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2020, 09:40:13 AM »
Here are some suggestions for a custom arena. 

There is a terrain called "Mongoose".  I didn't ask for it to be named after me.  It was my idea, and Bustr did an excellent job of setting it up.  It is two bases on either side of a canyon.  You take off, fly into the canyon, and play tag.  The canyon keeps players from chasing each other for miles across the countryside. 

Turning off Killshooter:
Options > Arena Setup > Environment > Arena Settings > Arena Flags > uncheck Killshooter.
This way, you can each be on the same team, and still shoot each other down.

Optional, turn on Air Show Smoke:
Options > Arena Setup > Environment > Arena Settings > Flight Mode Flags > check Air Show Smoke
Use the R key on your keyboard to turn smoke on and off.

Really optional, turn on Lead Computed Gunsight:
Options > Arena Setup > Environment > Arena Settings > Flight Mode Flags > check Lead Computer Gunsight
You should only do this if you have people who really can't hit the side of a barn from the inside.
You can tab through your targets, and whichever target you select with have a small X to show where you aim to hit them.

Hope this helps.  Have fun.

My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline ULPink

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2020, 02:11:12 AM »

There is a terrain called "Mongoose".  I didn't ask for it to be named after me.  It was my idea, and Bustr did an excellent job of setting it up.  It is two bases on either side of a canyon.  You take off, fly into the canyon, and play tag.  The canyon keeps players from chasing each other for miles across the countryside. 

Turning off Killshooter:
Options > Arena Setup > Environment > Arena Settings > Arena Flags > uncheck Killshooter.

Options > Arena Setup > Environment > Arena Settings > Flight Mode Flags > check Air Show Smoke

Options > Arena Setup > Environment > Arena Settings > Flight Mode Flags > check Lead Computer Gunsight
You should only do this if you have people who really can't hit the side of a barn from the inside.
You can tab through your targets, and whichever target you select with have a small X to show where you aim to hit them.

Thank you Mongoose
Check Six!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2020, 04:30:46 PM »

Turning off Killshooter:

I wanted players to associate their fun with your name. It was your idea for helping new players.......
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2020, 08:10:37 PM »
I wanted players to associate their fun with your name. It was your idea for helping new players.......

Thank you for the kind words.  I think you did a really good job on it.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com