Author Topic: So tell me who doesn't want to wipe Iraq/Iran/Syria off the map?  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
So tell me who doesn't want to wipe Iraq/Iran/Syria off the map?
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2001, 11:08:00 AM »
Don't jump to conclusions.

Remember Oklahoma? That HAD to be Islamic extremists, 'according to all sources', but it turned out to be an individual who had served for his country. Why couldn't it be orchestrated from within?

The footage I've seen was something out of Hollywood. I still can't quite believe it.

I like what Tony Blair (Prime Minister) said - something about the democracies of the world standing together to fight global terrorism.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2001, 11:09:00 AM »
Dallas radio reports are saying that American Airlines is saying that they had 158 passengers on their 2 aircraft that were hijacked.  Apparently the plane that went down in PA was a flight from Cleveland that was either shot down by our own jets or the pilot put it in himself after he confirmed to air traffic control that he had been hijacked.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2001, 11:10:00 AM »
Badjim,  Potomic river runs by Washington DC.

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2001, 11:12:00 AM »
Ya know it just coulda been inside militia instead of outside terrorist groups.  We don't need to fly off the handle and make rash decisions.   Find out who really did this.  Take your time and do it right.  Then do what is nessassary and prudent to them.

Rocket

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2001, 11:12:00 AM »
Oh my oh my. I agree to most of this, this is without doubt the most terrible terrorist act that has ever happened to any nation during human history, the people guilty for it should be punished for it HARD.

However, saying that it was iraq and syrian and all that and "let's nuke em right now" would be as bad, by doing that, you kill another million civilians and start WW3, this might not even be an act by an entire nation(s) but instead an act by a big, very well organized terrorist group, and they should be punished but not for the expence of more civilian lives, nomather what religion and belief they have.

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: Wilbus ]
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2001, 11:21:00 AM »
The Taliban in Afganistan is worried big time. Issuing statements to the effect and hoping "the courts" can find solutions...Scared outa there minds. Anyone else notice they were all, to my recolection, American Airlines aircraft? Sounds like they had someone on the inside.

Who ever, what ever, may they burn in hell for eterinity.

Who could twist a religion so far as to glorify acts such as these?

I wonder if Isreal needs a few more tanks?

I no longer believe in the word "restraint".

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2001, 11:32:00 AM »
The Taliban don't have the resources for this kind of thing.

Hijacking a plane in the Middle East is one thing, Hijacking 4 planes in the middle of the US, at the same time, and flying them into buildings is quite another.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2001, 11:32:00 AM »
Right Lizard, Pour more fuel to that fire and see what happens.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2001, 11:35:00 AM »
Originally posted by Staga:

We'll find out in the next few weeks.
-SW

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
      • http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2001, 11:39:00 AM »
Remember that after OK City, the terrorist groups were busy calling up the US saying they didn't do it.  Maybe somewhere in their pea brains they realized what might happen if we thought they did it.

That being said, the only group I've heard take responsibility was the Democratic Front of the Liberation of Palestine.

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2001, 11:47:00 AM »
Originally posted by Staga:

? The Taliban is the group in control in Afghanistan, right? They just issued a statement. And still are...as I type. The fact is, Bin Laden warned of this a few weeks ago. Afghanistan harbors Bin Laden. Obviously they are worried...er scared toejamless. Most everyone recognizes that Bin Laden, a multi millionaire, or is it billionair is about the only person or group with the funds and orginization to pull this off. I heard an hour ago, regardless of weather or not Palastinians were cheering, that Yasar Arafat denounced these terrorist attacks. He's worried as well. Honestly though, the PLO and or Hamas don't seem to have the funds nor finesse for something like this or they would've done something like this to Isareal.  Fuel on the fire? LOL I think thats been done already. Turn on the TV...

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2001, 11:47:00 AM »
Actually Lizard3....it was 2 American Airlines and 2 United Airlines planes.  The American flights both hit the World Trade Center and one of the United flights was the one that crashed in PA....the other United flight was probably the one that hit the Pentagon, but United hasnt said officially where they lost it at.

A lady came on Dallas radio today claiming to be an American Airlines employee and said there was an alleged incident that happened a few weeks ago in Greece or somewhere overseas where the aircrew's hotel rooms were robbed of uniforms and ID cards and passports, etc....but that is probably just rumors.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2001, 11:51:00 AM »
not to mention lizard, that airlines do hold routes. AA may just have happened to hold the most convenient routes for these bastards.

Offline BigJim

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2001, 12:01:00 PM »
This was a highly organized attack, hardly the work of any lunatic fringe here in the US, this took "trained pilots" to take over and fly into the buildings and to take FOUR at once required massive planning, not to mention that suicide attacks are NOT American style (even in OKC the guy got away before the blast).

Restraint however is in order, chaos is what the attacker desires and we should NOT play into those tactics, the targets were obviously ment for HIGH profile coverage and NOT strategic value.  We should take an even strain, find out who and THEN take proper action befitting a World Power.

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2001, 12:02:00 PM »
Yes, I see now. Two different airlines.