Author Topic: So tell me who doesn't want to wipe Iraq/Iran/Syria off the map?  (Read 1095 times)

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
So tell me who doesn't want to wipe Iraq/Iran/Syria off the map?
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2001, 12:18:00 PM »
My Sympethies and Condolances to all the US and to those who losted loved ones in this attack.

from another neighbour to the north.

Offline Spinner

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2001, 12:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by BigJim:
This was a highly organized attack, hardly the work of any lunatic fringe here in the US, this took "trained pilots" to take over and fly into the buildings and to take FOUR at once required massive planning, not to mention that suicide attacks are NOT American style (even in OKC the guy got away before the blast).

Hmmm... I would think that a "lunatic fringe" in the US is more than capable of this attack. It's like saying that those internal U.S. groups are too dumb to be organized.
It's pretty simple to get 4 people together who have basic flight skills to board some aircraft and crash them.
You don't need a huge int'l terrorist organization to execute such a horrible thing.

I agree restraint is needed, since making assumptions is pointless and could lead to
misguided persecution of the wrong people, thereby allowing the real perpetrators to get away.

Spinner

Offline fscott

• Banned
  • Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2001, 12:24:00 PM »
I'm sick to my stomach first from what has happened, and second from the few countless gutless peacelovers and arab lovers on this board.

You are the reason for this happening. Your peace loving, open arms, love all people, diddlyed up philosophy.

Go to hell and rot you sick arab diddlys.

No wait, let me take that back...

First, come to my ranch... and gimme some of that terrorism....  I'll be waiting with open firearms.

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: fscott ]

Offline BigJim

• Zinc Member
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2001, 12:24:00 PM »
Spinner when is the last time you heard of an American sucide attack???? I think you missed my biggest point this is simply NOT how an American group would go about this type of attack.

I am NOT saying that our lunatic fringe is NOT capable of something like this but NOT with this method.

BigJim

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2001, 12:28:00 PM »
there is no terrist group that would not have liked to be the one to do this horrid attack, so wipe them all out. slaughter the whole lot of them. and dont give them a second chance to attack again.

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
      • http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2001, 12:32:00 PM »
Spinner, you're looking at a lot more than just 4 people.

My guess would be closer to 50 to 100 involved in the planning and at least 3 to 4 for each plane.

You need at least 1 to pilot, perhaps 2 in case the first is incapacitated.  Then you need 1 or 2 to control the passengers while the pilot flies.

While it's true that airport security is hardly airtight, think of the planning it took to get all four teams in place.  We have not heard of any teams of terrorists who were prevented from getting onboard.  Until we do, we must assume that only 4 were planned and all 4 were succesful.  

The amount of planning for something like this must be staggaring.  They took planes from 2 different airlines and 2 (3?) different airports.  Each airline and each airport would have differences in security procedures which would have to be scouted throroughly.

This has been in the works for months.  And it would be easy to just say that someone in the counter-terrorist community screwed the pooch.  However, the alternative is even more frightening.  What if they did their job? What if the bad guys either found a whole in the system or maintained such security that we had no way of seeing it?

Money, time, planning, skills to fly a 757, willingness to die, knowledge of airport security, coolness to get aboard the planes, timing and coordination in the extreme, and the list goes on.  This is not the work of a bunch of whackos with a cheap alarm clock and some dynamite.  This was a professionally done attack.

Offline zapkin

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2001, 12:32:00 PM »
I hope they bring these people to justice. My prayers go out for the friends and family of those who died today. The innocent people!

Where are those black boxes?????

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2001, 12:40:00 PM »
Originally posted by Spinner:

Hmmm... I would think that a "lunatic fringe" in the US is more than capable of this attack. It's like saying that those internal U.S. groups are too dumb to be organized.
It's pretty simple to get 4 people together who have basic flight skills to board some aircraft and crash them.
You don't need a huge int'l terrorist organization to execute such a horrible thing.

I agree restraint is needed, since making assumptions is pointless and could lead to
misguided persecution of the wrong people, thereby allowing the real perpetrators to get away.

Spinner

Most of the groups in American are anti-government.  What would be the point in hitting the WTC for them?  Unless they wanted the pure shock of that attack.  I think they'd be more likely to go after government buildings like the White House or capital building.  I have friends in that kind of group and though they differ some, they'll all have similar thoughts about how bad the government is trying trample the average citizen.

While I don't think we should indiscrimantely attack down the path any lead might show, I do believe that whomever did this needs to be found and made an example of.  If was Ben Laden and if Afghanistan wants to continue harboring him instead of giving him up now, then send the B2s and 117s and start shutting the country down.  Conventionally, ain't no sense in flipping nukes over this.

Whoever did this had to do some research.  They took planes from the east coast bound for the west coast.  They wanted birds with as much fuel as they could get for maximum impact.  
**Just came across MSNBC that Laden is at the top of the suspect list.**
I bet the flight records will be interesting when they're recovered and analyzed.