Author Topic: AcesHigh Youtube films  (Read 1391 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
AcesHigh Youtube films
« on: June 09, 2020, 12:45:30 PM »
I don't know if anyone has noticed but, viewing rates are incredibly low on all the AcesHigh films (that I have) found posted in 2020.

I personally would have expected a increase due to more people consuming youtube in the pandemic, but are remaining in the under 300 range..

Anyone clued into the YouTube algorithm to help AH films get a wider audience? 

If it helps, post your favourites, get the word around that AH3 has content creators.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 12:51:03 PM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline ULPink

• Copper Member
Re: AcesHigh Youtube films
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 01:16:10 PM »
I get a lot of YouTube views as do LNG15, Skyyr, Vuduvee and a bunch of others.  Just keep posting stuff people want to see.  I just post my links here and people in the game may choose to watch or not.
Check Six!

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 02:29:36 PM »
We must have a very different definition of the term "a lot".
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 02:35:09 PM »
What do people want to watch, in game footage or edited and narrated videos?

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 02:35:53 PM »

Now that's a good question :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 02:45:24 PM »
I’ve wanted to make videos, but wanted to wait till I got a new pc so everything can be maxed out. New PC is on the way, next would be figuring out what people want. If it’s edited then I’d have some learning to do.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2020, 02:55:09 PM »
Even AAA titles don't attract a lot of views, unless you have a known personality behind them.

The best film I have only has 3,400 views, or so. There are lesser games that may have greater view counts but it's not the game content the viewers are after, I think.

The latest adopted policies may prevent you from posting a lot of content as recorded straight out of the game. Just a heads up.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2020, 03:14:55 PM »

I prefer edited

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2020, 03:16:53 PM »

I would say edited since the majority of AH gameplay is downtime be it tower or climb out/rtb. I don't have the film viewer skills that Dolby has, so the majority of my films were all killshots or if there was some fun fight I might find a way to put the whole fight in.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline ULPink

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2020, 03:22:06 PM »
We must have a very different definition of the term "a lot".

A lot is anything more than yours lol
Check Six!

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2020, 03:44:08 PM »
The walls are getting muddy in here.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2020, 04:18:37 PM »
I like edited films. To be more spacifice, I prefer films that are narrated. Its all about the fight.

When/why do you merge like that?

When/why did you chop/hammer your throttle?

When/why did you turn that way?

What did you see the target do to make you do _______?

How do you fight a BnZer when they have the alt?

How do you BnZ when you have the alt?

These are the questions newer/below average players are wondering, but may not know to ask. I dont think it even matters if the one doing the film gets a kill. Watching films of nothing but highlights of planes blowing up one after the other are useless and a waste of time.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2020, 06:48:25 PM »
It has a lot to do with “likes” Dolby. That’s why every video asks you to like it etc it boosts it.

Dolby you are one of the best film makers in the game if not the best <S> don’t get down. This game just doesn’t attract a ton of views.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2020, 07:47:09 PM »
I'm not down Spek, I'm at a loss to the loss view rate for all the films in AcesHigh. But thanks for the boost  :salute :salute
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2020, 08:10:46 PM »
When you type in Aces High in youtube, you come across major viewed videos of Iron Maiden. Great song btw. This means that the game is competing with hundreds or even thousands of other videos labeled Aces High. I did see a couple of game thumbnails but my algorithms are suited to the game as I have watched many videos. (Still can't make one tho  :bhead.) So who knows if anyone who types Aces High actually see any videos.

The likes per time also increases other people's likelyhood of seeing your video on their home screen if they have searched for game videos. Rapid likes puts it infront of more people. This creates more likes and increases views.

When you type in Aces High Game, only older videos with thousands of likes get shown. When a new perspective player see thoses, that's probably all he needs to know before making a decision to download it.

Videos that are posted on the front page of the website from YouTube would also increase views. It would also encourage a player more to download. Videos from special events would be awesome.

The only way people really see your videos is if they actively go searching for them.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion