Author Topic: Unforgiven taken off squad in FSO  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Doc4

• Copper Member
Unforgiven taken off squad in FSO
« on: June 12, 2020, 10:46:43 PM »
Who took Unforgiven off the squad list in FSO?  It also will not allow to redo the squad...We will be flying “No Squad” next week, ground us all of the CM’s can’t see that this was obviously a mistake.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 10:48:42 PM by Doc4 »
Doc4
~~~The Unforgiven~~~

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: Unforgiven taken off squad in FSO
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 11:00:58 PM »
Multiple people in your squadron tried to make a new squad and could not make one. I am not sure what the issue is. Perhaps we need to ask hitech about it and see if it is a bug?

I suggest taking a squaddie into SEA 1 sometime this weekend and see if you can start a new squad. If not, we will figure something out.

:salute
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 11:03:04 PM »
Nobody has. I am not sure what transpired, but Frame 1 I noticed early on, all of the Unforgiven guys logged in and no squad. We tried to get them formed up but were unable. We were also unable to contact the CO Frame 1.

Frame 2, I tried to work with Rodeo to get UNFORGIVEN formed up again, but he said those who he was inviting would not let him (Could possibly have been from being in JG54 squadron already). At that point Rodeo made the quick decision to accept invites from JG54 and fly their mission under JG54 colors again.

I apologize for whatever happened, even though we have no idea what the issue is. The CM Team cannot disband or delete squadrons.

I'll be willing to get into the SEA this week and get this worked out with yourself, Rodeo, or whomever I need to work with.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 11:06:07 PM »
I am also available anytime, Doc. Just let me know what you need.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 11:08:08 PM »
It started last week... JG54 and Unforgiven had the bombers... only made sense to have them in the same squadron since the Unforgiven squadron was gone for reasons unknown.  Seemed to work ok at the time, not sure what happened tonight.
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline Doc4

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 11:21:22 PM »
What happened tonight, was the CM staff was blindly following a black and white set of rules and booted the CO of one of the founding squadrons of FSO...That was wrong..I will get on tomorrow and try again, if it can’t be resolved this series,we will be flying “No Squad” to represent the Unforgiven.
Doc4
~~~The Unforgiven~~~

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2020, 09:59:31 AM »
Sorry, but the rules are black and white for a reason.

If it does not work today, let me know. We can get on sometime during the weekend/week and I can reach out to HT and see if there is some underlying issue.

Rodeo said he tried to invite some people when he was squadless, but not sure how it was done or what the messages were saying. To invite someone they also have to be squadless, so to create the squad I don't mind going in there and having you invite me to at least get it set up.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Doc4

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2020, 12:28:30 PM »
Spikes,
The rule is there to prevent Walk-on players from coming in and not adhering to the objectives of the evening. I helped WRITE the Freaking orders for last night (UNFORGIVEN was CiC for god sakes), and I have been apart of The Unforgiven for 12 years flying FSO and have not flown a grand total of 10 times, oh sorry 11 since you booted me last night.  The situation was handle by both you and the bouncer improperly.  Your comment “well I guess you should have flown last week” was not only inflammatory it was conduct unbecoming of a CM.  The Unforgiven have given much to FSO, both in the way of time, covering squads, and members that we lose to CM duty. Mystic and Plissken were hardly ever able to fly FSO because of their many years of service.   And for you and the team last night to treat me that way was Wrong, and there should be an apology somewhere for this action.
Doc4
~~~The Unforgiven~~~

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2020, 01:01:47 PM »
No one is questioning the squad's dedication to the event. Don't forget about Dh367th. :)

Was the squad in SEA1 under your name or possibly someone else was the SEA creator and their account lapsed? I've seen it happen before, so I am just curious.

We tried our best given the short amount of time to get the squad squared away in Frame 2 but were unable to do so, unfortunately. I'm sure it won't take long to do, so if there is a time that works for you to hop into SEA, let one of us know as any available CM would be happy to help re-form the squad. :salute
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 01:13:13 PM by Spikes »

FlyKommando.com

Offline Doc4

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2020, 05:05:03 PM »
The squad is re-established.

Now for the apology to myself and my squad for last night’s events.......
Doc4
~~~The Unforgiven~~~

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2020, 06:05:09 PM »
There seems to be a bee under your bonnet for a self inflicted issue and you got your apology in Spikes first post in this thread Doc.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Doc4

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2020, 06:18:14 PM »
This was not self inflicted, it was a Hitech issue.  I was booted for no reason other than a black and white interpretation of the rules of FSO. Spikes said something that was both rude and inflammatory not to mention non- CM like, and it caused myself and my entire squad to consider dropping FSO altogether.
So for that YES I have a bee in my bonnet.  When it comes to my squad’s enjoyment of the evening (which in reality is the only job of a CO), I do take this as an affront.  And it is high time we start holding people to a minimal standard of common human decency.
Doc4
~~~The Unforgiven~~~

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2020, 06:52:30 PM »
Expecting to be treated above the rules because of squad legacy is pretty wrong from my observational perspective.

I'd say it is pretty rude and inflammatory.. In-fact an affront to everyone in newer squads within FSO.

Perhaps Doc, you might want to spend a few moment reflecting on the above and perhaps there should be an apology somewhere for this.

Or we can all just move on and learn from this and kick some bellybutton next week.  :salute
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2020, 07:24:25 PM »
Doc,

I apologize that the SNAFU occurred and I am sorry that the CM Team on duty could not do more to help. There was not much time to really fix the issue and there was confusion as to why a new squad could not be created. In haste, the decision was made by JG 54 and agreed upon by your officers to join JG 54 in Frame 1. In Frame 2, the problem persisted and a resolution was not found in time, so they remained in JG 54. Had an Unforgiven officer came to the arena about 30 minutes early with the intention of working it out, we probably could have. But, with limited amount of time, the squads involved chose a suitable solution that was good for all.

Regarding your being grounded, AKKuya was following the guidelines set by those before him. Perhaps, there should have been a discussion prior to the grounding about allowing you to fly without a squad, for that I apologize. Now that it is resolved, hopefully we can move forward and learn from it. It is helpful for officers to be in the event early in case of emergencies and SNAFU's such as this. What happened here was unprecedented and there is no guide for dealing with such issues. All in all, I think it could have been worse. The CM Team will discuss ways to prevent this from happening in the future which includes talking to HTC to see if there was a bug or some reason why Unforgiven was disbanded.

Thank you for your continued participation and your understanding.

C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Doc4

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2020, 07:33:45 PM »

Now that I can respect!

Spikes you could learn a lot from Perdweeb.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 07:44:56 PM by Doc4 »
Doc4
~~~The Unforgiven~~~