Author Topic: Windows 10 x64 2004 update new feature fixes AH3 DX11 stuttering for me  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
My DX11 version of AcesHigh runs smooth now thanks to latest windows update graphic setting called "Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling". I'm running GTX 1070. It's a huge improvement. Screenshot of windows setting attached.

You'll need to install the latest graphics driver for your video card to enable it.

Settings> System> Graphics settings> Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 12:16:59 AM by Drane »
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
My computer with GTX 960 did not get the option added when video driver was updated.

So it appears your video card has to have the hardware to support this for the option to appear in windows.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 03:41:37 AM by Drane »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
As of last week, I think it was, this is part of the Nvidia Control Panel as well as Windows Graphics Settings.

https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/06/24/nvidia-geforce-451-48-windows-10-hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling/
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Microsoft is also delaying the update's roll out for certain users until a bug can be fixed.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Microsoft is also delaying the update's roll out for certain users until a bug can be fixed.

SOME bugs.   :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member

One thing I noticed is windows optimization of SSDs which was defaulted to enabled.

Windows optimized my SSD, immediately said it needed optimization and it said my SSD had never been optimized.

So I turned off scheduled optimization since I do that manually once a month anyway after windows updates.

This could potentially be a problem for your SSD regarding data corruption.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 07:57:45 PM by Drane »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
One thing I noticed is windows optimization of SSDs which was defaulted to enabled.

Windows optimized my SSD, immediately said it needed optimization and it said my SSD had never been optimized.

So I turned off scheduled optimization since I do that manually once a month anyway after windows updates.

This could potentially be a problem for your SSD regarding data corruption.

My issue is due to an old Nvidia driver, not ssd data corruption.

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
My issue is due to an old Nvidia driver, not ssd data corruption.

Ahhh interesting! Wonder what problems others are having?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 10:48:19 AM by Drane »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Since the download I have noticed my wife wanting more attention.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Ahhh interesting! Wonder what problems others are having?

The MS knowledge base isn't very helpful in trying to figure it out.  There are a myriad of separate issues, from corrupted data, drivers and network security issues that are causing issues for people trying to download the latest update.  That is why MS is throttling the update for some people and will make the update available when the issues are fixed for those having problems.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
I'd delayed the update until I heard of any major hiccups as were expected. After a couple of weeks not seeing any epic problems like the last time I went ahead and updated the old PC (c2011). Seemed fine so a week or so later updated the new one. No issues. New PC (March)has all updated drivers and is all ssd. Old PC has all updated drivers, ssd boot drive and a bunch of 500Gb platters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
I'd delayed the update until I heard of any major hiccups as were expected. After a couple of weeks not seeing any epic problems like the last time I went ahead and updated the old PC (c2011). Seemed fine so a week or so later updated the new one. No issues. New PC (March)has all updated drivers and is all ssd. Old PC has all updated drivers, ssd boot drive and a bunch of 500Gb platters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The BIG update/upgrade was pulled. Too many serious issues. They did recently have a small update that installed the new Micro$oft Edge.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
The BIG update/upgrade was pulled. Too many serious issues. They did recently have a small update that installed the new Micro$oft Edge.

The update hasn't been pulled.  Those that have no issues can download and install the version 2004 update, those that have issues are blocked by Microsoft from installing the version 2004 update until various issues are fixed.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Yeah I thought that was the deal AKAK. Was surprised it went thru on the 2011 machine figuring some legacy part wouldn't make the cut. I cut my services way down and Edge isn't my browser of choice so that was an early buh bye.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
The update hasn't been pulled.  Those that have no issues can download and install the version 2004 update, those that have issues are blocked by Microsoft from installing the version 2004 update until various issues are fixed.

Ahhh... then what I read was not exactly correct.
80th FS "Headhunters"