Author Topic: Can anyone recommend a good computer/internet support forum.  (Read 464 times)

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
So, when I picked up the Rift S I had to finally "upgrade" from windows 7 to 10, and ever since my internet connection has sucked.  Using the ethernet port, or the wifi it doesn't matter, when I first boot the computer it runs fine for a little while, then starts having massive packet loss and connection drop out.

It's not my ISP, as my phone, tablet and roku all have a rock solid connection with no issues, and I had 0 issues with win 7.

I've tried every single fix that comes up with google, multiple times. Nothing works.

The Microsoft support forum has been no help, when the most basic fixes didn't work they just gave up.  I don't except experts here, but if anyone knows of a great computer/network support forum that may be helpful I'd appreciate it.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Can anyone recommend a good computer/internet support forum.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 11:44:54 PM »
might think of posting an DXDIAG report from your system, on the BUGS or Technical Support threads. They watch those(Bizman and some others). They might see something with your system..and BIZMAN has some stuff you can do with windows10 :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 11:09:30 AM »
Calling the "Bizman"!!!

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 11:11:42 AM »
A DxDiag output as an attachment would be nice.

There's also quite a lot of things you can do to make your Win10 system run more fluently including the background internet usage.

ROFL Fugi! I especially like the hairdo, looks similar to HiTech's! Can't remember how it felt, though...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 03:19:55 PM »
Check your power settings - I had a similar issue when I first moved to Win10, crazy packet loss and ping spikes all over the place on my PC, but all other tablets/phones/laptops worked fine.  The power setting was set to some low performance setting, and was causing the issue, when I put it into performance mode, it fixed the issue instantly.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2020, 02:08:37 AM »
Concentrate on Ethernet, its much easier to diagnose than Wifi, and better latency for gaming.
Try to change cable (And check so you get full duplex) on the interface.
Try to update the drivers for the all motherboard components.
Do no allow Ethernet or Wifi to sleep ( under power settings ) , I think thats why Gman was successful with "Performance mode".
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2020, 10:11:09 PM »
Posted over in the hardware/software forum.