Author Topic: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020  (Read 1971 times)

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
« on: July 15, 2020, 02:52:05 PM »
Hello everyone, long time no post  ;)

Alot of you might have seen the news that Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is launching on the 18th of August. Im just here to inquire if there is people from the AH community that intend to play it?

If so it would be fun to maybe reconnect with old and new friends from here and perhaps fly togheter in a non combative environment?  :airplane:

Anyone planning of getting it? Perhaps we could setup an discord community for it if we get enough interest in it?

Regards

Maniac.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 02:55:10 PM by Maniac »
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 02:53:32 PM »
They had my money the moment they announced it.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 03:00:46 PM »
*looks at system requirements*  ...Well crap.

HT, can you just make AH look like that?  Pretty please?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 03:02:29 PM »
They had my money the moment they announced it.

They'll get my money as soon as you install it and tell us it doesn't suck. ;)
I see they have gliders.  If they have implemented a fairly good thermaling model, I'm in.

Wait....uh apparently they may not support VR initially.  What?  Are you kidding me?  :rolleyes: :bhead :furious

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 03:28:02 PM »
Wait....uh apparently they may not support VR initially.  What?  Are you kidding me?  :rolleyes: :bhead :furious

Yep no VR from start, dont think Track IR is either (could be wrong here), but its on their "high priority" list.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 03:35:35 PM »
Yep no VR from start, dont think Track IR is either (could be wrong here), but its on their "high priority" list.

OK.  Thanks.  I'll wait and see how things play out.  Makes me afraid that technology will be an second-class citizen after-thought to the platform.  We'll see.  I'll wait patiently.   

Seems I'm doing a lot of that lately.  I've been waiting a year for TeamFusion to supposedly add VR to Dover Blitz.  It's always "someday".  Then, they'll get more of my money "someday".  I'd pay another $60 for that add-on if they would do it.

Sorry.  Once you go VR,  it's hard to ever go back.   :bhead

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2020, 03:39:39 PM »
HT, can you just make AH look like that?  Pretty please?

After their most recent attempt to resuscitate FSX, I'm wondering how much of the emphasis is on "simulator."  Watching the planes in the video, I'm not comforted.

But I guess we'll see!  Someday....

- oldman

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 04:10:18 PM »
The focus appears to be on ultra real landscapes with decent performance... which might mean everything else is taking a back seat.

I went for the highest tier package to get all the aircraft and airports. The aircraft don't impress me much compared to the great variety that was standard with FSX/Acceleration. But I got two I would want the most from civil aviation: Cessna 152 and Cessna 172, which are aircraft that I have several hours of front seat hands on the wheel and feet on the pedals time. I live in Orlando, so I am happy that they chose to do that one. I have lived in San Francisco and San Diego, so the San Fran airport and LAX are ones I have used many times, too. I don't think you can do a global flight sim without including New York and/or Chicago and I have flown to those airports a few times, too. So, I have plenty of places I have visited enough by air to appreciate the quality they are promising.

I hope MS FS 2020 doesn't disappoint me. Or it will be gone from my hard drive as fast as it gets installed, because I have too many other great alternatives.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2020, 04:37:59 PM »
The focus appears to be on ultra real landscapes with decent performance... which might mean everything else is taking a back seat.

From what ive seen "everything else" is not taking an back seat :)

This guy in this video below is breaking down the features pretty good imo, for those interested in flight modelling, he talks about that at 7:30 in the video. But sure, when it comes to the feel of the flyin the jury is still out untill we can try it ourselfs.

Edit : Found another guy talking about the Flight Model, he starts talking about it in quite good detail at 9:00 in :

Here is some more videos focusing on realism in the sim (not flight model focused tough):

And heres an detailed breakdown of the Aircraft available at launch :

« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 05:14:49 PM by Maniac »

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2020, 04:39:34 PM »

Yeah that put me off. It may be that the guy that does Flyinside will port it to the new version (Flyinside gives you VR for the current version of FSX).

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2020, 05:05:20 PM »
They'll get my money as soon as you install it and tell us it doesn't suck. ;)
Ok?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2020, 05:08:37 PM »
Ok?

Sorry.  I'm still bitter about pre-paying for Battlefield V.   :D

It's like the opening scene in Saving Private Ryan.  You never want to be in the first wave off the boat.   :rofl

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2020, 05:30:11 PM »

Sorry.  I'm still bitter about pre-paying for Battlefield V.   :D

It's like the opening scene in Saving Private Ryan.  You never want to be in the first wave off the boat.   :rofl

You can play the game on PC with Xbox gamepass, in my country i can get the first month for 1 dollar, then the following months if you choose to continue the subscription is like 4 dollars. Could be an good way to try it out.

And yes, Battlefield V was horrible imo.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2020, 05:52:51 PM »
You can play the game on PC with Xbox gamepass, in my country i can get the first month for 1 dollar, then the following months if you choose to continue the subscription is like 4 dollars. Could be an good way to try it out.

And yes, Battlefield V was horrible imo.

Thanks.  I really have no interest until they have VR.  By then I assume there will be plenty of reviews on Youtube.  ;)

I'd really love to so some long cross country soaring.  Finally get my Bronze, Silver, Gold badges.  ;)

:salute

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2020, 04:46:18 PM »
I've been in the closed beta and the game looks incredible and was fully intending to get it on release.  However, I saw the different pricing packages and MS is fully monetizing the game.  If you want the detailed airports, etc., You have to pay more than the standard version. For detailed airports, you'll have to pony up $120 for that package.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song