Author Topic: Are people still playing this ?  (Read 1596 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Are people still playing this ?
« on: July 15, 2020, 04:39:42 PM »
I was not head up myself about graphics and still am not. I loved this with 100's in like a Carrier off shore people taking off guns firing all the time. I think the creators are geniuses but is it really still going ?? I would like to know before I sign up again for what for me was the once the greatest on line game ??
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Re: Are people still playing this ?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 04:42:44 PM »
I wish this still have 800+ people a night. It was not about graphics it was full immersion anyway  :salute
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 04:43:34 PM »
Hi Yarbles,

100+ consistently in prime time US time zone evenings.    How long have you been out?  Do you know there is a battleship task force now?   Wisconsin or Iowa-class, can't recall.  But its used to pound bases before amphibious landings, or duel other surface ship groups.   Like before, the game can be a lot fun - its all what you make of it.

<S> 

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 04:52:50 PM »
Yo
Been thinking the same Yarby old mate..
where did the numbers go.. out of US prime time it got very thin on the ground/air..
I miss this game
<<S>> Jimmy
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 04:57:33 PM »
I was on last night and had a good time..... till the wife told me to hold it down. LOL

So I shifted over to RDR2 for awhile.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 06:13:22 PM »
Some of us never left

Give it a go again - vr is best

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2020, 06:30:04 PM »
Yo
Been thinking the same Yarby old mate..
where did the numbers go.. out of US prime time it got very thin on the ground/air..
I miss this game
<<S>> Jimmy

well... where did you go??  that should help answer....unpack your pink tutu and get back in here Jimmy so I can kick that rust off you..

The numbers have slimmed but there are times when like minded people are on that you can have a good scrap ....
just one more person will help the cause..the more one more persons we get the better it is 

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 07:16:13 PM »
You dont need 800 players to have a blast here, its all about the map, and how you interact with it.  I will say, some of these maps among other things, choke this gem of a game out of its real potential of the old days.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2020, 07:51:21 PM »
Numbers are lower but I’ve come back and am enjoying as much as I use to. There’s nothing else close to it out there.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2020, 08:36:09 PM »
Numbers are lower but I’ve come back and am enjoying as much as I use to. There’s nothing else close to it out there.

Hah!  Good to see you again, dude.

Yarbles, give it a try again.  It's hardly a long-term financial commitment.

- oldman

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2020, 02:20:02 AM »
Numbers are lower, but have been climbing with the plague keeping folks at home and bringing a lot of old names back.  Give it a shot.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2020, 03:01:28 AM »
Some of us never left

Give it a go again - vr is best

<S>

Eagler

True..... Just some of us lifers are not able to participate as much as we would want to due to physical disabilities, which really sucks donkey balls....

Long time, Yarbles! Good to see you posting.... Get back in the game.... That goes for you also, JimmyC

~S~

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2020, 07:33:37 AM »
Numbers are lower, but have been climbing with the plague keeping folks at home and bringing a lot of old names back.  Give it a shot.

The actual plague is in Colorado.  :D

One squirrel so far had bubonic....
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2020, 01:21:37 PM »
Plenty of people on the weekends. FSO on Friday reaches like 200 people. Even with 80 people on you can get some fun small intense fights in
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2020, 05:16:55 PM »
The actual plague is in Colorado.  :D

One squirrel so far had bubonic....

Indeed. Actual occurrences of the bubonic plague are pretty common: it is rampant in Prairie Dogs in the midwest. 
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce