Author Topic: War of Rights Artillery Release  (Read 728 times)

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
War of Rights Artillery Release
« on: July 16, 2020, 08:44:47 AM »
The artillery in War of Rights has been released. Very fun and realistic gameplay. The artillery is the three inch ordnance rifle which entered service in 1863. You have three ammunition choices. Shot, case shot, and cannister.

This game is the most fun I have had in a long time. There are public servers which most of the time are filled with teenage armchair generals, but the large scale battle events are filled with like minded people from all of the world who have one the goal of having large scale battles during the American Civil War. It is almost like digital re-enacting so to speak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwLKtyrbdm4
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
Re: War of Rights Artillery Release
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 06:54:23 PM »
how much?

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 11:40:34 PM »
Wow, thanks for the post RichardDarkwood, this is the type of game I really like, and I hadn't heard of it until this thread, even though it's nearly a couple years old now.  Surprised it hasn't been banned/canceled over the "flag" and a few Southern rebel yells in game.

The arty effects are really, really cool.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 11:43:18 PM by Gman »

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 09:45:45 AM »
Wow, thanks for the post RichardDarkwood, this is the type of game I really like, and I hadn't heard of it until this thread, even though it's nearly a couple years old now.  Surprised it hasn't been banned/canceled over the "flag" and a few Southern rebel yells in game.

The arty effects are really, really cool.

It is also hilarious. The troll level in game is one of the highest I have ever witnessed. Line battle is what it is, though.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 11:03:56 AM »
Usually it is $30 but it's on sale for $15

Very toxic in public lobbies

Last night I was moving the gun, my buddy tr1gg was standing behind me with the next artillery round in his hands and by buddy wilddog was looking through the bino's at the yankee's when all of the sudden I heard a round come in and a splattering noise. I turned around and both of them had been exploded, there was body parts laying everywhere.

I have access to a server that is set up for artillery practice. If anyone wants to have fun, shoot me a PM and I'll send you my steam ID.

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2020, 12:22:46 PM »
My brother plays this and loves it, he mentioned this update and was excited. He also plays Mount & Blade which is similar, the videos from that are hilarious. I’ll have a new gaming pc soon, I’ll have t get this and try it out.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2020, 12:47:33 PM »
Usually it is $30 but it's on sale for $15

Very toxic in public lobbies

Last night I was moving the gun, my buddy tr1gg was standing behind me with the next artillery round in his hands and by buddy wilddog was looking through the bino's at the yankee's when all of the sudden I heard a round come in and a splattering noise. I turned around and both of them had been exploded, there was body parts laying everywhere.

I have access to a server that is set up for artillery practice. If anyone wants to have fun, shoot me a PM and I'll send you my steam ID.

Shows 30 bucks in steam..  Where is it on sale?

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2020, 01:15:14 PM »
the sale must have ended. still worth $30

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2020, 11:57:32 AM »
My brother plays this and loves it, he mentioned this update and was excited. He also plays Mount & Blade which is similar, the videos from that are hilarious. I’ll have a new gaming pc soon, I’ll have t get this and try it out.

Coog? PM me his Steam ID. Ask him first, obviously. Thanks.  :cheers:
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2020, 04:50:33 PM »
50% off right now if you want to get it.

I got into a group who plays events - that's where its at to be honest 100 like minded guys all doing line battles.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2020, 01:55:47 AM »
Thanks for sharing, this genre hasn’t seen good games in a long time. 

Ultimate General Civil War was decent but too much in restrictions on Arty types and weapons vs cash management. But that game is really good to allow you to play through the entire war...as long as you keep winning battles. On hard (Major General) some of the battles are ridiculously difficult, especially for the Rebs.  Antietam is relentless with Union brigades doubling yours in size.

Nice to see something new and real time realistic!
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2020, 10:20:31 AM »
This game is a lot of fun. Some people take it way to serious which is normal. You need to carry a stick with you to fend off the recruiters but other than that it is uber fun

CO--The Bad Guys