Author Topic: The future of the game: let's help write it  (Read 12251 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: The future of the game: let's help write it
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2020, 03:46:56 PM »
Both of yall are saying the people are the problem. That is the issue with many games. RDR2 online is having issues with hackers on some servers. I was on my horse at the edge of Blackwater last night and all of a sudden a metal jail cell dropped on me. Knocked me off my horse and I could not get out.

Problem with the people.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2020, 04:04:36 PM »
Both of yall are saying the people are the problem. That is the issue with many games. RDR2 online is having issues with hackers on some servers. I was on my horse at the edge of Blackwater last night and all of a sudden a metal jail cell dropped on me. Knocked me off my horse and I could not get out.

Problem with the people.

Those are called MODS

The same thing is going on in GTA V online. Ne lucky your internet didn't get locked for a while.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2020, 04:09:28 PM »
Some of the problems with the people can be solved.

Build it so that team "A" MUST take a base from team "B" after they have captured 2 bases from team "C". It will stop the peoples play of just pounding one team down to a few bases.

Get rid of the GV radar squares that pinpoints GVs and just add another dar bar for GVs in that sector. It will get GVers back into GVs if they aren't "highlighted" by the radar square. To compensate making it hard to find GVs, bring the old range numbers back so they can be spotted from the air when they are moving. Knock a 100 yards off the storch is range to keep it relevant.

Put a ceiling on the buffs so we dont have 30k+ porkers milk running in the low number times. 20K is good enough to make only those that WANT to go after them and make the buffs fight for their run instead of playing hide and seek.

Cap the number of planes that can launch from a base. Cuts back on the hording and forces attacking/defending from multiple fields.

Give perks for joining a mission and completing the mission. Porking a bases /taking down all ack for small groups, capture a base for larger groups.

And to get numbers up, open 5 planes and GVs to "FREE" to play IN the main arena. This way new players dont feel like they are wasting money getting killed over and over again. Once they start learning a few tricks they may get the full subscription, but even if they dont your not any worst off than you are now.

How much can be changed with just flipping a switch  or editing a data page I dont know, but little things CAN be adjusted to force a different behaviour from the players. We had far too many NOEs at one point in time and a change in the dar altitude curbed is so it isnt the "go to mission" any more. Other things could be adjusted the same way.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2020, 04:21:23 PM »
Some of the problems with the people can be solved.

Build it so that team "A" MUST take a base from team "B" after they have captured 2 bases from team "C". It will stop the peoples play of just pounding one team down to a few bases.

Get rid of the GV radar squares that pinpoints GVs and just add another dar bar for GVs in that sector. It will get GVers back into GVs if they aren't "highlighted" by the radar square. To compensate making it hard to find GVs, bring the old range numbers back so they can be spotted from the air when they are moving. Knock a 100 yards off the storch is range to keep it relevant.

Put a ceiling on the buffs so we dont have 30k+ porkers milk running in the low number times. 20K is good enough to make only those that WANT to go after them and make the buffs fight for their run instead of playing hide and seek.

Cap the number of planes that can launch from a base. Cuts back on the hording and forces attacking/defending from multiple fields.

Give perks for joining a mission and completing the mission. Porking a bases /taking down all ack for small groups, capture a base for larger groups.

And to get numbers up, open 5 planes and GVs to "FREE" to play IN the main arena. This way new players dont feel like they are wasting money getting killed over and over again. Once they start learning a few tricks they may get the full subscription, but even if they dont your not any worst off than you are now.

How much can be changed with just flipping a switch  or editing a data page I dont know, but little things CAN be adjusted to force a different behaviour from the players. We had far too many NOEs at one point in time and a change in the dar altitude curbed is so it isnt the "go to mission" any more. Other things could be adjusted the same way.

Yes.... some of those will just log. It's a damned if you do and a damned if you don't.

I am all for having more folks back. The problem is the folks.... they changed. The kiddies like fast and furious. No one cares about history today.  Many other factors.

Who knows.... some idea may work, the problem is that it can't be too radical.... the folks supporting it now will bail.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2020, 05:52:01 PM »
The above fixes for GV's will IMHO drive people away rather than encourage more. It sounds great if your bombing a   gv but riding in one and getting nailed every trip is what makes me log off.

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2020, 07:04:23 PM »
The kiddies like fast and furious. No one cares about history today.

why are we going to try for the kids........ just advertise on the History Channel's or the history magazines.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2020, 09:12:50 PM »
coming from a younger pov, i say mature player group, IE informative channel and website advertisment as well as more social media..
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2020, 09:33:26 PM »
The above fixes for GV's will IMHO drive people away rather than encourage more. It sounds great if your bombing a   gv but riding in one and getting nailed every trip is what makes me log off.

Are you referring to Fuji's post? If anything his suggestion will make things easier for GVers - which is the wrong move in my opinion.

The game needs to encourage players taking aircraft in anti-GV action to generate more overall air action. The best way to do this would be to bring back the pre-Storch icon rules for GV's. They need to be easy enough for the average player to spot at a glance. I don't care if it makes the Storch useless because it will make the IL-2, Ju 87G, Hurri IID, and SBD useful again.

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2020, 11:59:06 PM »
if you would just shut up and play.  that's how you can change the game.  surprised to see today 150+.

semp
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 12:12:04 AM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2020, 06:11:41 AM »
if you would just shut up and play.  that's how you can change the game.  surprised to see today 150+.

semp

Prime time yes

Maybe 100 should be a minimum with AI filling in the numbers and adjusting as ppl come and go

I have found the AI in some of the missions as good a fight as many in ma.

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2020, 08:01:27 AM »
No to AI.
For ever and evar Eh-Men!  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2020, 08:31:43 AM »
Are you referring to Fuji's post? If anything his suggestion will make things easier for GVers - which is the wrong move in my opinion.

The game needs to encourage players taking aircraft in anti-GV action to generate more overall air action. The best way to do this would be to bring back the pre-Storch icon rules for GV's. They need to be easy enough for the average player to spot at a glance. I don't care if it makes the Storch useless because it will make the IL-2, Ju 87G, Hurri IID, and SBD useful again.

For people that mostly do mostly GV's how would this encourage them to stay? What a lot of people here dont realize is that there are some of us that suk at fighters, despite some training requests. Take the GV'action away they leave.

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2020, 08:52:32 AM »
As far as AI goes...we already have AI supply trains, convoys, and barges that players can destroy for points.

Why not have some supply aircraft too?

Like formations of transport HE-111s, with AI gunners, every so often to supply whatever is damaged.
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2020, 08:54:49 AM »
If the idea is to take the planes out of the GV war, then take the GV war out of the plane fights. Take away the wirb and flak.

Why have it one way and not the other?
80th FS "Headhunters"

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2020, 09:07:15 AM »
If the idea is to take the planes out of the GV war, then take the GV war out of the plane fights. Take away the wirb and flak.

Why have it one way and not the other?

Bingo!

For people that mostly do mostly GV's how would this encourage them to stay? What a lot of people here dont realize is that there are some of us that suk at fighters, despite some training requests. Take the GV'action away they leave.

You're taking it too far. The idea is not to take GVers and put them in fighters, it's to get some Gvers into tank killer aircraft. Fighters will show up to kill them and other fighters will show up to fight those fighters.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com