Author Topic: Dear Amerika  (Read 16602 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Dear Amerika
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2020, 01:01:23 PM »
You can use Google to find medical source too.... hint hint.  :D

And I have. *hint hint* Have you? Really?  :D

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2020, 01:01:37 PM »
Oh I get that, and from that perspective it wasn't a terrible idea, but the other consequences of that decision seem to have really screwed things up.  It's just a shame it was necessary/they felt it was necessary to do it.

I'm not sure if it would've changed what the people that don't trust what people in authority think anyways, but I think it had a pretty deep impact on a lot of people to not trust what they say going forward.

When they first said masks don't work, I thought it was about as obvious as a 5 year old being asked if they ate all the cookies and saying, "No I didn't." when they're covered in crumbs, but apparently a lot of people were shocked they were lied to.

Wiley.
In the beginning everyone started to bash everyone they could, governors, mayors, Europe, China, the current administration. I was willing to give everyone the benefit of the doubt as nobody really knew what this was for quite a while. Everyone was scrambling, nobody knew what to do, what medicine worked or didn't, where to send people. Nobody knew anything.

But by April-May we started to get a better grasp on what was going on, what needed to be done, etc. and that's where we started seeing the failures by the people in power to do what needed to be done. To this say you still have the current administration saying 'everything is under control' while the country continues to set records for new cases per day. Some states got it right, and some still haven't.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2020, 01:08:07 PM »
That could be fixed from the top down if the Top would wear a mask all the time.

You describe sheep. I do what I deem best for myself and my family. We have always been clean and washed our hands regularly. Which is a big help.

For some that seems to be a learning point.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2020, 01:12:24 PM »
You describe sheep. I do what I deem best for myself and my family. We have always been clean and washed our hands regularly. Which is a big help.

For some that seems to be a learning point.

And you mask in public for what's best for others and their families, right?  :aok

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2020, 01:12:38 PM »
In the beginning everyone started to bash everyone they could, governors, mayors, Europe, China, the current administration. I was willing to give everyone the benefit of the doubt as nobody really knew what this was for quite a while. Everyone was scrambling, nobody knew what to do, what medicine worked or didn't, where to send people. Nobody knew anything.

But by April-May we started to get a better grasp on what was going on, what needed to be done, etc. and that's where we started seeing the failures by the people in power to do what needed to be done. To this say you still have the current administration saying 'everything is under control' while the country continues to set records for new cases per day. Some states got it right, and some still haven't.

We could just shoot all the rioters and criminals. That would solve a huge part of the problem. Jail those that did not want the ban on people coming from china...... another problem.

No... can't do that as every wants to blame someone else. So live with your choices.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2020, 01:14:26 PM »
And you mask in public for what's best for others and their families, right?  :aok

Others are responsible for their families. They make their own choices to go out in public or drive on the roads. If you want me to be responsible for them, they need to do as I say or all bets are off.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2020, 01:15:58 PM »
We could just shoot all the rioters and criminals.

No need to go too far. Just arrest and jail those white supremacists trying to start a civil war by destroying property while pretending to be BLM protestors.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2020, 01:17:10 PM »
Something tells me the guy on the right was not wearing the same mask as the women on the left is...

And that to have a mask work properly it has to be the mask the guy on the right had and wore the way he had it on...pulled tight as hell to keep it out properly.

I have yet to see anyone cough or sneezing with a mask on...which is supposed to be when most germs are expelled..

Eagler

People have different types of skin... who knows.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2020, 01:17:37 PM »
Oh I get that, and from that perspective it wasn't a terrible idea, but the other consequences of that decision seem to have really screwed things up.  It's just a shame it was necessary/they felt it was necessary to do it.

I'm not sure if it would've changed what the people that don't trust what people in authority think anyways, but I think it had a pretty deep impact on a lot of people to not trust what they say going forward.

When they first said masks don't work, I thought it was about as obvious as a 5 year old being asked if they ate all the cookies and saying, "No I didn't." when they're covered in crumbs, but apparently a lot of people were shocked they were lied to.

Wiley.

There was some of that.  There was also some lack of info yet just how airborne this virus was. 
At first I was skeptical about masks.  It wasn't for a month or so that the first studies started coming out showing how long this virus could remain airborne.
I can wash my hands after coming back from the grocery store, but I have to breath while I'm there.  Between other peoples mask and my mask I think we are all safer than if none of us wore masks and safer than if only one of us was wearing a mask.

Cloth masks  aren't perfect, but the supply on N-95 masks probably need to be reserved for first responders and medical personnel.  If nothing else, it might reduce the size of the inoculation you receive which might mean the difference between a mild case and ending up in the bone-yard. 

The people screaming they have the right not to wear a mask in public would probably argue they have the right to drive drunk if they choose.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 01:19:19 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2020, 01:19:41 PM »
Others are responsible for their families. They make their own choices to go out in public or drive on the roads. If you want me to be responsible for them, they need to do as I say or all bets are off.

Was that a 'yes, when I'm out in public I responsibly wear a mask for the good of society' or an attempt at a sociopathic end-run?  :huh

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2020, 01:26:52 PM »

Yup.  In a lot of cases at the time they announced certain things, they were going off the best info they had at the time.  It seems to me a lot of people tore them apart over the stuff they got wrong, and depending on your level of trust of the people in power involved, they could've been BSing at any point too.

As far as what the people in power did/didn't do, my opinion of politicians pretty much all my life has been abysmal.  The current situation has not changed it favorably. ;)

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2020, 01:35:20 PM »
You’re telling me a little mask is supposed to stop me from getting the deadliest virus in US history? The same virus that has a 99% survival rate?  I think I’ll be alright.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2020, 01:36:53 PM »
You’re telling me a little mask is supposed to stop me from getting the deadliest virus in US history? The same virus that has a 99% survival rate?  I think I’ll be alright.

That's an 'all about me' statement if ever there was one.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2020, 01:39:24 PM »
That's an 'all about me' statement if ever there was one.
Nah it’s just the truth. Turn off your tv and go live your life.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2020, 01:41:07 PM »
Nah it’s just the truth. Turn off your tv and go live your life.

Actually, you've already proven you don't care about my life. I'm still stuck caring about yours. Go figure.