Author Topic: Dear Amerika  (Read 16557 times)

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Dear Amerika
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2020, 01:42:20 PM »
I let others make their own choices. If they are wearing a mask, then they should be safe. It shouldn't matter if I am wearing one. Thats the current logic here.

How about this one, when the cases first started in China, how was it so spreadable that doctors who were wearing PPE were still getting sick and dying? I believe the virus has mutated to be less deadly, as it doesn't want to kill its host, but if those doctors were getting it covered in full PPE. To me a mask isn't gonna do much.

I agree with Hajo that we still don't know very much about Covid as I haven't really seen very much coming out about it. All we hear about it is the "vaccine".

They never talk about ways to strengthen your own immune system. They simply want to control you and your psychology by forcing people to wear a mask. It does have a psychological impact as now the world is being treated like a giant hospital and you are the patient.

I have 0 trust in the MSM. 0. And I have little trust for global health organizations after what I've studied about them.

Many studies on patients have shown that HCQ with Zinc does work after 1-2 days, these studies suggest that using it early on will have a positive effect. You can claim all day that there may be side effects, however, the doctors I've heard have not seen any in thousands of patients who were cured. Every country using HCQ early on has had much lower death rates.

I had a very bad reaction to sulfa drugs as a child where my joints and body froze stiff for a week. That doesn't mean they stopped using it on people. Every person's body is different, but we suggest that it works given a large scale of use. Unfortunately, we don't know who will have a bad reaction until they use it. That's the science we should be studying. How do we know if a person will have an allergic reaction? All of those drugs they try to get you to ask your doctor about on TV all have horrible side effects on some people. Imagine that.

I know we are seeing a massive funding to big pharma corps for a vaccine. Just look at the Novavax stock. People are making a killing off of these investments. No wonder they don't want HCQ to work.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 01:46:03 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2020, 01:44:30 PM »
Was that a 'yes, when I'm out in public I responsibly wear a mask for the good of society' or an attempt at a sociopathic end-run?  :huh

Posted in plain english.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2020, 01:45:21 PM »
There was some of that.  There was also some lack of info yet just how airborne this virus was. 
At first I was skeptical about masks.  It wasn't for a month or so that the first studies started coming out showing how long this virus could remain airborne.
I can wash my hands after coming back from the grocery store, but I have to breath while I'm there.  Between other peoples mask and my mask I think we are all safer than if none of us wore masks and safer than if only one of us was wearing a mask.

Cloth masks  aren't perfect, but the supply on N-95 masks probably need to be reserved for first responders and medical personnel.  If nothing else, it might reduce the size of the inoculation you receive which might mean the difference between a mild case and ending up in the bone-yard. 

The people screaming they have the right not to wear a mask in public would probably argue they have the right to drive drunk if they choose.

That's pretty close to my opinion too.  I visited a meat packing plant a few years ago for work, and when they started having breakouts in them with Covid I remember thinking you pretty well couldn't engineer a better environment for it to spread.  With the humidity and still air I'd bet someone's exhalation would hang in an area for an astonishingly long time.

Like I said, IMO some of what people are doing is theater/overkill fueled by people being constantly bombarded with doom and gloom coming from the internet/media, but I think it's not a bad idea.  Washing my hands a few more times and being uncomfortable in a mask if I have to go out seems prudent to me.  I do have the advantage of being quite antisocial though.  :D

The only thing that's chafing at me is I haven't seen my father or sister face to face since Christmas and I really miss playing in pool halls.  Anecdotally, I think when you're not habitually social, taking away the little bit you do has a larger effect than it might if you took away one or two things from most people.

YMMV

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2020, 01:45:30 PM »
 :frown:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 02:21:43 PM by Arlo »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2020, 01:47:46 PM »
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 02:21:58 PM by Arlo »

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2020, 01:49:42 PM »
I let others make their own choices. If they are wearing a mask, then they should be safe. It shouldn't matter if I am wearing one. Thats the current logic here.

Except it's not.  It contains a fair bit of the crap that's spewing out of everybody's face holes so there isn't as much of it getting into the air and it doesn't go as far.  It's just not doing as much to stop stuff from coming into your face holes from outside.

If you're only concerned for yourself and looking to prevent stuff from getting into your face, you need actual PPE.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2020, 01:52:00 PM »
Yes. Society is nothing but a bunch of individuals looking out for only themselves and to hell with everyone else. Drink and drive? Why not? It's a personal choiceEnglish.
lt? Same thing.  :aok

Drinking and driving is never a good idea but far more folks are killed by sober drivers. Wrecks with a drunk driver are listed under drunk driving, even when caused by a sober driver hitting a drunk driver.

If you decide to go out in public, you need to look out for yourself and your family. Do not depend on others to do it for you.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2020, 01:52:11 PM »
Actually, you've already proven you don't care about my life. I'm still stuck caring about yours. Go figure.
You don’t need to care about anything for me. Me and mine take care of ourselves just fine. We survived h1n1 without a mask ;)
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2020, 01:54:09 PM »
If you decide to go out in public, you need to look out for yourself and your family. Do not depend on others to do it for you.

Broken attitude, there. Wear the mask like a responsible human being.  :aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2020, 01:54:50 PM »
You don’t need to care about anything for me. Me and mine take care of ourselves just fine. We survived h1n1 without a mask ;)

Again, not all about just you and yours. Wear a mask like a responsible human being.  :aok

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2020, 01:57:59 PM »
Again, not all about just you and yours. Wear a mask like a responsible human being.  :aok
Nah. Election year viruses don’t bother me so much. I see they got you all bent out of shape though. If your mask is soooooo good it shouldn’t matter if others done wear it. ;)
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2020, 02:00:19 PM »
Enough. My thoughts and opinions stand here. I happen to be standing on the side of wearing a mask for the sake of helping everyone, including myself, get past the pandemic and some are dead set against it for 'freedom' and ' not dying from wearing a mask in a store for 30 minutes' (which, sorry, just sounds stupid and immature).

What can I say? I care more about everyone and not just me (and, well, that's what's best for me, even).

:salute :cheers:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #132 on: August 12, 2020, 02:01:55 PM »
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 02:22:22 PM by Arlo »

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2020, 02:03:11 PM »
Enough. My thoughts and opinions stand here. I happen to be standing on the side of wearing a mask for the sake of helping everyone, including myself, get past the pandemic and some are dead set against it for 'freedom' and ' not dying from wearing a mask in a store for 30 minutes' (which, sorry, just sounds stupid and immature).

What can I say? I care more about everyone and not just me (and, well, that's what's best for me, even).

:salute :cheers:
It's alright man, you can't fix stupid no matter how hard you try.  :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2020, 02:03:20 PM »
Arlo I would not know you and your family if I saw them out on the street. I would treat you and yours like anyone else. If there was a threat nearby, I would take action to protect my family. If I deemed yall to be no threat, I would invite your family into the same protected area. Then and only then, I would give my life to protect you and yours along with mine.

80th FS "Headhunters"