Author Topic: grandkids  (Read 902 times)

Offline Scared

• Zinc Member
grandkids
« on: August 16, 2020, 05:23:41 PM »
just wondering how many grandkids you old farts have. i've already got 8 and I'm still a very youthful 48. lol

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Re: grandkids
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 09:42:28 AM »
Through blood relations, zero. By contract (marriage) 15 with one due in December. I also have 2 greats. Ther contract grandkids are great. One does not have to be genetically related to love them. I do more with the majority of them than their "real" grandparents do. I even play Minecraft with one online.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 09:48:45 AM »
I have 4 and 1 great otw in December.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 11:01:07 AM »
Two.

- oldman

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 11:51:30 AM »
3 We haven't been able to see since feb

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2020, 12:40:35 PM »
3 We haven't been able to see since feb

Eagler

I saw all of mine about 6 weeks back. We had a BBQ at a park. Around 25 family there.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Scared

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2020, 01:10:47 PM »
Through blood relations, zero. By contract (marriage) 15 with one due in December. I also have 2 greats. Ther contract grandkids are great. One does not have to be genetically related to love them. I do more with the majority of them than their "real" grandparents do. I even play Minecraft with one online.

its the love, not the blood that matters man. :aok

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2020, 03:46:07 PM »
10 grandkids and 6 great-grandkids  with no signs of them slowing down any time soon. :rolleyes: :old:
Ground Pounders ...

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2020, 12:05:49 PM »
    Sixteen. And they sure keep me busy!  Love it.

Offline Scared

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2020, 12:11:19 PM »
wow...we are all very lucky!

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2020, 03:18:49 PM »
One. He turned 5 two weeks ago. Love him to bits.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2020, 03:19:13 AM »
its the love, not the blood that matters man. :aok
AMEN!!!!!!! My Son, was a byproduct of Wife's infidelity! I got the best out of that BS!  Yo...Co-worker of Dark/Melanin SOB...Surprise MF'er!! CHILD SUPPORT! Back to topic at hand....he has 3 Kids and my Daughter has 2,(Daughter's, are being raised by the EX)! My Son has been fighting Tooth and Nail...to be involved in his kids Life! Daughter....ME/I come first...where is my next fix? Havent talked to her in YEARS!! So having Tybird as a son makes me PROUD! I couldnt have done better myself...obviously :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2020, 10:28:25 AM »
1stpar3, I understand the situation you were in. My son is all mine but was born during the early stages of the last of my marriage to his Mom. I spent the next several years constantly fighting to stay involved with him. An example of what she was like. I had orders to go to Panama, right after pineapple face was taken prisoner because the Army realized that when you fir all the cops in the nation there is no one to keep the lid on things. So they activated every Reservist who had ANY MP or Police training. A buddy of mine also got the same treatment art our department. Things were still a bit testy with some of the Panamanian hold outs who like to fling a few AK rounds in the direction of some troops. So the night before I leave at 0500 for the airport the ex picks up the kid and hands me a note saying she is moving to California and taking the kid with her. Fortunately one of the folks we spoke to at Ft Benning was the JAG. He was rather miffed that she would do that and had a request for an injunction already on the way to AZ, before I finished getting my Central American vaccinations. Really pissed her off to be handed a court order to leave the kid in AZ if she wanted to go to California. Unfortunately she pretty much ruined Aaron for adulthood. He is almost 35 and still lives with his Mom. I haven't seen him in 5 years now.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2020, 12:33:55 AM »
 :uhoh Wow...a real bad deal! At least my ex, knows I was the best she was gonna do, lol. Found out about 10 years too late :rofl  On a side note: The nurses at Tyler's birth sure did act funny! Wife whiter than I am and...well they called SECURITY :rofl  I saw them and was like"Yes...I know". The fatter one was like"whew". "We had a guy just last week wreck a Delivery Room! I was gonna quit!" :rofl "All because of hair color! Glad you know, cause this had TROUBLE written all over it. Then whispered"He isnt gonna come by is he?"  :rofl Never forget the look on his face :devil I won all the way around :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2020, 11:25:43 PM »
it aint about them it's about the kids.  I remained friendly to my ex gf.  went to the hospital and the nurse handed me that beautiful baby, I just knew then that I couldnt walk away, so I asked her if she wanted to get married.  that beautiful boy turned into a great man.  I dont regret, years after we got divorced and we got a couple of kids, she asked me if i ever loved her, I said, i did, you gave me a great son.  I am proud of all my kids, 2 of mine one of hers, but that little boy, I wouldnt trade him for anything, same for my 2 kids.

after the divorce it wasnt fun.  but I just told her, you ever try to stop me from seeing him, I'll make sure you wont get a penny from me.

he's not my step son, he's my son.  I raised him and I loved him as I did with my other kids.  what happened between their mom and me, wasnt their fault.  but now we are older, we let things go by, we have raised 3 kids we are proud of and the past is the past.  I have 3 grandaughters from my middle girl.  havent met the 2 youngest ones they dont live nearby.  cant wait to see them.

i had an exwife from hell with family working for child support but that's the past.  I call her once in a while and sometimes she comes and visits, we dont talk about the past as it doesnt matter, what matter is the future for our kids and our grandkids.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.