Author Topic: mods and power abuse  (Read 6266 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Re: mods and power abuse
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2020, 02:12:32 PM »
And that's where your thinking goes off kilter.

It went off kilter way before then.. :)
Who is John Galt?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2020, 02:15:02 PM »
It went off kilter way before then.. :)

:cheers: :salute

(Know the feelin'.)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2020, 02:38:11 PM »

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2020, 02:44:58 PM »
I don;t think bringing this to the boards is a mistake because it raises awareness about what standard are being enforced.  :salute

Is there nowhere that it says, "Arguing with a mod on public channel ingame is an instant mute" other than in these threads?  There should be.

Beyond that, at the end of the day depending on how long Moly was on about it on 200, it might fall under the "don't be a dick on channel" common sense clause.  But, we all know some people need the line drawn explicitly in sharpie, crayon, and highlighter before they consider the rule properly explained.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2020, 02:51:21 PM »
Is there nowhere that it says, "Arguing with a mod on public channel ingame is an instant mute" other than in these threads?  There should be.

Beyond that, at the end of the day depending on how long Moly was on about it on 200, it might fall under the "don't be a dick on channel" common sense clause.  But, we all know some people need the line drawn explicitly in sharpie, crayon, and highlighter before they consider the rule properly explained.

Wiley.

:D

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2020, 06:11:02 PM »
I'd agree if that was the case. Moly's version of events is hardly disruptive to the game. Given that arguing with mod get's you kicked, Moly's REAL question is why was he warned for saying what he said.

...so far there are no ligit answers. So his conclusion that he was targeted unfairly has still not been addressed.  :salute

No... absolutely wrong. While the original warning may have not been completely correct, he was muted for the correct reason.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2020, 06:28:41 PM »
No... absolutely wrong. While the original warning may have not been completely correct, he was muted for the correct reason.

I say the original warning was very correct. Moly was parading an issue that served no good purpose and was only ch. 200 noise. Not really any different than the time I created a 'gobble gobble' macro and drunkenly used it on thanksgiving (it may have been mildly amusing the first half dozen times but after that I was muted, understandably, and I played on in amused silence). Did Barney 'nip it in the bud' a little too quick? Meh. Sooner the better, probably.  :aok

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2020, 07:18:03 PM »
I say the original warning was very correct. Moly was parading an issue that served no good purpose and was only ch. 200 noise. Not really any different than the time I created a 'gobble gobble' macro and drunkenly used it on thanksgiving (it may have been mildly amusing the first half dozen times but after that I was muted, understandably, and I played on in amused silence). Did Barney 'nip it in the bud' a little too quick? Meh. Sooner the better, probably.  :aok

I was not there so I have no idea personally. The mute was for arguing about it though.... a definite no no.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2020, 07:47:49 PM »

Thanks for that!

- oldman (we were a silly generation)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2020, 08:50:12 AM »

Wiley.

Don't disagree, But he says he wasn't. So where is the original 200 conversation, and what does it show? So we can all learn.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2020, 08:51:27 AM »
Don't disagree, But he says he wasn't. So where is the original 200 conversation, and what does it show? So we can all learn.  :salute

What do you need to learn here?  :old:

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2020, 08:51:59 AM »

No. We've moved on from the mute to the warning. Clarification needed.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2020, 08:54:03 AM »
What do you need to learn here?  :old:

What he said that warranted a warning, with specifics (topic, frequency, 200 community response) all of which I think would be relevant.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2020, 08:54:12 AM »

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2020, 08:56:38 AM »

Then I consider his complaint valid.
Who is John Galt?