Author Topic: New Stick  (Read 1320 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
New Stick
« on: September 09, 2020, 10:05:16 AM »
Mine is basically shot, can’t hold straight on a field gun let alone another ftr.

I’ve always used the Logitech 3D Extreme Pro for AH and it’s says it’s in stock a lot of places only to put it in the cart and find out they don’t have it...

Please give your best suggestions for something similar.

Thank you.

:salute
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: New Stick
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 10:25:13 AM »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 11:02:00 AM »
IF you can get it setup and have good enough reaction time, bare wire arcing works and adds another dimension to the game.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 11:35:45 AM »
The TM T16000M Eagler suggested is of the same price range as your Logi, yet it's much more accurate. More importantly it's pretty similar in shape and size so you don't have to teach your hand a new position and grip. I felt immediately at home with it when I did the exactly same move. Some rethinking for the top buttons but nothing too radical.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 01:07:02 PM »
Maybe try local pawn shops or thrift stores. Im lucky I got my Extreme 3D pro back in April, They were sold out from December 2019 to March? April? 2020 on Amazon, and I checked now and LOL paying 100% added sticker price for used or "new" 3D extremes (70 to 100 dollars!) When the two I bought (one in 2018, the other in April 2020 mentioned above) were 35 dollars each

Maybe try newegg.com as another website.
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 01:37:45 PM »
If you're looking for a top of the line joystick, VKB line of joysticks and pedals are excellent products.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 02:26:42 PM »
The TM T16000M Eagler suggested is of the same price range as your Logi, yet it's much more accurate. More importantly it's pretty similar in shape and size so you don't have to teach your hand a new position and grip. I felt immediately at home with it when I did the exactly same move. Some rethinking for the top buttons but nothing too radical.

I wanted to like those.  I like it's ambidextrous as a left-hander.

I've bought two of them in the last year and both the twisty axis died or became unstable.  Grrrrr.

Back to CH products.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 02:26:48 PM »
Thank you for all the suggestions!

Yes Svaalbar, they used to be 40$ and get the insurance at Best Buy and only had to pay for a new one + some fees about every three months (with heavy usage). I think they’ve been discontinued but Logitech doesn’t actually say that anywhere I can find so far.

I’ve had them wear out in a month so anything over $40 is too high for them. If I can get a year out of another 150$ sounds about my range, maybe a bit more

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2020, 02:47:12 PM »
Back to CH products.

CH have gone downhill, unreliable and badly assembled. They used to be bomb proof, how times change.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2020, 03:56:31 PM »
CH have gone downhill, unreliable and badly assembled. They used to be bomb proof, how times change.

CH was great back in the day. They never moved foward.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2020, 05:25:22 PM »
I'll 2nd the vote on the T16000. Have had mine about a year with no problems.

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 05:55:19 PM »
https://vkbcontrollers.com/

I'm thinking about trying one of these too...

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 06:04:57 PM »
https://vkbcontrollers.com/

I'm thinking about trying one of these too...

(Image removed from quote.)

I've got the Gunfighter Mk III SCG Premiere, excellent stick with extremely precise and accurate movement.  I also have the VKB T-Rudder Mk IV, again excellent and also extremely precise and accurate.  The  SCG replaced my 23 year old CH Jane's F-16 Combat Stick and the T-Rudders replacing my 20+ year old Pro Pedals.  Just have the Pro Throttle left to replace and that hopefully soon when Virpil gets their throttles restocked.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2020, 05:57:38 AM »
I’m so used to the twisty stick, using one that isn’t would be a big adjustment period. Hmmm

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2020, 08:30:01 AM »
I’m so used to the twisty stick, using one that isn’t would be a big adjustment period. Hmmm

VKB gunfighter MKIII is available with a twist, that's what i use with the Modern Combat Grip. Also have it mounted on their stronghold base with the 8in extension. Took some getting use to going from base being on my right on a desk to center mounted but wouldn't go back. I'm holding out for their throttle so I have matching gear to replace my x52 pro throttle.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 08:33:15 AM by whiteman »