Author Topic: An important call to all scenario players  (Read 4421 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
An important call to all scenario players
« on: September 24, 2020, 03:51:23 PM »
If you -- scenario players in general -- want scenarios to continue, we need your help filling them.

If you don't help recruit, and figure others will do it instead, we aren't going to have enough players to run scenarios.

Most players do not read the message board.

The only way we reach new players is by player-to-player communication in the melee arena.

My network of connections is about 30 people, of which about half play in any given scenario.  But that's not enough to fill a whole scenario.

The October scenario is one week away from running.  It has 9 players registered for axis and 18 for allies.

Can the scenario player base add to that?  That's what we very much need.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 03:52:58 PM by Brooke »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: An important call to all scenario players
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 04:43:18 PM »
I wonder if we could talk HT into approving a number of incentive prizes to be awarded in this event. Nothing extravagant or expensive. Just perk points.

Example:

Highest scoring Allied fighter pilot: 500 fighter perk points
Highest scoring Axis fighter pilot: 500 fighter perk points
Highest scoring Allied bomber pilot: 500 bomber perk points
Highest scoring Axis bomber pilot: 500 bomber perk points

Granted, these awards might be won by pilots that have accrued tons of PP already and maybe that may not be the incentive we need.

A free month of AH each? That shouldn't be too much of a dent. A free month of AH should tempt a few to try their hand at being event top guns (or top bombs).

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 05:26:51 PM »
Brooke,  I wish I had the opportunity to join in on this upcoming event but real life is not cooperating with me for this one

Got my oldest daughter up from Florida to help me and got my Sister's middle daughter and her son (my niece and nephew) here helping me go through my parents house with all the things that they had accumulated over their 54+years of marriage before they passed away these past 2 years...

We've been working on this since last Friday and it doesn't even seem like we have put a dent in it...

Hope to maybe get a chance to be a walk-on in this one....will see how it goes

I'll try to see if I can get some people to respond, register and participate in the upcoming scenario

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 02:01:22 PM »
Brooke,  I wish I had the opportunity to join in on this upcoming event but real life is not cooperating with me for this one

Got my oldest daughter up from Florida to help me and got my Sister's middle daughter and her son (my niece and nephew) here helping me go through my parents house with all the things that they had accumulated over their 54+years of marriage before they passed away these past 2 years...

We've been working on this since last Friday and it doesn't even seem like we have put a dent in it...

Hope to maybe get a chance to be a walk-on in this one....will see how it goes

I'll try to see if I can get some people to respond, register and participate in the upcoming scenario

TC

If you get the chance Johnny I hope to see you there!
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 04:01:02 PM »
I wonder if we could talk HT into approving a number of incentive prizes to be awarded in this event. Nothing extravagant or expensive. Just perk points.

Example:

Highest scoring Allied fighter pilot: 500 fighter perk points
Highest scoring Axis fighter pilot: 500 fighter perk points
Highest scoring Allied bomber pilot: 500 bomber perk points
Highest scoring Axis bomber pilot: 500 bomber perk points

Granted, these awards might be won by pilots that have accrued tons of PP already and maybe that may not be the incentive we need.

A free month of AH each? That shouldn't be too much of a dent. A free month of AH should tempt a few to try their hand at being event top guns (or top bombs).

Sorry Arlo but imho... this game is dead sooner rather than later... dead
I have been on a break for a couple of months but when I do check in, the number of players
really do not look good and those that are on are way better than me... so I don't bother
 :salute
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 04:27:31 PM »
I have been on a break for a couple of months but when I do check in, the number of players
really do not look good and those that are on are way better than me... so I don't bother

you do know i play the game right? I'm like the worst player ever.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 04:44:56 PM »

semp

I can vouch for this person,  :rock

I know as I am just the next rung up on the ladder.

:devil
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 04:50:38 PM »
I can vouch for this person,  :rock
I know as I am just the next rung up on the ladder.

:devil

How many lowest steps can this ladder have? There's got to be one for me.
I could say something about KOTH helping but I say that too much. It's true though.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2020, 04:57:45 PM »

semp

This is not true.  I personally saw Semp single handedly take out 7 attacking fighters that jumped him while he was flying alone on the deck, trying to make it back to base on low fuel to land his 10 kills.  He is a flying version of Bill Brasky.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2020, 05:21:24 PM »
This is not true.  I personally saw Semp single handedly take out 7 attacking fighters that jumped him while he was flying alone on the deck, trying to make it back to base on low fuel to land his 10 kills.  He is a flying version of Bill Brasky.

i was afk and they all hit the trees. lol

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2020, 09:08:45 AM »

The overall pilot numbers in the MA have pretty much stabilized over the past 12 months (with an actual upsurge during the first three months of Corona). Which is imho quite a thing after years of almost constant, steady decline.

The registration numbers for the upcoming scenario however are quite bad, not only in absolute but especially in relative numbers. Traditionally it had between 3.5 to 5.5 % (compared to # of known MA pilots), now it's below 3%.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2020, 09:29:14 AM »
The overall pilot numbers in the MA have pretty much stabilized over the past 12 months (with an actual upsurge during the first three months of Corona). Which is imho quite a thing after years of almost constant, steady decline.

The registration numbers for the upcoming scenario however are quite bad, not only in absolute but especially in relative numbers. Traditionally it had between 3.5 to 5.5 % (compared to # of known MA pilots), now it's below 3%.
IMHO this is not a scenario that appeals to most who fly in AH. We have very few russians.
While overall scenario participation is down, I did not expect this one to be much of a draw. Again.... just my two cents.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2020, 09:32:43 AM »
The Russian side has more players than the Finns. But yeah, to draw pro-Axis participants there needs to be a trifecta advantage for the German rides.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2020, 09:41:04 AM »
The Russian side has more players than the Finns. But yeah, to draw pro-Axis participants there needs to be a trifecta advantage for the German rides.

In that case.... the Finns are obviously running low on refreshments. We need to all pitch in and be sure their supply does not dwindle during the scenario.

We know the Finns are rabid when it comes to their yearly meeting. This year that was interrupted. This allows them to gather and be a force to recon with.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2020, 09:41:53 AM »
IMHO this is not a scenario that appeals to most who fly in AH. We have very few russians.
While overall scenario participation is down, I did not expect this one to be much of a draw. Again.... just my two cents.

Well..... some of the best fights to be had are russians vs German planes. They are almost identical in flying styles.

There will be some great fights during this event. I do hope the #s pick up.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion