Author Topic: How to push a player out  (Read 4108 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: How to push a player out
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2020, 12:12:55 PM »
200 used to be fun on occasion.  Now it's 95%:
Wiley.

I really liked 200 back in the day.

Imagine:  Me (a rather noob) in a Yak fighting a P-51.  We're bobbing & weaving, doing a little dancing.  Pinging each other here or there, waiting to land the heavy shots.
Never happened though.  We would both stall out in the verticle together and try to get a lead while falling down.
Finally I run out of fuel due to damage.  The Pony follows me to the ground as I ditch.  (No choice, I was out of fuel).
The gentleman gave me a <S> and flew home.  He could have shot me while I was on the ground.  Nope, he didn't...
Instead, he got on 200 and asked 'who was the Yak against my P-51?  Good fight'
I thanked him for not killing me on the ground, which he had every opportunity to do so.

Those were the days my friend...  :aok

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2020, 12:38:45 PM »

Imagine:  Me (a rather noob) in a Yak fighting a P-51.  We're bobbing & weaving, doing a little dancing.  Pinging each other here or there, waiting to land the heavy shots.
Never happened though.  We would both stall out in the verticle together and try to get a lead while falling down.
Finally I run out of fuel due to damage.  The Pony follows me to the ground as I ditch.  (No choice, I was out of fuel).
The gentleman gave me a <S> and flew home.  He could have shot me while I was on the ground.  Nope, he didn't...
I thanked him for not killing me on the ground, which he had every opportunity to do so.

Coogan

Those were the good ol' days.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2020, 12:43:47 PM »
Those were and are the rare moments then and now.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2020, 12:43:54 PM »
Those were the good ol' days.

You bet buddy.   :salute

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2020, 12:48:01 PM »
tuning into 200 has one advantage .. it is an easy way to figure out who has class, who doesn't, who gets their buttons pushed easily .. and the ones who all they do is push buttons.. No need to comment back to the whiners

NwBie

Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2020, 01:00:08 PM »
tuning into 200 has one advantage .. it is an easy way to figure out who has class, who doesn't, who gets their buttons pushed easily .. and the ones who all they do is push buttons.. No need to comment back to the whiners

NwBie

Gotta agree with this.  Also, there may be no need, but it can be funny when they get wound up every once in a while.

I don't view all my opponents as enemies like a lot seem to, only the annoying ones.  :D

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2020, 02:00:11 PM »
2Dizzy I hope you reconsider.  It after all is just a game.  As for me I always have 200 tuned because I have many friends who play this game.  From all countries!  You will never see me type on 200 unless it is a salute or saying, conversing with some of the friends I've made in this game since its' inception.  Alas many of my friends since the games' inception no longer participate.  I've been here over 20 years and in that time period I've flown with many many good people in many different squads in FSO and Scenarios.  If I get into a good fight it is a joy.  If I lose it still is a joy and salute those for the fight!  (Not many of those today unfortunately.)

Also..if someone comments negatively on how you play the game, you can always ask them to pay your subscription!  You pay........you play the way you wish.  Don't the comments of a few deter you from having fun.

reconsider!  By the way if you fly FSO and Scenarios you will get to meet many new people.  It will make the game more enjoyable for you!
- The Flying Circus -

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2020, 02:07:05 PM »
2Dizzy I hope you reconsider.  It after all is just a game.  As for me I always have 200 tuned because I have many friends who play this game.  From all countries!  You will never see me type on 200 unless it is a salute or saying, conversing with some of the friends I've made in this game since its' inception.  Alas many of my friends since the games' inception no longer participate.  I've been here over 20 years and in that time period I've flown with many many good people in many different squads in FSO and Scenarios.  If I get into a good fight it is a joy.  If I lose it still is a joy and salute those for the fight!  (Not many of those today unfortunately.)

Also..if someone comments negatively on how you play the game, you can always ask them to pay your subscription!  You pay........you play the way you wish.  Don't the comments of a few deter you from having fun.

reconsider!  By the way if you fly FSO and Scenarios you will get to meet many new people.  It will make the game more enjoyable for you!

what He said!!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2020, 02:31:41 PM »
200: Shuffler is a poo poo haed so thare  :D

Hey.... I resemble that remark.   :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 2Dizzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2020, 03:54:27 PM »
Hajo,
Thanks for you're reply. Its supportive and helps me a bit to get a clear perspective without the emotional fuzz.  I'll really will reconsider. I'll contact DutchVII, he's active in FSO and scenario's -I think- (and a countryman). May be he can give me some help and get me on that trail.
In the meantime I'll try to cool my headroom with some ice cubes.  :cool:

<S> Dizz

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2020, 03:55:38 PM »
Those were and are the rare moments then and now.

If not absolutely absent  :D
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2020, 04:10:39 PM »
Make yourself a squelch list (a 3 x 5 card should be big enough).  :D  When you log on into the Melee arena right click on that offensive players call sign in the roster and simply click squelch voice and click squelch text. Your problem is solved.  :cool:

There are some players I like a lot, but if they are talking way too much and I cannot hear the enemy GV start up, then
I squelch them too. No one gets offended because they do not know they have been squelched nor can they push your buttons to get a rise out of you. It works
for 200 as well.

:salute

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Train45

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2020, 04:29:50 PM »

Coogan

im guilty of shooting planes on the ground. But a few weeks ago this c47 pilot kept upping and I shot him down a few times, the last time he upped I kept buzzing him but not shooting, trying to guide him back to his home.....he didn't get the message and a friendly shot him down eventually. These days no one expects any kind of leeway.

also, i never tune 200, but i do miss the cross country messaging ability.

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2020, 09:39:40 PM »
im guilty of shooting planes on the ground. But a few weeks ago this c47 pilot kept upping and I shot him down a few times, the last time he upped I kept buzzing him but not shooting, trying to guide him back to his home.....he didn't get the message and a friendly shot him down eventually. These days no one expects any kind of leeway.

also, i never tune 200, but i do miss the cross country messaging ability.

you are also guilty of being a p51 base vulching monkey... at least tonight you were :) <S>  :cheers:
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2020, 12:26:39 PM »
These days no one expects any kind of leeway.

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!
- TWBYDHAS