Author Topic: Reward bombers for landing  (Read 5038 times)

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
Reward bombers for landing
« on: October 09, 2020, 07:07:45 PM »
Bomb and bailing has been a problem for many years, but as it is very cancerous it should be addressed.  People around here don't like being punished, so how about we find a way to reward landing bombers further than the current system does?  I pay $15 a month because I love intercepting bombers, I'll spend 20-30 minutes chasing someone for them to bail over half of the time before im in icon range.  I can't continue my life like this, please HiTech, help a brother out.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Reward bombers for landing
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 07:14:23 PM »
Just negate the flight when they bail. Points and all.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 07:17:53 PM »
Add this text to the game

SYSTEM: (playername) bombed and bailed because they are too scared to fight

Then they are publicly shamed in the MA for being a wuss
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 09:30:13 PM »
For every bomber that lands everybody takes a drink.

For every bomber that bombs and bails everybody takes a hit off a joint.

Those are the kind of rewards that would get me back into the game.

The code can't be that hard to implement.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 09:35:42 PM »
Just negate the flight when they bail. Points and all.

Up a formation of B-29's, lead gal gets her wing clipped, if I don't bail, I lose the perk cost of the other two gals.  But, if I bail I'm going to lose out on that anyway???

Yeah, that's gonna definitely keep people playing.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 09:40:05 PM »
Up a formation of B-29's, lead gal gets her wing clipped, if I don't bail, I lose the perk cost of the other two gals.  But, if I bail I'm going to lose out on that anyway???

Yeah, that's gonna definitely keep people playing. (Image removed from quote.)

Pretty sure it would apply to undamaged bombers that have recently done damage.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2020, 09:56:36 PM »

But if a disconnect happens?  Ye only have a short window to get back on before it drops you completely.  Also, I have at times ripped the wings off my B-17 by accident, by going into auto-climb while in a shallow dive.  Will rip the wings clean off.  Since I wasn't damaged by an enemy....well.  If this doesn't count then ultimately what would keep someone from just lawndarting???

Overall I like the idea, get bonus perks for coming home.  But chances are they will still bail after hitting a factory, since folks can resupply said factories.  Remove that, add in the bonus of bringing bombers home, then ye might be on something.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2020, 09:58:24 PM »

i would just fly low over the strats take damage then bail.

I'll join you guys with the idea bombers fight to the death,  the day you force fighters attacking bombers to fight to death.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2020, 10:21:28 PM »
But if a disconnect happens?  Ye only have a short window to get back on before it drops you completely.  Also, I have at times ripped the wings off my B-17 by accident, by going into auto-climb while in a shallow dive.  Will rip the wings clean off.  Since I wasn't damaged by an enemy....well.  If this doesn't count then ultimately what would keep someone from just lawndarting???

Overall I like the idea, get bonus perks for coming home.  But chances are they will still bail after hitting a factory, since folks can resupply said factories.  Remove that, add in the bonus of bringing bombers home, then ye might be on something.

Disconnects already have their own mechanic, if you aren't able to return in time, that's a problem on your end. 

But like I said before, people don't like punishment, and they will find ways to get around it.  But destroying your own plane by accident is a rare occurrence and you aren't bailing from all 3, just one.  The problem we face is people dropping bombs on strats and bailing when they realize they are being intercepted.  I'm not even a very successful bomber killer, so little do they know they have a great chance of shooting me down and returning home.  I just like to have some action for the hours I invest every day chasing bombers.  Not intercepting people should not be a viable answer. 

Bombers getting kills counts nothing for score, so you shouldn't care too much if a plane makes it home after attacking you, you've done your job in defending your formation.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2020, 10:26:40 PM »

Yeah, that's gonna definitely keep people playing. (Image removed from quote.)

No one is penalized for bailing out of a plane that can't fly.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2020, 10:31:32 PM »
i would just fly low over the strats take damage then bail.

I'll join you guys with the idea bombers fight to the death,  the day you force fighters attacking bombers to fight to death.

semp

They do or fly home. They are already under the rule. Bombers should do the same.

The fighter bails, it is a kill for the bomber. If he flies home, it's not.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2020, 01:42:30 AM »
They do or fly home. They are already under the rule. Bombers should do the same.

The fighter bails, it is a kill for the bomber. If he flies home, it's not.

normally I do not bail at the sight of fighters, unless it is to take advantage of the situation.  for example, once i flew low with no bombers over a port that was being attacked, had already sunk the cv and we had taken the port but they were trying to take it back.  all the dorks in fighters followed me and forgot about the goon.  we killed the goon easily.  had little ammo by then as I had been attacked by a figher so I dragged the fighters away, cv respawned, i bailed came back in fighter and we killed them.

sometimes I will hit strats and facing 45 minutes flight back, i"ll bail.  now having a darbar in the sector doesnt mean it is a fighter as many times I just found a bomber taking off to hit our strats. so I'll bail and go find the bomber or give alert and somebody else intercepts 1/2 way.

some other times I just got hit hard by ack, I am too damaged and have no patience for a fighter to get in a position to attack.  once I waited 30 minutes till he had 10k over me.  saw him dive and bailed.  that was because I was talking to my wife, i didnt expect to find my bombers up in the air while I was gone. otherwise I would have bailed before.

I sank the same cv 6 or 7 times last night with fighters around, they were too busy climbing while I dropped bombs and rtb.  my base was only 1 sector away.  you think they would have just, I dont know meet me 1/2 way?  not like I was at 20k, i was 6k max everytime.

so no, excuse if I dont cry for you argentina, guys in fighters want to attack bombers on their terms, I have the option to fight on my terms. which includes not fighting at all.  you think those guys over the cv had that choice?

and by the way, bombers already have extra perks for landing.  you dont land either by getting shot down or bailing dont get full perks.  that's how it is.

and before you even question that, be aware, unless I already have altitude I wont take 10 or 20 minitues to climb if I am at the same altitude.  i get behind bombers slow down to match their speed and shoot from 1k out.  killed many that way.  I get shot down a lot but I am not afraid of it.

once more thing if you bother to look at the map every 5 or 10 minutes you will know if there's a strat raider or not.  they take off from rear bases.  your lack of planing is not my concern.  it takes 45 minutes to 1 hour to get to your strats, unless you are in a really small map.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2020, 01:43:56 AM »
Bomb and bailing has been a problem for many years, but as it is very cancerous it should be addressed.  People around here don't like being punished, so how about we find a way to reward landing bombers further than the current system does?  I pay $15 a month because I love intercepting bombers, I'll spend 20-30 minutes chasing someone for them to bail over half of the time before im in icon range.  I can't continue my life like this, please HiTech, help a brother out.

All because you couldn't get some kills.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2020, 01:48:10 AM »

No; All because 20-30 minutes were spent climbing into the void. :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2020, 02:00:26 AM »

I quite often die to bombers that don't bail.   The beef is that the game we are paying to play has treatable cancer.