Author Topic: Vehicle Spawn camping/Spawn routine. Poll  (Read 2303 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Vehicle Spawn camping/Spawn routine. Poll
« on: October 12, 2020, 11:11:01 AM »
Yes or no. "I like the current method for vehicle spawning, and wouldn't change a thing"

No 
Who is John Galt?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Vehicle Spawn camping/Spawn routine. Poll
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 11:47:42 AM »
I will die in a vehicle anyway..... so....    (    )     :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 11:58:08 AM »
Ummmm, okay....questionmark?   :headscratch:

I'm confuzzled.  :uhoh
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 01:57:27 PM »

as am i... Sometimes you're the camper sometimes you're the one killing the campers... So I guess the answer is yes.. Leave it be it's literally a blast
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 02:01:12 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 02:03:39 PM »

as am i

I think hes asking if your ok with the way GV spawns are set now.

His vote is NO.

My vote would be NO also. While its the only way for me to get a kill in a GV  :) I think spawn camping is far too easy. Id like to see the "random spawn" generator poll the last spawn and then pick a random spot 1/2 a mile away from the last one. This way a player cant just sit there a pop guys spawning in time after time. It gives the guys spawning in a chance to get rolling and find cover or make some kind of run.

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 02:46:11 PM »

My vote would be NO also. While its the only way for me to get a kill in a GV  :) I think spawn camping is far too easy. Id like to see the "random spawn" generator poll the last spawn and then pick a random spot 1/2 a mile away from the last one. This way a player cant just sit there a pop guys spawning in time after time. It gives the guys spawning in a chance to get rolling and find cover or make some kind of run.

My vote would be yes... I am a lousy shot whether in aircraft or vehicle
 :salute
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2020, 03:02:04 PM »
Id like to see the "random spawn" generator poll the last spawn and then pick a random spot 1/2 a mile away from the last one. This way a player cant just sit there a pop guys spawning in time after time. It gives the guys spawning in a chance to get rolling and find cover or make some kind of run.

Ummmm,

I might have my numbers mixed up, but I thought I read that HT has the spawn points set so that a GV randomly spawns in at points up to 1,500 yds in diameter from the spawn point. Or was it that the diameter of the spawn point was 1500yds?

Either way a 1/2 mile is = to 880yds which really doesn't do anything but put a GV right in the sweet spot for the kill. . . .but I get what you are saying.

I don't have an opinion either way. My motto is "If It moves w/out a Friendly Icon on its skin - It gets the bullet again". . . . lol

I'm pretty sure that Motto is similar to what I saw written on 2 dozen other guys's tanks too. . . .  .lol

Offline Mothman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2020, 03:07:47 PM »
You really want to make the game a challenge, have players select which VH hanger they can spawn from. or have fighter & Bombers select which hanger they can come out of. This will help with the VH base is camped or the airfield has a vulcher. That will make camping much harder for 99% of the people playing. I think they should make both sides GV spawn in within 2k from each other. Those are the best long lasting fights.  :devil

If they really want to change something, get-rid of the ENY. Ridiculous to only have 11 players on and ENY is almost 30.  Make the Game only have two sides and remove ENY. The game no long has the 1000+ players it once had.

DALE I am still waiting on the Radio update were GVs can turn off Air Traffic on local range.

~Mothman~  :airplane:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2020, 03:22:53 PM »
mothman, found a curious thing about eny with less than 10 players last night.

it may have changed.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2020, 11:09:55 PM »
You really want to make the game a challenge, have players select which VH hanger they can spawn from. or have fighter & Bombers select which hanger they can come out of. This will help with the VH base is camped or the airfield has a vulcher. That will make camping much harder for 99% of the people playing. I think they should make both sides GV spawn in within 2k from each other. Those are the best long lasting fights.  :devil

If they really want to change something, get-rid of the ENY. Ridiculous to only have 11 players on and ENY is almost 30.  Make the Game only have two sides and remove ENY. The game no long has the 1000+ players it once had.

DALE I am still waiting on the Radio update were GVs can turn off Air Traffic on local range.

~Mothman~  :airplane:

want through a yes or no in for the op?
Who is John Galt?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2020, 12:05:29 AM »
want through a yes or no in for the op?

what is the point of it?  most players dont even come here to the bb.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2020, 10:57:02 AM »
I think hes asking if your ok with the way GV spawns are set now.

His vote is NO.

Ah.  Then I would also have to vote NO.

The only thing I can think of right off is to create a fort type setup with AT guns.  AT guns would be inside the walls, where any one gun can cover the entire interior and entrance/exits.  These guns will only cover the interior to clear campers.  Give em a 5m DT or less that respawn already pointed at the nearest camper (if any are inside the fort).  Put them far enough away from the indestructible walls as to not get taken out by HE splash damage from a hit on the outside part of the wall.

Obviously this would require a reworking of all maps, and readjustments of areas around a GV spawn zone so this isn't negated by terrain easily.

Another, probably easier option would be, readjust the terrain in and around the GV spawn zones into "earthen forts", so to speak.  Basically a deal of small hills around the zone.  This one just occurred to me while typing up the first one. heh  Needs more coffee. :o

Now, neither won't completely remove the ability to spawn camp in one form or another.  For example: If you want to spawn snipe tanks at 7k away, knock yourself out.  I've done it before on Trinity, W side of TT mountain ranges.  There was the airfield that was outside the "delta"(?) from the valley that ran more or less from center-ish out the W.  There the spawn into the area put them WAY outside the base on the mountain slope, and had them come down from there.  I used to take a Tiger and sit on the field somewhere or in town and pick off folks as they spawned and came down the hill.  Now technically I was spawn camping but...  :D

I miss Trinity, if only for that one spot on the map.  I've both attacked and defended that field.  Spawn up the hill, start rolling down towards the field or town, see tracers come up from both.  Sitting on the bottom, inside the town (which is usually where I went) or on the field somewhere, watching folks come rolling down the hill shelling base and town.  There were a few times where I got to witness some fairly large GV battles there, and boy was it intense.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2020, 11:05:39 AM »
I see people landing 49 kills. Im not sure that having. shooting gallery is the best way to approach establishing a way to defend against incoming vehicles.

I’d keep it simple. one thing thats makes camping super easy is that enemies always spawn facing along the spawn arrow. so campers sit behind them knowing it takes a lot of time to turn the turret. Id change it so spawnies can pick the direction they face when spawning in.  that way after getting killed two or three times they have a chance to make it an even fight.

but I wonder if HTC like the “ducks in a barrel” aspect of it?
and do the players? 
Who is John Galt?

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2020, 11:22:53 AM »
GV'ers love to camp. But if it is camped and you are upping......you do have the choice to up or not  :D   You can ask some of your buddies to help you break up the camp and all spawn at once.

:salute

btw......that mean ol' scotty used to always figure out where my M-8 was hiding when he was a Bish   LOL
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2020, 12:08:47 PM »
NO, always ways to improve.