Author Topic: Key Reason why ENY is stupid  (Read 20709 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Key Reason why ENY is stupid
« on: October 13, 2020, 02:19:54 PM »
scenario playing out today. 26 bish,  24 knits,  8 Rooks.

ENY keeps fluctuating (20-30) every time a someone logs on or off. So I'm waiting for the VH to pop to save the base from incoming M3s. It pops I launch. OOPPS!  ENY has dropped again so I have to go back the clip board and select a different vehicle. In the time lost to look for, select, grab ammo, and launch the M3 takes the base.

ENY only affect is to frustrate everyone playing.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: Key Reason why ENY is stupid
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 03:07:42 PM »
While I totally agree with you regarding ENY when there is less than 60 or so players, why not grab a T-34/76 or something capable of defending quickly that you know you can launch?

Having said that, ENY in effect when one side has less than 10 is ridiculous. The system is in place for good reason, but it was not designed for sides with less than 10 people.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 03:39:51 PM »
Vinkman, sorry but you should have stayed in whatever vehicle you had. that was your mistake. any vehicle will kill an m3 and troops.

eny has nothing to do with your claim.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 03:58:44 PM »
No, been on and it said we had 10 when it was actually only 4 in flight defending against 32 knights. Suck it up and fly 32 P-40's in there, no reason 4 guys should be defending against a wall of 51's, spit 16's and Doras.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 04:39:16 PM »
So no one jumped over to help the rooks. People are broken. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 05:03:58 PM »
Yes ..it is a bit crazy when you have 8, 6, 1 and you have an ENY of 14 and 9 respectively

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 05:19:27 PM »

last night we came within 2 bases to win the map.  some lost interest and 2 bishops stopped us cold. we still had fun. it's not how many you face but how willing are they to defend.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2020, 05:50:56 PM »
No, been on and it said we had 10 when it was actually only 4 in flight defending against 32 knights. Suck it up and fly 32 P-40's in there, no reason 4 guys should be defending against a wall of 51's, spit 16's and Doras.

Agreed.  :cheers:

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2020, 08:31:39 PM »

Agreed.

- oldman (and the P-40 is a pretty nice plane, once you get to know it)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2020, 10:54:44 PM »

This is the real problem as ENY does not create enough incentive to switch.

A player who knows they have to wait 6 hours to switch back might be reluctant to switch to even up #s.

A person who is looking for action doesn't want to switch to the rooks and fight no one when the other 2 teams are fighting each other.

I think ENY restrictions from 12am est to 12pm est should perk planes rather than make them not playable at all. People will leave before they switch if they can't fly their plane at all. They will pay perks and stay though if they can fly their plane.

IMO, ENY with low #s doesn't have a huge impact unless the other team cannot fly heavy bombers. Having to take down a town with 45 eny planes is not that easy. It can even prevent a team from winning the map because they don't have a vehicle spawn. Far bases can make it boring when you have to fly slow planes.

If you do switch to the low #s side to fight the team you were just fighting with.... that can make it awkward. Many players are team loyal. Again, another reason not to switch.

A yak3 is 18 eny... it can outfight just about any plane in here. Its the second most popular plane with a far better K/D than the P51. ENY has to be very lopsided inorded to not be able to fly a yak3, therefore ENY isn't really doing much from preventing top fighters from the fight. ENY mostly hurts bombers a lot, which can deter players who like to do late night, early morning, bombing runs to smash towns and factories.

I believe ENY doesn't give a player enough incentive to switch, it gives them another reason to log off. They would pay perks to be able to fly their plane but don't want to switch due to low action on that side, fighting your previous team, 6 hour side switch time, and country loyalty.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 10:56:37 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2020, 11:34:49 PM »
Wait, so let me get this straight: You are on a side that has high numbers while there is a side with very low numbers, with fluctuating ENY, chose an object that could become restricted if ENY changes for the worse, but rather than choosing something that won't become restricted during these times (and apparently during a critical time in this case), opted to stick with what you had selected and ended up being unable to up because the object your chose ended up restricted right when hanger popped?

Yeah, you gambled, and you lost.  You should have chosen something that wouldn't risk being ENY locked at all, especially if it was fluctuating like you said it was.

And how could it take so long to choose something that's white and just launch? :headscratch:  It's a scramble, you go out with whatever is onboard and make due. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2020, 01:19:29 AM »
ENY is out of control
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2020, 02:43:31 AM »
I know zip, about coding! How hard would it be, to perk ALL Planes, as far as ENY goes? We have Perk Tanks,Jets and Super Hogs...so...   
What is the point of getting perks, if you cant use them? Like "Current"(might be a good time to adjust the Yak3 usability?🤷‍♂️🤣) ENY ratings values(but in reverse perk values...5=30 an 30 =5) x ENY/ Perk Bonuses?????????Just an example...would prefer it to come out on the High Cost side.  IMH, this would solve the "ENY? FRICK! See ya'll tomorrow!" situation! Folk just WONT try to even the Numbers...this way they wont have too. True, as I understand it, ENY acts like a "Handi-cap" in Golf? Yes, most of us have enough perk points to last for months, and it might not make "Fighting The Herd" any easier but it might keep folk in the Arena.
FIGHT THE HOARDE....Delete their Perk points...Watch them cry!!!! :devil
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 02:53:26 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2020, 04:40:42 AM »
This thread shows that eny is working.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2020, 06:10:38 AM »
This thread shows that eny is working.

If by working you mean making players leave and HTC looses an income source than ya it's doing wonders, at least if the intentions where to kill off the game.

Lets be honest I rarely see more than a 100 players in the Melee arena at prime time. At night there are usually less than 30. I have never seen the MA with more than 200 since I've been back. The game and it's community is dying, and I don't think Life support is going to work for much longer!

We got to this point for a reason and I don't think the blame lies with the player base or competition.

I log in a 11pm Pacific Time with 30 people on and an ENY value so high I can't fly a single corsair model, it honestly makes me want to cancel my subscription.

The game is Ugly, it's Buggy, there are barely enough players to support it, and while it isn't war thunder it isn't really up their in the realism department either, least war thunder looks pretty but so does IL2:GB and DCS .... Heck even Il2:1946 with a mod looks and plays better, you just don't have a persistent 1000 player server/arena. How many planes are jacked up nerfed or perked for "Player Balance" .... You can't have balance without players and we really don't have the players any more.

Ask TC Drano Joker and Bech how many times I got pissed off and logged off due to NMY. Simply put this frustration isn't worth the money I pay for it and I do it far more for my squad and the game's Community than anything else .... as many of us have notice there isn't a lot of community left. The only thing keeping me from canceling right now is the very few friends I have left in it and "The Bowling Equation" The game with FSO and Scenarios cost less, takes less effort and is about as much fun as bowling league. However my bowling ball cost a lot less than my throttle alone did let alone my computer.

As soon as DCS releases the Corsair module with the Essex class carrier and map, I'm probably going to bail on AH the first time I get screwed by NMY and can't even fly an early F4u1 at 1am PT.

To bad the IL2 Guys are fixated on Eurotrash but at least they have a p38j with dive flaps I can fly without worrying about NMY Putting a huge thick glass plane in my cockpit obstructing my view.

NMY is one of the many things hurting this game and one of the easiest to fix.

The simplest fix and easiest to implement is to disable or restrict it when the over all arena numbers fall below a certain number like 50 and enable unlimited or at least much less restrictive country changes, at least in a way that doesn't trap a player in the new country when NMY turns off.

Here is a thread that touches on the matter way back in 2011 right before I left AH for nearly 10 years (The 2 weeks I came back in 2016ish don't count) for SWTOR. It's kind of been a problem for a long time. At least then we had problem of getting into one of the first couple of 500 man late war arenas. Kinda miss that now.

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,318265.0.html
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 06:44:57 AM by Mayhem »
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!