Author Topic: Nothing says 'dont play here' like ENY  (Read 5752 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Nothing says 'dont play here' like ENY
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2020, 05:15:14 AM »
The reason for the multiple threads is the folks who do not read forum rules.

Goodness flying a different aircraft for a few sorties and these Karens act like they have to see the manager.. and make 10 threads about it.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2020, 07:36:31 AM »
Goodness flying a different aircraft for a few sorties and these Karens act like they have to see the manager.. and make 10 threads about it.

Quite funny, actually.  :rofl

Offline TBlayde

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2020, 11:18:14 AM »

*Rolls Eyes* Right, w/e.

It's not very entertaining to fight a Ford Mustang with a roadmaster mountain bike. It takes long enough to get to the target on maps that were designed to hold hundreds in something fast. Having to pedal a much slower plane because the other side has 5 more players is a non-starter. Add to that most times it's multiple late ware planes against my one early war.

That's not 'fun'. Switching sides works until there's 3 or 4 more on the other side which happens quite often within the switch limit then the same garbage starts all over again.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2020, 12:27:06 PM »
Well I fly a mid war plane High ENY most of the time so that part of it doesn't affect me directly...but it does affect me... and I find the ENY to be stupid .. last night (my primetime) 7 players in the arena ... 1 Bish  2 Rook .07 ENY 4 Knits 5.7 ENY ... Why???
by the time I logged off dare I say it 2 hours later there were 8 players total... This was a particularly bad night... normally of late we have at least 14 players...

now sure those ENY numbers are not high... but still you have to question why... look at total numbers...
when we do have the 14 we get a much different ENY I have seen it up to 25 .... 14 people total in the arena....Now I don't believe ENY is the total cause of the dwindling numbers at my time...it has always been low...but I can say for certain it has not helped...people do get fed up with it and the regulars are now not even popping in for a look... I need to work out what the heck I am going to do with all my spare time because this is getting bad...

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2020, 12:49:32 PM »
I am running a test with  ENY side balancing disabling.

Will see what happens.
I am fairly sure I know what will happen but will see.

HiTech

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2020, 01:11:33 PM »
Obviously you don't understand why there is eny.

No one has to be under eny, they just choose to.

Your defending a goofy game rule by saying it can be avoided. Explain why it shouldn't be eliminated? what value does it bring to a player?
Who is John Galt?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2020, 01:14:42 PM »

Will see what happens.

HiTech

Thanks HT

For me there will be no change as it has never affected my game play.

Appreciate you listening and trying something

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2020, 01:16:58 PM »
Your defending a goofy game rule by saying it can be avoided. Explain why it shouldn't be eliminated? what value does it bring to a player?

Geez, for the umpteen millionth time. It gives outnumbered sides at least a fighting chance since their being outnumbered is at least somewhat mitigated by making the horde use something other than the uberest of rides with which to roll the map. Basic concept.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2020, 02:18:45 PM »
Geez, for the umpteen millionth time. It gives outnumbered sides at least a fighting chance since their being outnumbered is at least somewhat mitigated by making the horde use something other than the uberest of rides with which to roll the map. Basic concept.

Now we're getting to it. Who is asking for mitigation? Is the outnumbered side expressing their happiness with this mitigation? It's theorized that mitigation will make the outnumbered side happier. Any evidence it makes them happier than it makes the "mitigated" frustrated? This is an attempt to create "fairness" and claiming ENY provides it, and that the resulting fairness leads to happier players.

I don't see a lot of "Thank God ENY helped me" posts. The whines of limitation will always outnumber the cheers for "mitigation".  I've seen nothing to indicate the cries of being outnumbered or horded have subsided due to this supposedly helpful "mitigating" process. Ot perhaps the goal is to even out the crying? That might seem fair, but I'd argue against it.

Hence the overwhelming evidence is that it is a net loser for the game. If it disappeared no one would miss it.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2020, 02:30:11 PM »
I don't see a lot of "Thank God ENY helped me" posts. The whines of limitation will always outnumber the cheers for "mitigation".  I've seen nothing to indicate the cries of being outnumbered or horded have subsided due to this supposedly helpful "mitigating" process. Ot perhaps the goal is to even out the crying? That might seem fair, but I'd argue against it.

Hence the overwhelming evidence is that it is a net loser for the game. If it disappeared no one would miss it.  :salute

Well that's a fantastic example of presumptive thought. People don't generally go around excited and thankful for things that don't bother them. A false equivalency doesn't add weight to a faulty perception.  :old:

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2020, 02:51:21 PM »

Will see what happens.

HiTech

I don't believe a total disabling is what's being called for.... A different threshold for when it kicks in and how heavy handed it is. Numbers per side (plus minus squiggly thingee) total player arena (plus minus squiggly thingee) total whines recorded (plus minus squiggly thingee #no nonsensesense!!@you got this. I don't know computer but it is all just math in the end isn't it? There must be an equation that works... who knows there could be a Fields medal in it....click here to see the simple 44 page equation that changed the face of gaming hahahaha

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2020, 03:14:11 PM »
maybe they what it's purpose was but that's not what is actually happening now unless you're counting tower sitters... For the millionth time
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2020, 03:21:43 PM »
maybe (that was) it's purpose was but that's not what is actually happening now unless you're counting tower sitters... For the millionth time

You control your own ENY disability .... for the millionth time. (And yes, chess piece fanatic loyalty, squad separation anxiety, and 'you can't make me' prevents that ... and all.)  :D

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2020, 03:29:40 PM »
You control your own ENY disability .... for the millionth time. (And yes, chess piece fanatic loyalty, squad separation anxiety, and 'you can't make me' prevents that ... and all.)  :D
my main plane set is a Brewster ENY unaffected I've also been playing all three chess pieces but that's not the point that's just me other paying customers may not want to
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2020, 03:39:30 PM »
my main plane set is a Brewster ENY unaffected I've also been playing all three chess pieces but that's not the point that's just me other paying customers may not want to

Well, that's good to hear but do you really believe that you are playing advocate for what's in the best interest of all other players? Other paying customers is a lot of people and not just a half dozen disgruntled ones who have made this their be all/end all issue.