Author Topic: College football 2020  (Read 27941 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: College football 2020
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2020, 10:00:06 PM »
Wow... the Gators are so stupid. Our defense literally screws us again and our kicker misses the kick of his life. All at their own stadium. Just pure devastation.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2020, 04:40:46 AM »
My 10-year-old daughter's favorite team is the Gators since she was about 5.

She has always loved alligators.

As badly as you are feeling right now, consider that at least the Gators are not having the year the Wolverines are having.  Maybe it can help you feel a little better.   :uhoh

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2020, 10:53:44 PM »
My 10-year-old daughter's favorite team is the Gators since she was about 5.

She has always loved alligators.

As badly as you are feeling right now, consider that at least the Gators are not having the year the Wolverines are having.  Maybe it can help you feel a little better.   :uhoh

Haha that's pretty cool. Thats also one reason I like them a lot myself. My father worked at UF in the laser lab for some time. I adopted it as "my team" for the college sports world because of it. (Coolest day of my middle school career was walking into my science class with a lazer guitar for my science project 😎)

I wonder what that guys punishment is for throwing the shoe. Our defense wasn't going to beat Alabama anyway.

Michigan certainly imploded. Do yall have a new team or QB? It is a weird season though so perhaps just a fluke.
You know Jim Harbaugh is beating their prettythanges into shape right now.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2020, 12:08:47 AM »
Haha that's pretty cool. Thats also one reason I like them a lot myself. My father worked at UF in the laser lab for some time. I adopted it as "my team" for the college sports world because of it. (Coolest day of my middle school career was walking into my science class with a lazer guitar for my science project 😎)

I wonder what that guys punishment is for throwing the shoe. Our defense wasn't going to beat Alabama anyway.

Michigan certainly imploded. Do yall have a new team or QB? It is a weird season though so perhaps just a fluke.
You know Jim Harbaugh is beating their prettythanges into shape right now.

He was not punished at all from what I have read. The coach does not hold him responsible and even says the player should not feel responsible.. The gators were beat because they played poorly. The shoe thing was just icing on the cake.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2020, 12:11:59 AM »
Do yall have a new team or QB?

Both.  The team lost (to the NFL, graduation, and opt out) last year's starting QB, last year's starting offensive line, last year's starting defensive line, and both starting cornerbacks.

Then injury took a bunch of 2020's starters, including the two top offensive linemen, the two top defensive linemen, and the top linebacker.   And then the starting QB.   Then a bunch of people on the team got Covid, and they had to cancel their last two games.

I think that they have a lot of talented guys, including at QB, but 2020 was cursed for them.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 01:27:35 AM by Brooke »

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2020, 12:19:55 PM »
As I said before, this season is a throwaway because of the virus.  The opt-outs as well as injuries and the virus has made the season uncertain at best.  I am a Buckeye fan and I really put an asterisk on the season.  I don't really care at this point who makes or wins the CFB Championship.  To many variables for my taste.  Truth is I really don't care if the Buckeyes are successful because of the uncertainty of the season for all Colleges.

Just my opinion..........it's like voting for Barry Bonds for the baseball HOF.  No way he and others like him belong in that hallowed institution.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2020, 12:43:33 PM »

We have a $1.3 mil Trumpf 5040 CO2 Laser. Cuts up to 1" thick metals. It can run lights out, load and unload all by itself.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2020, 06:50:55 PM »
B1G should have just played football in the spring like they once planned. Get everyone vaccinated then have a real season. This season was a sad mockery.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2020, 06:18:46 PM »
Alas, no Michigan/Iowa game either.

Michigan got several of its top targets on today's signing day, though, so I'm happy about that.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2020, 07:47:11 PM »
Alas, no Michigan/Iowa game either.

Michigan got several of its top targets on today's signing day, though, so I'm happy about that.

Brooke being a Youngstown State Alum and a Buckeye Fan, the Buckeyes have an incredible list of 2021 recruits.  This list is better then Urban Meyer ever had according to some pundits.

Now.........you may think this weird being as I am a Buckeye Fan.  I would love NOTHING better then seeing the team up north improve to it's former glory.  It matter of factly is good for the BIG.

We've got great coaches in Iowa, Penn State, Indiana and Northwestern and even Purdue, Maryland and Rutgers are improving.  I am a Browns fan since the 50's.  But I enjoy College football more then I do the NFL. 
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2020, 10:32:57 AM »
Brooke being a Youngstown State Alum and a Buckeye Fan, the Buckeyes have an incredible list of 2021 recruits.  This list is better then Urban Meyer ever had according to some pundits.

Now.........you may think this weird being as I am a Buckeye Fan.  I would love NOTHING better then seeing the team up north improve to it's former glory.  It matter of factly is good for the BIG.

We've got great coaches in Iowa, Penn State, Indiana and Northwestern and even Purdue, Maryland and Rutgers are improving.  I am a Browns fan since the 50's.  But I enjoy College football more then I do the NFL.

There is ONLY college football in my book. It has always been better, it is now the only show in town for some time now.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2020, 05:15:37 PM »
There is ONLY college football in my book. It has always been better, it is now the only show in town for some time now.

Colin Kaepernick was protesting systemic racism, not disrespecting the flag or our troops. Get it right.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2020, 05:37:19 PM »
I'm not watching a bunch of anyone (let alone a bunch of wealthy celebrities) kneeling for the national anthem.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2020, 05:43:11 PM »
Colin Kaepernick was protesting systemic racism, not disrespecting the flag or our troops. Get it right.

I supported him until he wore socks with cops as pigs. You don’t disrespect the law where I’m from.

Also, Ohio state shouldn’t be allowed in the playoff win or lose.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2020, 12:38:49 PM »

He just disrespected our flag and troops as his protest. Not only that, he did it during football......... not what folks came to see. He is a worthless idiot.
80th FS "Headhunters"