Author Topic: College football 2020  (Read 27937 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: College football 2020
« Reply #315 on: December 22, 2021, 04:14:28 PM »
Texam A&M withdraws from Gator Bowl because the team is infected with Covid...

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32924077/texas-aggies-pull-gator-bowl-college-football-game-due-covid-19-issues-program-sources-say

Wake Forest needs an opponent, rumor mill looks like maybe 5-7 Rutgers could be the replacement.

Can only field 38 Scholarship players. Does not meet NCAA rules. Year is done.... looking forward to next year. No sports till then.

Will enjoy watching the other games.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #316 on: December 22, 2021, 04:33:14 PM »
Man, that sucks.  I feel sorry for all the folks affected.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #317 on: December 24, 2021, 07:07:05 AM »
What a freaking joke this all is.

"You can still get sick and spread the virus with the vaccine, its just the affects aren't as bad.". "And it's still the unvaxxed fault I'm sick, so you better show your papers to eat at this restaurant, and no, it's not racist to show ID to eat a cheese burger."

Sigh. That's what I call shifting the goal post. Pun intended.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #318 on: December 24, 2021, 08:09:46 AM »
What a freaking joke this all is.

"You can still get sick and spread the virus with the vaccine, its just the affects aren't as bad.". "And it's still the unvaxxed fault I'm sick, so you better show your papers to eat at this restaurant, and no, it's not racist to show ID to eat a cheese burger."

Sigh. That's what I call shifting the goal post. Pun intended.

The unvaxxed are the petrie dishes and make up for almost all of the hospital and ICU admissions.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #319 on: December 24, 2021, 09:39:53 AM »
The unvaxxed are the petrie dishes and make up for almost all of the hospital and ICU admissions.

False
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #320 on: December 24, 2021, 01:42:06 PM »

Not only that, but the US counties with the worst vaccination rates that voted for the guys spreading vaccine falsehoods die at a 3 to 1 ratio compared to the us counties that voted for the guys that aren't spreading vaccine falsehoods.

I once heard it said by some US religious extremists that HIV/AIDS was sent by god to kill all the gays. Well by that logic, Covid was sent by god to kill all science-deniers.  Ironic.

I say, we should open up the economy, let "personal responsibility" be our guide, and let them all die.  Also, take away government financial support for hospital stays for the unvacced.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #321 on: December 24, 2021, 02:07:35 PM »
False
Not the brightest light bulb in the room , for sure.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #322 on: December 25, 2021, 10:29:40 AM »
Not the brightest light bulb in the room , for sure.

I have 100% chance of no vaccine injury and a 99.9% chance of not dying to covid. I'd say my odds are pretty damned good. No way in hell am I going to make my immune system a subscription service for fascist big pharma and its fascist followers trying to force people against their will. "Walking Petrie dishes" are you kidding me? You are the science experiment, not us bro.
Not only that, but the US counties with the worst vaccination rates that voted for the guys spreading vaccine falsehoods die at a 3 to 1 ratio compared to the us counties that voted for the guys that aren't spreading vaccine falsehoods.

I once heard it said by some US religious extremists that HIV/AIDS was sent by god to kill all the gays. Well by that logic, Covid was sent by god to kill all science-deniers.  Ironic.

I say, we should open up the economy, let "personal responsibility" be our guide, and let them all die.  Also, take away government financial support for hospital stays for the unvacced.

Your stats are  false  and infact more children are being injured by the Vax than by covid. If any other drug was doing this much damage they would have pulled it long ago. Infact sports players are now far more likely to have cardiac arrest during playing, which has been majorly observed this year. HIV was created by the likes of Fauci and all of their eugenicist like Bill Gates Father. FYI. Thanks for telling us how you really feel though. It's hilarious how you all said, take the vaccine and we will have sports again, now all of the players with the vaccine are getting covid and they are stopping playing. Why can't you people ever be honest and just admit that you were wrong?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 10:53:23 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #323 on: December 25, 2021, 03:35:01 PM »
"I have 100% chance of no vaccine injury and a 99.9% chance of not dying to covid. I'd say my odds are pretty damned good. No way in hell am I going to make my immune system a subscription service for fascist big pharma and its fascist followers trying to force people against their will. "Walking Petrie dishes" are you kidding me? You are the science experiment, not us bro."

And this is the attitude that has the USA in the covid mess it is in today.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #324 on: December 25, 2021, 05:06:55 PM »
With respect to covid deaths per capita, US is about the same as Belgium, UK, and Poland.

Vaccination plus seroprevalence in the US is above 80% now.
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2784013

So far, judging from South Africa, which is the nation most hit by Omicron, getting infected with Omicron variant is not particularly deadly.  If we are lucky, Omicron will bring the end of the pandemic.  Death rate in the graph below are the lines under the teal active-cases plot.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #325 on: December 26, 2021, 07:38:03 AM »
"I have 100% chance of no vaccine injury and a 99.9% chance of not dying to covid. I'd say my odds are pretty damned good. No way in hell am I going to make my immune system a subscription service for fascist big pharma and its fascist followers trying to force people against their will. "Walking Petrie dishes" are you kidding me? You are the science experiment, not us bro."

And this is the attitude that has the USA in the covid mess it is in today.

Seeing as how the virus first started in the most left place in America first of all, and they didn't curtail it there, shows what a load of BS your statement is. Secondly, if masks and everything planes are doing actually worked, the Omicron should have never spread in the first place over seas, therefore negating yalls entire premise that masks do anything. Like Brooke said, most of these places have all had relatively the same outcomes. Sure is strange how none of those leaders got even close to the same horrible propaganda treatment as former president. Why do you think that is?  China has completely lied about their cases and death #s. Why is the UN a little Beeyotch to China who negligently was responsible for this mess in the first place? Guess what, the virus went right thru those doctors hazmat suites FFS. I'm getting real tired of Americans being the ones to blame here.

Let's hope Brooke is right and this Omicron is the last phase.

The vaccine failed, and now ships with 100% vaccinated pop are getting sick. How is that even possible if they are wearing masks, vaccinated, and going by the rules?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #326 on: December 26, 2021, 09:51:55 PM »
Getting this back to football... we do need an endgame where the game goes on even if someone is infected with Covid.  Michael Jordan scored 38 in a crucial playoff game while sick with the flu... https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2021/06/11/michael-jordan-flu-game-24th-anniversary/7652703002

No one suggested keeping him out if he wanted to play, or refused to play against him for fear of catching the flu themselves. Like it or not, sports are going to have to get to that point again with Covid, despite the fact that Covid is more deadly than the flu by an order of magnitude.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #327 on: December 27, 2021, 12:32:56 AM »
IFR is "infection fatality rate".  It is how many people die divided by how many get infected by it.

IFR for flu and Covid are in the same ballpark (0.1% vs 0.15%) according to this:
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/eci.13554

IFR for Covid is enormously age dependent.  If you are less than 40 years old, IFR for Covid is 0.01% according to this:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC7505013/

Omicron might be far less deadly.

Given that Covid mutates, it will probably be endemic like flu, and most people -- especially athletes -- will eventually just get on with living as usual.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #328 on: December 27, 2021, 12:50:08 AM »
I am still amazed at how covid has about cured heart disease, cancer, aids, and many other illnesses.

My mother in law and sister in law had procedures. Tested and no covid. Afterwards both had paperwork that said "covid related".

Little science.... lots of fraud.

We are vaxxed and my wife has covid. Just found out today.

We have it pouring in over the border.......
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 12:53:46 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #329 on: December 27, 2021, 01:09:50 AM »
Man, Shuffler -- my best wishes to you and your wife.

I'm hoping that it is very mild for her.

Sounds like Paxlovid might be a promising treatment if given early, but is new, so who knows, and might not be much available yet.  I guess main treatment these days is monoclonal antibodies, also if given early.  I don't know what doctors typically are recommending these days other than nothing.  What's your doctor recommending?