Author Topic: College football 2020  (Read 27936 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: College football 2020
« Reply #330 on: December 27, 2021, 12:23:13 PM »
Man, Shuffler -- my best wishes to you and your wife.

I'm hoping that it is very mild for her.

Sounds like Paxlovid might be a promising treatment if given early, but is new, so who knows, and might not be much available yet.  I guess main treatment these days is monoclonal antibodies, also if given early.  I don't know what doctors typically are recommending these days other than nothing.  What's your doctor recommending?

Thanks!  She had fever, aches and pains, sore throat yesterday. All they told her was to take vitamin C, and zinc, along with plenty of liquids and maybe some cough syrup if needed. She woke up feeling better today.

We have 4 at the shop out testing positive. none of them even feel bad.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #331 on: December 27, 2021, 01:18:00 PM »
OK, very glad to hear that she is feeling better.  Same with your guys at the shop.

Too bad standard of care still seems to be "do nothing until you are sick enough to go to the hospital".

I'm not a doctor and can't give medical advice.  Only commenting on things I've read, like taking aspirin for anti-inflammatory and anti-coagulant properties (but have to be careful if already on a blood thinner), taking quercetin along with zinc (to help get zinc into cells as an ionophore), taking vitamin D, and using Scope mouthwash (to help cut down viral load in throat).  These are things I can ask my doctor about, and they are all well-known non-prescription items.

I, myself, am also interested in Ivermectin, but most doctors don't think highly of that.

I'm hoping Paxlovid pans out.  That one seems promising from what is so far written about it.  But as it is new, it might take a while before it is even available.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #332 on: December 27, 2021, 02:18:46 PM »
Based on many accounts I have read, Ivermectin seems to be a wonderful drug that the big pharma fascist don't want to allow.  Tons of studies out there that are very promising for Ivermectin treating cancers and other diseases. It's a shame big pharma fascist has such a grip on the medical industry.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #333 on: December 27, 2021, 02:42:10 PM »
Where do you find these accounts lauding the miracle snake oil?  :D

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #334 on: December 27, 2021, 02:50:29 PM »
Where do you find these accounts lauding the miracle snake oil?  :D

With respect to Ivermectin for Covid, one of them is:

https://ivmmeta.com/

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #335 on: December 27, 2021, 03:22:19 PM »
55% mortality hardly seems a ringing endorsement.  :huh

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #336 on: December 27, 2021, 03:59:07 PM »
Only time now I can stand to watch sports is when there's a chant of "Lets go Brandon". Heck I almost cried when NHL went woke'.
Thank the Gods for UFC channel.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 04:12:00 PM by Arlo »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #338 on: December 27, 2021, 08:07:55 PM »

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #339 on: December 27, 2021, 10:55:45 PM »
55% mortality hardly seems a ringing endorsement.  :huh

If you are referring to the link I posted, you are confusing % improvement with death %.

50% is the improvement, not death rate.  It means if you have a 0.2% death rate in the control group and a 0.1% death rate in the treatment group, it is a 50% improvement (i.e., half the deaths go away).  A 100% improvement would be a death rate of zero with treatment -- i.e., 100% of the deaths go away, not that treatment gives you 100% death rate.

By the way, I wouldn't go by the meta analysis given in that reference.  I like that reference more for the quick summaries (like how many deaths per N in treatment vs. control group), and clickable reference to the papers for reading.  I read a few of them to see if the studies looked to me like crap or not.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 10:58:26 PM by Brooke »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #340 on: December 28, 2021, 06:20:24 AM »
50% is the improvement, not death rate.

It says 55% mortality. Mortality typically indicates death in spite of treatment. Words matter. If that supposedly requires 'clarification/translation' then data misuse or massaging becomes the issue.  :huh

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #341 on: December 28, 2021, 07:49:38 AM »
Here's why I question this so much. So many people without prescriptions be like:

"ohh I take Adderall before tests and stay up for 24 hours to study, regardless of negative side effects that may happen."

"Oh I like doing Xanax and tabs when I drink because it really makes me feel good" regardless of the negative side effects.

"Oh I love doing Molly and extacy at raves" even though it's really dangerous.

"Oh acid was really cool one time" even though it's extremely dangerous.

"Oh Opoids are incredibly addicting but they make feel so good" regardless of the negative side effects. Infact, I lost a 16 to year old friend to friend to prison that ruined his life because of addicting opiods, I don't remember big media and big pharma shutting those down for overdoses and malfeasance.

"Oh I smoke Marijuana because it makes me feel good" regardless of the negative side effects that may happen.

"All drugs should be legalized, who cares about how addicting herion and meth are. They can get help" regardless of the negative side effects and consequences.

But the second I say, "hey man, there's a lot of positive studies coming out about Ivermectin that can treat a lot of diseases actually it's showing. It will probably help you get over the virus much faster and clean out any potentially harmful parasites you don't know about.

They be like "I ain't taking no horse paste, that stuff could be dangerous".

🤦‍♂️

« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 07:51:59 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #342 on: December 28, 2021, 08:18:30 AM »
So your rationale follows that since people abuse drugs Ivermectin is good, especially if there are people that claim its a veterinary treatment turned wonder drug? Well, that's, uh, weird.  :huh

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #343 on: December 28, 2021, 08:59:17 AM »
So your rationale follows that since people abuse drugs Ivermectin is good, especially if there are people that claim its a veterinary treatment turned wonder drug? Well, that's, uh, weird.  :huh

Not even close to my rationale. My rational is the same people abusing those drugs are the same people saying Ivermectin is bad which makes 0 since logically.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #344 on: December 28, 2021, 10:14:37 AM »
Not even close to my rationale. My rational is the same people abusing those drugs are the same people saying Ivermectin is bad which makes 0 since logically.

Zero sense, logically, seems to closely resemble your presumptive 'reasoning.'  :huh