Author Topic: College football 2020  (Read 27945 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: College football 2020
« Reply #375 on: December 29, 2021, 10:27:00 AM »
I doubt anyone really thinks Alabama is the underdog. I assume the guy said it because of the hype Cincy is getting. It's the same hype 12-0 Notre Dame got before getting curb stomped by Clemson 30-3. The spread is 13.5 and really that is all that needs to be said.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #376 on: December 29, 2021, 12:04:19 PM »
Oh, and, the profits of a free vaccine must be staggering for 'Big Pharma.'  ;)

At least 6 billion to moderna alone way back in April...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/2021/04/29/nation/us-government-has-now-given-moderna-6b-vaccine-effort/%3foutputType=amp

Our tax dollars are paying for this free shot and not just for Americans...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #377 on: December 29, 2021, 12:42:53 PM »
At least 6 billion to moderna alone way back in April...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/2021/04/29/nation/us-government-has-now-given-moderna-6b-vaccine-effort/%3foutputType=amp

Our tax dollars are paying for this free shot and not just for Americans...

Eagler

And you think that amount of federal reimbursement makes providing a vaccine, globally, at no cost upon receipt, a profitable scheme that is a scam? No, really?  :huh

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #378 on: December 29, 2021, 01:56:39 PM »
And you think that amount of federal reimbursement makes providing a vaccine, globally, at no cost upon receipt, a profitable scheme that is a scam? No, really?  :huh

What?

I am stating no one is doing any of this for free..

Our tax dollars are paying for it all

How do you think potato head is going to pay for all the "free" home tests he promised?

What about the vaccines the US "donated " to the poorest countries?

Ya think the manufacturer are going to donate them out of the goodness of their own hearts?

Only the really ignorant think anything is free from the government and it might be mostly for them as they are barely scrapping by..see Obama care for a fine example of that scheme

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #379 on: December 29, 2021, 02:08:04 PM »
What?

I am stating no one is doing any of this for free..

Our tax dollars are paying for it all

How do you think potato head is going to pay for all the "free" home tests he promised?

What about the vaccines the US "donated " to the poorest countries?

Ya think the manufacturer are going to donate them out of the goodness of their own hearts?

Only the really ignorant think anything is free from the government and it might be mostly for them as they are barely scrapping by..see Obama care for a fine example of that scheme

Eagler

Focus. The whole 'Big Pharma scam' thing that DS is selling is paranoid delusion. Yes, federal tax dollars are used to reimburse the vaccine manufacturers. It isn't a profitable scam. If you want to go full blown 'waste of our tax dollars at our expense for other's profit' mindset then consider steering threads toward defense department funding. Oh, roll tide roll.  ;)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #380 on: December 29, 2021, 05:42:15 PM »
Focus. The whole 'Big Pharma scam' thing that DS is selling is paranoid delusion. Yes, federal tax dollars are used to reimburse the vaccine manufacturers. It isn't a profitable scam. If you want to go full blown 'waste of our tax dollars at our expense for other's profit' mindset then consider steering threads toward defense department funding. Oh, roll tide roll.  ;)

If the government mandates a bodily substance that a private company makes, and the US government pays for it and makes a return on it, markets it, and forces people to take it. While using propaganda to discredit alternatives that actually are helping people. Why that would be considered fascism, correct?

By the way, I hope GA woops Bama this weekend. Really hope to see a good game.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #381 on: December 29, 2021, 06:35:53 PM »
By the way, I hope GA woops Bama this weekend. Really hope to see a good game.
Georgia doesn't play Alabama this weekend...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #382 on: December 29, 2021, 07:09:04 PM »
If the government mandates a bodily substance that a private company makes, and the US government pays for it and makes a return on it, markets it, and forces people to take it. While using propaganda to discredit alternatives that actually are helping people. Why that would be considered fascism, correct?

1. The federal govt. doesn't have a universal mandate forcing the vaccine on all U.S. citizens.
2. How have you determined that there is a return on the reimbursement and, if so, how much are you imagining?
3. Alternatives have not proven to be better than the vaccine. No 'propaganda' needed.
4. I've received a formal education (both in history and political science) on what fascism is and is not. It didn't involve 'researching' online conspiracy sites to tell me what to regurgitate.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #383 on: December 30, 2021, 03:31:41 AM »
1. The federal govt. doesn't have a universal mandate forcing the vaccine on all U.S. citizens.

No, but it's trying some angles anyway, such as with the attempt to mandate vaccination for employees.

2. How have you determined that there is a return on the reimbursement and, if so, how much are you imagining?

Not directed at me, but since you are interested:  There are many $billions in profits, many 10's of $billions in revenue, and many $billions in market-cap increase.

This is for half a year (1st half of 2021) in Covid vaccine sales:

Pfizer had revenue of $11 billion.

BioNTech had revenue of $22 billion and profit of $5.5 billion.  Also, its stock went from $40 in 2020 to $241 today, an increase in market cap of $10 billion.

Moderna had revenue of $6 billion and profit of $4 billion.  Also, its stock went from $19 in 2020 to $247 today, an increase in market cap of $8 billion.

This according to:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/11/covid-19-vaccines-the-contracts-prices-and-profits
And stock and market caps taken from finance.yahoo.com

Those profits aren't (in my opinion) bad if you want companies to come up with and produce such things for you.  Also, $50 billion/year is small potatoes compared to the $trillions the government is spending otherwise on Covid-related stuff.  But it's not charity work.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #384 on: December 30, 2021, 03:40:06 AM »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #385 on: December 30, 2021, 06:56:13 AM »
Nm said my piece

I am done hijacking this thread  :)

Eagler
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 07:10:02 AM by Eagler »

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #386 on: December 30, 2021, 07:14:29 AM »

Ahh damnit. Got that mixed up. Would love to see that Cincinnati upset haha but I think Bama gonna crush em. GA V Michigan should be a close one I hope.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #387 on: December 30, 2021, 08:44:09 AM »
No, but it's trying some angles anyway, such as with the attempt to mandate vaccination for employees.

Actually, the private sector is beating them to the punch there. But they are requiring those with federal contracts to step in line. Not nearly as radical a move as those with a political grudge attempt to paint.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #388 on: December 30, 2021, 09:03:02 AM »
Actually, the private sector is beating them to the punch there. But they are requiring those with federal contracts to step in line. Not nearly as radical a move as those with a political grudge attempt to paint.

Uhhh what's this whole "if you have more than 100 employees, they must get vaxxed" mandate. Cleary an over reach. How about thousands of long term teachers, nurses, doctors, and career workers and military men losing their jobs over this BS mandate by a single person in governmen. That's corrupt and cowardly and not sure how you support this level of actual fascism.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 09:04:39 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #389 on: December 30, 2021, 09:20:11 AM »
Uhhh what's this whole "if you have more than 100 employees, they must get vaxxed" mandate. Cleary an over reach. How about thousands of long term teachers, nurses, doctors, and career workers and military men losing their jobs over this BS mandate by a single person in governmen. That's corrupt and cowardly and not sure how you support this level of actual fascism.

The OSHA requirement calls for vaccination OR weekly tests. While you're busily doing your 'Look at them there Fascists!' tap-dance - lets take a casual stroll through recent history so you can have a hissy about that, as well: https://www.history.com/news/polio-fear-post-wwii-era

Leaving out key details is kinda reminiscent of Joseph Goebbels in many ways but I guess you're immune to such accusations as you make such.  ;)

(Enough with the melodramatic false equivalency.)