Author Topic: Getting to know each other  (Read 3065 times)

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Getting to know each other
« on: October 23, 2020, 06:19:50 PM »
Hi!

I haven't been playing in ages and really haven't been to the boards in a while. So what about a nice get-to-know-you round?  If this is more of O'club stuff please move this thread to there HiTech. :cheers:

I'm Panzzer, no real idea behind that name, I've actually fanciend StuG's more, but that's what I chose to go on with in 2002, and yes, there's an extra z there. But that's when I started in AH and what I started with, haven't gotten to changing yet... But I'm Riku from Finland, nice to know you.

So me and a couple of friends started playing AH, got together with other Finns and have had some fun in special events and in the MA. We've had some good Finn Meets during the years and I've made some good friends around the globe. I've met some (in Germany, Iceland, those who have visited Finland). All good fun. I got involved in having things happen, I was part of AvA staff for a while and then moved on to CM team to host an event or two, but family life took a toll then.

After my son was born (2009) I have cut down on my AH activities. I even closed my account for a while. Other stuff was happening too, such as my wife losing both her parents in less than five years. But now I've activated my account again (actually it was in one of the Finnish meetings a few years back), so any familiar faces still flying?

Also: heavy metal, WW2 planes (doh!), Star Wars, aircraft in general, rc models. :rock

Cheers!  :cheers:
Riku  / Panzzer
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Trev95

• Copper Member
Re: Getting to know each other
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 08:58:13 PM »
Hi Panzzer!

Panzzer its great to see some old blood returning!  My ID is FBTrev95, I am primarily a bomber pilot (B17G & B29) with a side of P40.  I enjoy running my MA missions "Riftval's Bombers" Friday nights in the MA, and flying with The Freebird$ Squadron on squad nights.  I started playing Aces High III in the fall of 2017 and haven't looked back since.  You can normally find me in the AVA arena for Monday Night Madness and Thursday Night Tank Wars.  I also enjoy making Aces High content for the community.

I look forward to seeing you around.

<S>FBTrev95/Riftval  :airplane:
FBTrev95/Riftval
Riftvals Bombers

Online Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 10:11:17 PM »
so any familiar faces still flying?

Dude!  Welcome back!

- oldman (and what have you heard of Kanttori?)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 10:27:54 PM »
cool you coming back, just for the record I am married  :salute

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 10:33:54 PM »
Welcome back. May your return be fun.  :old: :) :cheers:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 11:23:53 PM »
Hmmmm some of us old timers are still around.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2020, 02:01:45 AM »
- oldman (and what have you heard of Kanttori?)
Kanttori still is a very active as a WW2 virtual pilot and mapmaker, unfortunately for us he has moved to another sim. Just yesterday he called me, asking if I could lend him a stick and some other gear so that he, his son and grandson could fly together. Oh, and he builds some very fancy throttles with dozens of knobs, buttons and rotaries.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2020, 11:09:33 AM »
Welcome back Panzzer/Riku!     :airplane:

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2020, 01:00:38 PM »
Welcome back!  Good to see you again.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2020, 03:27:16 PM »
Welcome back Panzzer.  If you need any map layouts of bases, guns, strats, etc., PM me your e-mail addy and I'll send them to you.  Goodluck and again, welcome back.

Cheers,  One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2020, 06:31:25 PM »
Hi!

I haven't been playing in ages and really haven't been to the boards in a while. So what about a nice get-to-know-you round?  If this is more of O'club stuff please move this thread to there HiTech. :cheers:

I'm Panzzer, no real idea behind that name, I've actually fanciend StuG's more, but that's what I chose to go on with in 2002, and yes, there's an extra z there. But that's when I started in AH and what I started with, haven't gotten to changing yet... But I'm Riku from Finland, nice to know you.

So me and a couple of friends started playing AH, got together with other Finns and have had some fun in special events and in the MA. We've had some good Finn Meets during the years and I've made some good friends around the globe. I've met some (in Germany, Iceland, those who have visited Finland). All good fun. I got involved in having things happen, I was part of AvA staff for a while and then moved on to CM team to host an event or two, but family life took a toll then.

After my son was born (2009) I have cut down on my AH activities. I even closed my account for a while. Other stuff was happening too, such as my wife losing both her parents in less than five years. But now I've activated my account again (actually it was in one of the Finnish meetings a few years back), so any familiar faces still flying?

Also: heavy metal, WW2 planes (doh!), Star Wars, aircraft in general, rc models. :rock

Cheers!  :cheers:
Riku  / Panzzer

Welcome back, nice to see a fellow modeler.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2020, 12:51:03 PM »
Kanttori still is a very active as a WW2 virtual pilot and mapmaker, unfortunately for us he has moved to another sim. Just yesterday he called me, asking if I could lend him a stick and some other gear so that he, his son and grandson could fly together. Oh, and he builds some very fancy throttles with dozens of knobs, buttons and rotaries.

I really like the look of the throttle.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline LilBlizz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2020, 02:33:19 PM »
Hey Panzzer, and welcome back!!

I am fairly new to the game, only been playing for about 5 months almost 6. My Game ID was LilBlizz but has recently changed to ULBlizz because I just got into a squad (Unsung Legends).

I love to fly the Spitfires but I am trying to widen my knowledge on other planes! I don't know much about planes/flying except for the basics, this game is great for learning.

Welcome back, and I hope to see you out there!! :salute
"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." -Albert Einstein
Never be afraid of failure.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2020, 02:38:31 PM »
Hey Panzzer, and welcome back!!

I am fairly new to the game, only been playing for about 5 months almost 6. My Game ID was LilBlizz but has recently changed to ULBlizz because I just got into a squad (Unsung Legends).

I love to fly the Spitfires but I am trying to widen my knowledge on other planes! I don't know much about planes/flying except for the basics, this game is great for learning.

Welcome back, and I hope to see you out there!! :salute

Panzzer.... watch out for this one. She is getting better quickly. Some are thinking she may be reincarnated from one of our past players...... I don't know but I blame her Mom.

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2020, 06:09:50 PM »
Hi, I'm Nefari and I've been playing this game for over half of my life and I still suck.

I find the Special Events Arena to be superior to MA play.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!