Author Topic: point value of radar  (Read 1921 times)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
Re: point value of radar
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2020, 09:25:28 AM »
You should feel good about taking out a radar when you do. I know guys that have been here years and still miss the dar more often than hit it.

You shouldnt need "points" to feel good.

Radar, even with the new settings is a valuable target. Ords are another high value target. Generally low risk and easy to kill but with high payoff to friendlies. VH and guns too but those are more difficult or riskier.

I usuay fly fighters so picking your targets based on the aid to friendlies and the ordnance available is a calculated decision and in my opinion is a nice feature of the game.

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2020, 09:52:42 AM »
You should feel good about taking out a radar when you do. I know guys that have been here years and still miss the dar more often than hit it.

You shouldnt need "points" to feel good.

This!

It is not too hard to hit, but hit it you must. There are those that have been here quite some time that miss it regularly.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2020, 02:16:20 PM »
yeah I get ya. I just want to feel good about myself when I take out radar. LOL. makes sense though.

I always thought radar should have been harder to destroy in the first place rather than make all of the other adjustments to radar. Just my opinion though. Always thought it was too easy to take down. Thats the first thing everyone goes for which makes all of the dots dissappear, thus possibly confusing new players about where the action is if no green dots are near.

In all reality. If you get VH and Ord. You will be doing far more for your team. Ord prevents bombers and attack planes from rolling. VH prevents those pesky tanks from rolling to kill your tank squad trying to sneak the base, or spawning out to steal yours. Barracks are many, but it will prevent a quick resupply from the enemy on that field.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2020, 02:22:00 PM »
Always thought it was too easy to take down. That's the first thing everyone goes for which makes all of the dots disappear, thus possibly confusing new players about where the action is if no green dots are near.

Dar bar indicates action. New guys probably need to be taught to have green dots near when it comes to base grabs.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2020, 04:21:25 PM »
I always thought radar should have been harder to destroy in the first place rather than make all of the other adjustments to radar. Just my opinion though. Always thought it was too easy to take down. Thats the first thing everyone goes for which makes all of the dots dissappear, thus possibly confusing new players about where the action is if no green dots are near.

In all reality. If you get VH and Ord. You will be doing far more for your team. Ord prevents bombers and attack planes from rolling. VH prevents those pesky tanks from rolling to kill your tank squad trying to sneak the base, or spawning out to steal yours. Barracks are many, but it will prevent a quick resupply from the enemy on that field.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Killing dar makes it much more likely for hey fighter and buffs to make it to their target tho

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2020, 06:01:33 PM »
Killing dar makes it much more likely for hey fighter and buffs to make it to their target tho

I disagree. Just 3 planes upping can cover and paint any incoming aircraft.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2020, 06:20:31 PM »

planes would have to be near the edge of the dar to see anything coming.

killing dar gives you a chance to avoid detection. specially helpful for bombers and Goons.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2020, 08:00:57 PM »